Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 34 of 67
« First < 24323334 353644 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
replicant_argent 09:04 PM 01-25-2009
So... let me postulate here..... If "someone" restricted my pm box suddenly when they thought another member might pm me, that PM would then bounce and be able to be read by that someone. This wouldn't then actually be "reading -anyones- " PMs, now would it? It would be very simple to temporarily restrict 10 or 20 users to see if you can catch some PMs in your Puffer fish net.
replicant_argent 09:09 PM 01-25-2009
No Black Choppers were harmed in the postulation of this caffeine fueled delusion.
hotreds 09:10 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
No Black Choppers were harmed in the postulation of this caffeine fueled delusion.

Well, that's a relief!
Whee 09:24 PM 01-25-2009
Guess I haven't angered anybody yet. My inbox says 500.
Bossman has posted and says he is resetting to 100..:-)
architeuthis 09:32 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
So... let me postulate here..... If "someone" restricted my pm box suddenly when they thought another member might pm me, that PM would then bounce and be able to be read by that someone. This wouldn't then actually be "reading -anyones- " PMs, now would it? It would be very simple to temporarily restrict 10 or 20 users to see if you can catch some PMs in your Puffer fish net.
As far as how vBulletin is set up, the only way a moderator or admin can read your PM's is to switch user id's and log in as you. Yes the owner and admins can do this, but truly do you think they really have the time? The work involved in this changeover they are doing probably keeps them working 20 hour days...
BC-Axeman 09:34 PM 01-25-2009
Who cares anymore, really? Club Stogie is dissolving away there but it is even stronger here.
Puff is OK for what it is and could work out just fine. A motorcycle forum I visit went far more commercial than Puff and I still visit it. Like ads every four posts. They have a store and their own products. Not even very good deals. Some of the mods are in the businesses that advertise.
We should stop bothering Puff and just let them exist.
Club Stogie lives on in spirit.
SeanGAR 09:35 PM 01-25-2009
What is happening over there is really sad ... that is all I can say.
replicant_argent 09:36 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by architeuthis:
As far as how vBulletin is set up, the only way a moderator or admin can read your PM's is to switch user id's and log in as you. Yes the owner and admins can do this, but truly do you think they really have the time? The work involved in this changeover they are doing probably keeps them working 20 hour days...
Nope, Jon said that he is able to read the bounced ones, but it "rarely happens"
BC-Axeman 09:45 PM 01-25-2009
:-):-):-)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=233_1232912190
:-)
Puffers can be fun!
SeanGAR 09:45 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by architeuthis:
I don't think so, looks like a simple hack to me which the site owner/super administrator can easily add.

From the link (date Jan 2009):
This allows a super admin to read the private messages (all folders) from any registered member through the admin control panel.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92815

And I don't think they would read all messages ... maybe just those from "esteemed" members. Whether or not PMs were noticed from bounceback or the hack is unclear. I know where I'd place my bet ....
BC-Axeman 09:48 PM 01-25-2009
Steamed members?
No1der 09:49 PM 01-25-2009
Well, I can tell you for a fact that my PM's were read and since what I was saying privately didn't agree with the new overlord, I had to be put in my place.

For more information regarding how I was "dealt" with I reffer you to my sig.

Cheers,
Rob
Texan in Mexico 10:10 PM 01-25-2009
Wouldn't it be healthy for us to just move on? I also miss Louie and it would be nice to go back to the old days but I really like it here.

Not critizing anyone posting as it is therapeutic to vent but it has been a couple months now that we saw this coming.
Da Klugs 10:11 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Who cares anymore, really? Club Stogie is dissolving away there but it is even stronger here.
Puff is OK for what it is and could work out just fine. A motorcycle forum I visit went far more commercial than Puff and I still visit it. Like ads every four posts. They have a store and their own products. Not even very good deals. Some of the mods are in the businesses that advertise.
We should stop bothering Puff and just let them exist.
Club Stogie lives on in spirit.
Kind of.. no pretty much exactly the way I feel except that it's hard to let go and to not care.

Bottom line is that it has happened. Wars over (don't like the war analogy but need it for the following), it's just "stab the wounded time" at that is always the ugliest part.

Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
Wouldn't it be healthy for us to just move on? I also miss Louie and it would be nice to go back to the old days but I really like it here.

