Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 34 of 69
« First < 24323334 353644 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
Col. Kurtz 03:56 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by OnePyroTec:
I picked that one (Baby's Bottom) up on a whim and as expensive order filler...too bad the other tins I really wanted were already sold so this was the order that day.

I'm not sure when I would be opening the tin Rev...unless you & the Col. want to do another dueling reviews on it. Maybe even make an event out of it and 5-6 people give it a whirl???
I'm not expert enough to know what I'm tasting, as evidenced by our opposing reviews. However, I'm all for seeing a dueling Pyro/ReView on this one. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:04 PM 03-04-2014
I picked that one (Baby's Bottom) up on a whim and as expensive order filler...too bad the other tins I really wanted were already sold so this was the order that day.

I'm not sure when I would be opening the tin Rev...unless you & the Col. want to do another dueling reviews on it. Maybe even make an event out of it and 5-6 people give it a whirl???
Hey, you're the one with the tin. You open it when you want to smoke it - you review it.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:37 PM 03-05-2014
New pipe from Boswell's arrived today. It's a rusticated shot-shell poker. I bought this sight unseen after Dan described it to me over the phone. I absolutely love this pipe.

[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:28 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by stevieray:
New pipe from Boswell's arrived today. It's a rusticated shot-shell poker. I bought this sight unseen after Dan described it to me over the phone. I absolutely love this pipe.

Nice looking pipe. How does it smoke?
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 03:18 AM 03-07-2014
RE: Baby's Bottom tin, OK, one of these days I'll get around to popping the top.

I won't be making too many purchases this year tobacco wise because I come to realize I have a LOT of tobacco sitting here waiting to burn in small, slow, fires. I did however get a box with 10 blocks of Algerian Briar that were cut in the 50's. They feel a bit heavier than the blocks I have purchased in the past.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:22 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Nice looking pipe. How does it smoke?
Smokes great Rev. Better than my Peterson and Savinelli pipes that's for sure. Pretty new to pipes so I can't exactly explain why though.
[Reply]
DMK 06:49 PM 03-07-2014
I'll send you some samples if you want some. I have 6 out of the current 7. NO Meat Pie...I gave that one away.
Arrived today. Thanks:-)
They smell delicious, can't wait for a nice day to sit outside & try them:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:52 PM 03-07-2014
Last pipe for a while (I think) came in today. Scott Hudson rusticated poker.

[Reply]
gravel 09:25 PM 03-07-2014
I purchased some 4Noggins blends: 4oz each of Prairie Wind, Imagine, Mojo
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 12:07 AM 03-08-2014
RE: Baby's Bottom tin, OK, one of these days I'll get around to popping the top.

I won't be making too many purchases this year tobacco wise because I come to realize I have a LOT of tobacco sitting here waiting to burn in small, slow, fires. I did however get a box with 10 blocks of Algerian Briar that were cut in the 50's. They feel a bit heavier than the blocks I have purchased in the past.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:14 PM 03-14-2014
My infatuation with pokers continues with this Jake Hackert that arrived today.

[Reply]
stevieray 04:24 PM 03-22-2014
Was able to grab another pipe from Jake Hackert this week. Love his pipes, such great smokers.

[Reply]
OnePyroTec 12:32 PM 03-26-2014

The Nightcap is dated Feb. 1997 when purchased so I'm guessing it was tinned in 1996 at latest.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 09:09 PM 03-31-2014
Picked up a Kaywoodie billiard estate pipe.

[Reply]
OnePyroTec 01:08 PM 04-01-2014
TAD struck again with a couple bags of And So To Bed.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 02:21 PM 05-20-2014
I picked up this NOS MM General from ebay last week. The bowl is the same size as the current production model but the stem is quite a bit longer. Image
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:35 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by stevieray:

That's a cool pipe, man!

I like those Hackerts up there too. When I used to make youtube videos about pipes, one of my friends on there was big on his pipes, would have been back in 08 or 09 :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:36 PM 06-03-2014

The Nightcap is dated Feb. 1997 when purchased so I'm guessing it was tinned in 1996 at latest.
Great find! I have some Murray's tinned EMP and it's really really good. I won't say better, but definitely different from the more recently done stuff
[Reply]
CRIMPS 12:04 PM 06-05-2014
I am thoroughly enjoying pipe smoking. Hotreds sent me a pipe and some tobacco. I bought this and have another pipe on the way.

Down the slope, I go.
[Reply]
baust55 12:08 PM 06-05-2014
20 of those little rubber mouth piece protectors from china on ebay about ten cents apiece .

Austin
[Reply]
Page 34 of 69
« First < 24323334 353644 > Last »
Up