Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 34 of 350
« First < 24323334 35364484134 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Genetic Defect 02:42 PM 12-18-2008
It was Sprite and Sprite Zero wanted to make sure Im not unknowingly taking caffiene
Mugen910 02:46 PM 12-18-2008
Why are you cutting out the caffeine, Perry?
Genetic Defect 02:51 PM 12-18-2008
I googled caffiene and weight loss and looks like it doesn't do much to help.
BigFrank 04:34 PM 12-18-2008
Assistance work tonight, nothing special. had to rush my workout, GF locked her keys in car...

Article for you Tom. http://www.elitefts.com/articles/spo...ng/default.asp
Mugen910 09:17 PM 12-18-2008
40 min jog tonight on the treadmill. Inner thighs still sore from squats and lunges the night before.

Back and Shoulders tomorrow..Yaay!!!
BigFrank 04:46 PM 12-19-2008
Squats
415x5 - 455x3 - 495x5(PR)
Leg Press
8 PLates x20x3
Calf Raises
Abs

Felt good today in the gym. Squats are improving big time. Been working on my technique a lot and it has helped.
Mugen910 04:22 PM 12-20-2008
60min jog today..Threw some chemicals into the body and feelin' good!

Thanks for the regiment BigFrank...It's great to get to the gym and know what to do. :-)
Chris. 04:24 PM 12-20-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Hope it heals Chris...pulled ab muscles suck!

inner thighs a bit sore from last nights leg workout but I like it! :-)

Took the horse pills in the AM and got another 3mile run tonite. :-)
thanks a lot man! It doesn't hurt at all anymore. I'm not really sure what the problem was. Had a good day in the gym today.

good mornings 3x10x50
bench 4x6x135
leg press(not sure of the weight of the machine before adding plates) 4x6x180
Forgot the name of the excercise, but you bend over and grab a barbell and shrug it while remaining in a bent position(with bent knees as well). 4x10x95
Seated dumb bell press 4x6x45
(I want to call these ticep kickbacks, but that can't be the name)4x6x25
and a little over a mile on a bicycle to warm up and get my heart rate going. Was gonna do squats also, but I finished my workout with the leg press and I was getting really light headed, so I quit for the day.
Mugen910 01:48 AM 12-22-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
I googled caffiene and weight loss and looks like it doesn't do much to help.
Cutting out complex carbs work I heard..like soda or white sugars (non natural)

I usually replace my coffee now with natural sugar or just drink it stronger.
The Professor 04:46 AM 12-22-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Squats
415x5 - 455x3 - 495x5(PR)
Leg Press
8 PLates x20x3
Calf Raises
Abs

Felt good today in the gym. Squats are improving big time. Been working on my technique a lot and it has helped.
Damn, Frank ... really living up to your name, aren't ya. :-) :-)

Off to the gym in a few myself. It's been over a week since I've lifted and even my cardio has been intermittent from gym closures. :-)
BigFrank 03:58 PM 12-22-2008
Cutting out complex carbs work I heard..like soda or white sugars (non natural)

I usually replace my coffee now with natural sugar or just drink it stronger.
I think ya mean simple sugars. If ya going to drink coffee id drink it like a man, black and piss warm. :-)
BigFrank 04:01 PM 12-22-2008
Bench
370x5 - 385x1 - 385x6 ( I miss counted my weights today so, my rep scheme was jacked )
Incline - 315 x 5 x 2 315 x 9
Dips BW - 20,15,15
Kaz DB Presses - 45's x10x3
Mindless Jogging 10 minutes
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Damn, Frank ... really living up to your name, aren't ya. :-) :-)

Off to the gym in a few myself. It's been over a week since I've lifted and even my cardio has been intermittent from gym closures. :-)
Sorry to hear that Prof. I need a gym that is open 24 hrs a day. My gym has the worst hours. It opens Super early 4am? But then again some dumb chick is running the joint. New cardio equipment every god damn week, and only 1 power rack. Which isnt even bolted to the floor.
Mugen910 10:50 PM 12-22-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I think ya mean simple sugars. If ya going to drink coffee id drink it like a man, black and piss warm. :-)
I tried man...but the acidity level is to much for my girly taste buds. Little bit of sugar and cream for me.

Biceps, Triceps and Chest today..super sets :-)

some day I'll start keep track of my weights but for now just working out consistently is key. :-)
The Professor 08:51 AM 12-23-2008
Did upper body (lats, chest, tris, and shoulder rehabs) for the first time in a long time today ... basically first time since I acknowledged my shoulder was hurt. It's still bothering me and I really should go to the doctor. It's so odd because I can do lat pulldowns, no problemo. Wasn't as heavy as I was 2 months ago; but not far off and I was being cautious. I couldn't do incline bench press. Tried with just the bar and it hurt. On flat, though, I was able to lift around things. I got into an arched powerlift position, squeezed my shoulder blades together, and really focused on letting the lats take the weight on the down-motion. I used the real bench rather than the smith so that I could have a more natural movement. It helped. Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery now; but I still need to go see a doc and possibly get an MRI. Something is not right in there.
Mugen910 08:57 AM 12-23-2008
Did upper body (lats, chest, tris, and shoulder rehabs) for the first time in a long time today ... basically first time since I acknowledged my shoulder was hurt. It's still bothering me and I really should go to the doctor. It's so odd because I can do lat pulldowns, no problemo. Wasn't as heavy as I was 2 months ago; but not far off and I was being cautious. I couldn't do incline bench press. Tried with just the bar and it hurt. On flat, though, I was able to lift around things. I got into an arched powerlift position, squeezed my shoulder blades together, and really focused on letting the lats take the weight on the down-motion. I used the real bench rather than the smith so that I could have a more natural movement. It helped. Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery now; but I still need to go see a doc and possibly get an MRI. Something is not right in there.
Sorry to hear Dokk. I went through the same thing a few months ago in the summer...Could do pull downs but no pushing. I wish I got it checked up but I'm to stubborn to do such a smart thing.
The Professor 08:58 AM 12-23-2008
Sorry to hear Dokk. I went through the same thing a few months ago in the summer...Could do pull downs but no pushing. I wish I got it checked up but I'm to stubborn to do such a smart thing.
As of yet, so have I. And really, I don't want to get it looked at because that's important for my health blah blah blah. The only reason I'm really thinking about going in is because I can't lift how I want to because of the damn pain. :-)
Mugen910 09:04 AM 12-23-2008
As of yet, so have I. And really, I don't want to get it looked at because that's important for my health blah blah blah. The only reason I'm really thinking about going in is because I can't lift how I want to because of the damn pain. :-)
For me it was never to a point of pure pain with bench presses. I was able to lift a decent amount but once I overstepped my pain threshold I had to step back. I just figured I was trying to do to much to soon.
icehog3 10:56 AM 12-23-2008
Be careful about changing your natural form to compensate for an injury, Dokk, you often make matters worse. I hope that you can figure out the root of the problem, Brother.
The Professor 11:58 AM 12-23-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Be careful about changing your natural form to compensate for an injury, Dokk, you often make matters worse. I hope that you can figure out the root of the problem, Brother.
True dat, Admiral. This felt "right" though. :-)
BigFrank 01:49 PM 12-23-2008
You think it might be a rotator cuff issue?
Page 34 of 350
« First < 24323334 35364484134 > Last »
Up