Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 349 of 353
« First < 249299339347348349 350351 > Last »
Entertainment>What's the last movie you watched?
Blak Smyth 01:14 PM 04-29-2012
Contraband
I am legend
Interview with a vampire
OLS 02:12 PM 04-29-2012
Shane, I can recall when my roomate was working a security detail at Destrehan Plantation where they were shooting a
lot of scenes for Interview with the Vampire. He was on overnight security and we took a lot of photos on the set.
If you recall the scene where Brad Pitt flies into Tom Cruise and slams him into a big oak tree and ol Tom just laughs
at him...it was right after he turned him. That tree had been covered with a big batt of foam rubber and painted
to match the bark. We took some photos holding each other up against that tree. I need to find those pics...
The place where they burned down the first house was there, as was that whole scene when he is pondering being fully
turned and after he is turned, but before they moved to the Quarter. (Although the exterior from the first scene of the
film on the levee was filmed upriver at Oak Alley...supposed to be the same house, but it isn't.) Good times, I was sure
a lot younger then.
mase 09:15 AM 04-30-2012
My Cousin Vinny
msobo32 10:25 AM 04-30-2012
The Three Stooges movie 2012. Actually pleasently surprised by it. The new guys playing Larry, Moe & Currly are spot on with the imitation. I took my 7 year old and we laughed pretty much the whole movie. Worth checking out.
Taki 10:33 AM 04-30-2012
Contraband :-)
OLS 12:10 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by msobo32:
The Three Stooges movie 2012. Actually pleasently surprised by it. The new guys playing Larry, Moe & Currly are spot on with the imitation..
I agree that it is a lot better that I thought it would be...I was thinking it was a bio-pic, turns out it's just
a long form Stooges reel split into 3-4 "shorts". But while I do think that each of the players has a few of
the main sayings/mannerisms of their stooge down, I think Larry's actor Sean Hayes slips a lot, when he
is good, HE'S FREAKING FANTASTIC, and when he slips, he's so-so.

It's funny to hear the Moe actor say "Spread OUT..."
dijit 12:27 PM 04-30-2012
The Raven, very good flick! Especially for a fan like myself
Blak Smyth 01:35 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Shane, I can recall when my roomate was working a security detail at Destrehan Plantation where they were shooting a
lot of scenes for Interview with the Vampire. He was on overnight security and we took a lot of photos on the set.
If you recall the scene where Brad Pitt flies into Tom Cruise and slams him into a big oak tree and ol Tom just laughs
at him...it was right after he turned him. That tree had been covered with a big batt of foam rubber and painted
to match the bark. We took some photos holding each other up against that tree. I need to find those pics...
The place where they burned down the first house was there, as was that whole scene when he is pondering being fully
turned and after he is turned, but before they moved to the Quarter. (Although the exterior from the first scene of the
film on the levee was filmed upriver at Oak Alley...supposed to be the same house, but it isn't.) Good times, I was sure
a lot younger then.
Sounds pretty awesome Brad, I do know the tree you speak of. I love that movie, better everytime I watch it. Wouldn't mind seeing those pics if you run across them.

Originally Posted by Taki:
Contraband :-)
I just watched that this weekend. I thought it was okay except for the butterflies and rainbows style happy ending.

I watched Four Rooms yesterday, I really enjoyed it.
stevefrench 07:00 PM 04-30-2012
Payback
Bill86 10:31 PM 05-01-2012
Seeking Justice
stevesmoke 10:40 PM 05-01-2012
Young frankenstein
Bill86 03:59 AM 05-02-2012
Trespass, what a pile of sh*t
Hem 05:13 AM 05-02-2012
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol...it was alright
xFreebirdx 05:29 AM 05-02-2012
Haywire will be here today.....I'll let you know what I think. :-)
Blak Smyth 05:36 AM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by xFreebirdx:
Haywire will be here today.....I'll let you know what I think. :-)
I tried to find this on DirectTV and couldn't. I might just wait and buy it on DVD, I am a huge fan of Gina and wouldn't mind owning this one even if it sucks.
xFreebirdx 05:51 AM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I tried to find this on DirectTV and couldn't. I might just wait and buy it on DVD, I am a huge fan of Gina and wouldn't mind owning this one even if it sucks.

I have it coming from Netflix, DVD sales started yesterday.

I also am a huge fan of Gina Carano and a growing fan of Rowdy Ronda Rousey Olympic Judo Medalist. If you haven't seen her yet, youtube her. Shes 6-0 and the champion now. All her wins are with arm bars with a few broken arms. 5 matches never went over 49 seconds with the championship match also ending in the first round......she is the new Bone Collector.
Blak Smyth 06:04 AM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by xFreebirdx:
I have it coming from Netflix, DVD sales started yesterday.

I also am a huge fan of Gina Carano and a growing fan of Rowdy Ronda Rousey Olympic Judo Medalist. If you haven't seen her yet, youtube her. Shes 6-0 and the champion now. All her wins are with arm bars with a few broken arms. 5 matches never went over 49 seconds with the championship match also ending in the first round......she is the new Bone Collector.
Oh yah she was just on TUF, I didn't know who she was before that episode though. She kinda reminds me of Julia Styles!
Skywalker 01:36 PM 05-02-2012
Ali
xFreebirdx 01:41 PM 05-02-2012
I just finished watching Haywire....

The storyline was a little blah, But I really liked it and will watch it again tonight.
I think Carano was believable in the part she played. As far as her acting? Hell it was her first 'real" acting job and like I said. She was believable and made the fight scenes look more real than any other girl that I've seen in fight scenes.

I don't think it was a waste of time. :-)
xFreebirdx 03:05 PM 05-02-2012
PS: The special features on the Haywire DVD were very interesting as well. :-)
Page 349 of 353
« First < 249299339347348349 350351 > Last »
Up