Not critizing anyone posting as it is therapeutic to vent but it has been a couple months now that we saw this coming.
Exactly true. Just dealing with folks that didn't want to believe it till it actually happened reactions now. It'll die down this week by itself or not. (<- nasty mean admin promise/threat)
replicant_argent 10:17 PM 01-25-2009
While my late contributions, via PM, phone, and other contributions there have not been completely positive, I have been attempting some constructive criticisms. It is difficult to push past what can be seen overtly and somewhat behind the scenes there, and I find it difficult more and more to support the changes, yet still hope for some sea change using some firmness at the reins, rather than yanking a painful bit. I find it odd that most of my real and useful contributions to the CS community are not actually in posts recently. (Not that my content has been cigar-centric or even useful most of the time anyway. :-) )
No1der 10:18 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Exactly true. Just dealing with folks that didn't want to believe it till it actually happened reactions now. It'll die down this week by itself or not. (<- nasty mean admin promise/threat)
Well, actually I just found out about this a couple of days ago as the past 2 months or so have been very very difficult for me and my family so I haven't been on any cigar forums.

In other words, I went to logue into CS a couple of days ago and found a completely different website in it's place. So it was a bit of a shock. Then I got treated like $h!t over there and finally banned for absolutely no reason.

So that's my reason for fuming atm.

Cheers,
Rob
Andyman 10:25 PM 01-25-2009
Huh?? Does this ring a bell? This is a post that you put on the other site. Either you don't know why you got banned? or you expected to get banned which of the two is it?
JKim 10:29 PM 01-25-2009
Hey Rob..

You happened to log back in at an Emotional and frustrating time for some. Posting that 'this place sucks and I don't want to be a part of it' was probably taken by whoever banned you as not wanting to be there anymore.

I imagine that you got caught in a frenzy. Someone opened the door, showed you out, and slammed it...

It's unfortunate because the last week or so has not been pleasant on the boards.

Not trying to start anything here, or say what was done was right or wrong, but just adding a different perspective.
Da Klugs 10:33 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Andyman:
Huh?? Does this ring a bell? This is a post that you put on the other site. Either you don't know why you got banned? or you expected to get banned which of the two is it?
Like I said.. stabbing the wounded time. No one is 100% right or wrong just that it is time to tone down the rhetoric... except on Cremosas.. they still suck. Oh and Nubs as well. :-) Common lore across the divide.

We are still allowed to say cigars suck here. :-)
No1der 10:41 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Andyman:
Yes, it does ring a bell and both statements are true. The first quote is reffering to how b&-hammer happy and all around paranoid the Admins were being on that site and that I was surprised that I wasn't banned for stating the obvious. Never Goatsed the place but if I was going to get banned it would have been worth it.

As my ban message clearly states "You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

So yeah, I don't know why I was banned. I didn't break any of the rules and I wasn't Goatseing the place. Just answering a question that someone asked that I understood to mean that they wanted to get banned. So I told them how to do it, didn't actually do anything myself.

See, both of my statements are 100% accurate.

Even puff can't give a reason for my ban so if they don't know why I was b& how am I supposed to know the reason?

Cheers,
Rob

Originally Posted by JKim:
Hey Rob..

You happened to log back in at an Emotional and frustrating time for some. Posting that 'this place sucks and I don't want to be a part of it' was probably taken by whoever banned you as not wanting to be there anymore.

I imagine that you got caught in a frenzy. Someone opened the door, showed you out, and slammed it...

It's unfortunate because the last week or so has not been pleasant on the boards.

Not trying to start anything here, or say what was done was right or wrong, but just adding a different perspective.
I don't think you're trying to stir anything up. In fact, I'm one of the many that got emotional and frustrated but I didn't pull the trigger and spam the place with Goatse.

Simply stated my thoughts on the new site and that is in no way against any of the rules...

It's all good, I may just get behind 7 proxies and have a little fun with ol' puff. I mean if I'm going to do the time I should probably retroactively do the crime.

Probably won't though because I really don't care enough. I've just got a mean side but it very seldome takes controll and I've got better things to do with my time.

Cheers,
Rob
Page 34 of 67
« First < 24323334 353644 > Last »
Up