Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 336 of 352
« First < 236286326334335336 337338346 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Gabe215 05:08 PM 04-23-2014
Wow!!! I got a chubby from that pic Tony!! Thing is sick!!! What is it? I saw 223 cal and can't make anything else on it!
issues 06:54 PM 04-23-2014
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
Wow!!! I got a chubby from that pic Tony!! Thing is sick!!! What is it? I saw 223 cal and can't make anything else on it!
IWI Tavor or SAR-21 bullpup.

Just finished putting 100 rounds through it and she performed perfectly!!!
s0leful0ne 11:21 AM 04-25-2014
I put 10 through it and I agree!
theonlybear4CORT 07:51 PM 05-12-2014
299.99 psa upper with bcg
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html
Lockspur 08:56 AM 05-22-2014
Finally picked up a CZ. Always been wanting one after shooting a buddy's Tangfoglio a while back. That, and I don't have any DA/SA pistols.

CZ P-09 Duty by lockspur74, on Flickr

Went to the range and put about 300 rounds through it. Flawless function. Sights are meh, but I'm going to put more rounds through it before making up my mind on what to do.
8zeros 09:41 AM 05-22-2014
Does anyone else have a problem with pistols that if you're shooting one you haven't practiced with you can't hit anything with it?
I have to practice a heck of a lot to get on target. Then I loose it quickly if I don't practice. I can only hit with a gun I practice with.
I can pick up any rifle and within a couple of shots I can produce tight groups every time.
Lockspur 12:26 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by 8zeros:
Does anyone else have a problem with pistols that if you're shooting one you haven't practiced with you can't hit anything with it?
I have to practice a heck of a lot to get on target. Then I loose it quickly if I don't practice. I can only hit with a gun I practice with.
I can pick up any rifle and within a couple of shots I can produce tight groups every time.
Generally it takes me a couple of magazines on a new gun to get a feel for it. However, I dry-fire the tar out of it before I go to the range so I can get familiar with the ergos and controls. I also dry-fire if I'm at the range and someone offers me trigger time with their piece. This way if it has a 3# trigger with minimal reset, I don't pop a "controlled pair" on accident.
Brian D. 01:59 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by 8zeros:
For me it's noticeable if I switch from say a 1911 or Browning Hi Power to a Glock. Not so much because of trigger management, but becasue the grip angles are very different. So the Glock will piont high for me until some trigger time is had.

By contrast I sense almost no shooting difference between the 1911 and Hi Power. Although the "crispier" trigger of a 1911 allows me to do better at longer range slow fire.
8zeros 08:41 AM 05-24-2014
It's any handgun for me. 1911, T-C, Glock, revolvers, pocket pistols...
If I practice a lot I get pretty good, on that one gun. Stop practicing and I loose it quick. When ammo was cheaper it was not much of a problem for me with my own collection.
Some revolvers in single action are so accurate and easy to shoot that it's hard to miss with them. I shot a 9" Dan Wesson .454 that was like that. Helluva kick but shot right where you thought it would.
MurphysLaw 06:42 PM 05-27-2014
Does anyone here pocket carry a J frame with a two inch barrel? Looking for suggestions for a pocket holster. My grandad decided he didn't want a gun around the house and gave me a never fired Taurus 85 ultralight. Thinking it might be a decent summertime carry weapon when I just want to toss something in the front pocket of a pair of shorts and go.
TXSmokey 07:38 PM 05-27-2014
Originally Posted by issues:
Here's my newest baby. Going to take her to the range for the first time this evening.

Still need to pick up an RDS and magnifier.
:-)
issues 08:19 AM 05-28-2014
Originally Posted by TXSmokey:
:-)
Glad you like her! I picked up a sight for her and a new port cover so she is getting there. Still need a sling, perhaps a flip to side magnifier and maybe a little paint. :-)

I also have to pick up her sister on Friday. Something very new, different and of course, very lefty friendly! :-)
issues 03:11 PM 05-30-2014
Just picked up a sister for the Tavor.

This is the ARX100. Beretta's third generation battle rifle. Light, multicaliber, adjustable and folding stock, tool less construction, truly ambidextrous right out of the box, quick change ejection and charging handle, barrel comes out in seconds without tools and IMO, kind of sexy! I will be changing her out to a 300 AAC Blackout barrel as soon as possible.
Remo 05:29 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Does anyone here pocket carry a J frame with a two inch barrel? Looking for suggestions for a pocket holster. My grandad decided he didn't want a gun around the house and gave me a never fired Taurus 85 ultralight. Thinking it might be a decent summertime carry weapon when I just want to toss something in the front pocket of a pair of shorts and go.
I used to carry my S&W .38 Airweight in my pocket, grab a small neoprene holster to hide the imprint :-)
MurphysLaw 08:04 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
I used to carry my S&W .38 Airweight in my pocket, grab a small neoprene holster to hide the imprint :-)
I snagged a desantis superfly pocket holster for pretty cheap. Gonna give that a try. I think I tossed a fobus paddle holster when I moved that I had for my old Taurus .357 snubbie, wish I had kept it, would've made a nice vehicle holster.
Ashcan Bill 11:30 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
I often pocket carry a 2" J frame. I prefer a Mika pocket holster. Robert Mika custom makes each one, and generally calls you if you place an order just to double check what you want.

mika holsters
MurphysLaw 07:34 AM 05-31-2014
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
I often pocket carry a 2" J frame. I prefer a Mika pocket holster. Robert Mika custom makes each one, and generally calls you if you place an order just to double check what you want.

mika holsters
Looks pretty nice, I'll drop him a line :-)
Steve 02:08 PM 06-10-2014
Boom...

Remo 02:11 PM 06-10-2014
That's cool!
dijit 02:14 PM 06-10-2014
Finally after months of delays on my part due to health reasons my AR or most of it is on the way! all I need to do is get the lower and assemble it. :-)
Page 336 of 352
« First < 236286326334335336 337338346 > Last »
Up