Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 35 of 104
« First < 25333435 36374585 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
smokeyandthebandit05 08:31 PM 04-19-2009
Im on the edge of my seat!!!!!!:-)
smokeyandthebandit05 08:31 PM 04-19-2009
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Devils win in overtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

sorry lol
smokeyandthebandit05 08:33 PM 04-19-2009
hahahahaha I love all the looks on the disappointed hurricanes fans lol

they look like this :-) combined with :-):-):-):-)
jamesb3 08:38 PM 04-19-2009
Rich I would congratulat you but your Devils beat my Wings in '95. I've got a long grudge.
smokeyandthebandit05 08:40 PM 04-19-2009
lol Im sorry. Well...atleast I wasnt that big of a fan back then.
jamesb3 08:43 PM 04-19-2009
woo-hoo, Ducks up on San Jose 1-0
Waynegro1 09:00 PM 04-19-2009
The Blues just went down 3-0 in the series today.:-)
The way they played the last few weeks was just amazing. I just don't know what has happened. They just seem flat. I'm got so frustrated tonight, watching them take their sweet time retrieving the puck for an iceing call (with 5 min. left in the 3rd). I just thought they would give Vancouver a run for their money.
Anyway, congrats to all that had a better night then me. :-)
jamesb3 09:27 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
woo-hoo, Ducks up on San Jose 1-0
so-so 1-1
jamesb3 10:17 PM 04-19-2009
so-so 1-1
Woo-hoo Ducks 2-1
icehog3 10:22 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by jonharky:
Are we supposed to be worried about blackhawks?? Detroit will take car of them just lile they are taking care of columbus IMHO :-)
What I said was the Hawks and Wings couldn't potentially meet until the Conference Finals.

The Hawks will need to worry about the Canucks or Sharks before the Wings.

And the Hawks ain't the Jackets. :-)

Sat Apr 11, 2009 Blackhawks 4 Red Wings 2
Sun Apr 12, 2009 Red Wings 0 Blackhawks 3
jamesb3 10:29 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
What I said was the Hawks and Wings couldn't potentially meet until the Conference Finals.

The Hawks will need to worry about the Canucks or Sharks before the Wings.

And the Hawks ain't the Jackets. :-)

Sat Apr 11, 2009 Blackhawks 4 Red Wings 2
Sun Apr 12, 2009 Red Wings 0 Blackhawks 3
Don't get to excited about those last two games Tom. Wings were already locked in. Be a lot different when they count for real.
icehog3 10:35 PM 04-19-2009
Don't get to excited about those last two games Tom. Wings were already locked in. Be a lot different when they count for real.
I wonder how much the Wrigley game meant except for the pomp and circumstance. :-)

I am excited, for the first time in over a decade. I don't think we will win the Cup, but I am excited. Try not to deflate my balloon just yet, James. :-)
icehog3 10:40 PM 04-19-2009
Sharks down 2-0 to the Ducks.

Wow. Just wow.
jamesb3 10:41 PM 04-19-2009
Okay Tom:-)

Ducks up 2-0 in the series. Maybe I better be carefull wishing for a date with them in the next round.
icehog3 11:07 PM 04-19-2009

Ducks up 2-0 in the series. Maybe I better be carefull wishing for a date with them in the next round.
I don't think Hiller can stop Pavel and Henrik. :-)
bugmenot 11:18 PM 04-19-2009

I wouldn't want to play them, though the Wings should be able to take care of them in 5 or 6. They are a strong team in general, just had a horrible start to the season.

I don't think Hiller can stop Pavel and Henrik. :-)
Not if they shoot stick side high. Sharks keep shooting for the five hole, but Hiller plays low, so it just hits him in the chest. I can clearly see this, yet they keep going 5 hole, just don't get it.

Sharks are just depressing in the playoffs. They haven't played well since the all star break, and they can't put the damn puck in the net. They did better tonight than game 1, but they have a ways to go. Playoff hockey comes down to special teams. Sharks were 3rd in the league on the power play, and are a combined 0 for 12 this series. Pronger isn't going to stop cross checking if it doesn't cost his team. Not at all surprised by what is happening, just disappointed.
icehog3 11:21 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
I wouldn't want to play them, though the Wings should be able to take care of them in 5 or 6. They are a strong team in general, just had a horrible start to the season.

Not if they shoot stick side high. Sharks keep shooting for the five hole, but Hiller plays low, so it just hits him in the chest. I can clearly see this, yet they keep going 5 hole, just don't get it.

Sharks are just depressing in the playoffs. They haven't played well since the all star break, and they can't put the damn puck in the net. They did better tonight than game 1, but they have a ways to go. Playoff hockey comes down to special teams. Sharks were 3rd in the league on the power play, and are a combined 0 for 12 this series. Pronger isn't going to stop cross checking if it doesn't cost his team. Not at all surprised by what is happening, just disappointed.

I was picking them to take the Cup at the beginning of March. I can't believe how they are playing right into Hiller's hand (and chest protector). I think they need to take both games at the Pond to have any chance to advance.
jamesb3 11:23 PM 04-19-2009
I was picking them to take the Cup at the beginning of March. I can't believe how they are playing right into Hiller's hand (and chest protector). I think they need to take both games at the Pond to have any chance to advance.
Your spot on there Tom. Can't fall behind 3-1.
bugmenot 11:31 PM 04-19-2009
It's pretty pathetic to me, and I don't get it. They went down 0-2 against Dallas, and just couldn't muster it up to beat them. I don't get how they can't see that there 40+ shots are useless if they are right at him. I think he has made around 10 saves that are actually good, the rest have hit him. Test him, and aim high, make him MAKE a save, instead of a stop.
icehog3 11:34 PM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
It's pretty pathetic to me, and I don't get it. They went down 0-2 against Dallas, and just couldn't muster it up to beat them. I don't get how they can't see that there 40+ shots are useless if they are right at him. I think he has made around 10 saves that are actually good, the rest have hit him. Test him, and aim high, make him MAKE a save, instead of a stop.

You would think Brian Campbell was still on the Sharks with the poor shot selection! :-)
Page 35 of 104
« First < 25333435 36374585 > Last »
Up