Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 331 of 352
« First < 231281321329330331 332333341 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Lockspur 12:10 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by s0leful0ne:
BOGO!

Unfortunately, the scorpion is plagued with FTFs :-) even after cleanings it gets to about 50 rounds then starts failing. But when it fires, it is an awe inspiring firearm I must say.
Have you tried any other mags?
Remo 12:13 PM 03-03-2014
BOGO!

But when it fires,.
Does not inspire confidence, would never carry a 1911 to defend my life...just my .02
s0leful0ne 12:43 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
Have you tried any other mags?
Yup picked up some chip mccormicks and still having the issue. :-)
Lockspur 01:22 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Does not inspire confidence, would never carry a 1911 to defend my life...just my .02
I have. And do. :-)

I would contact Sig and see what they say. Just make sure you've done at least 500 rounds for the break-in period.
Remo 02:41 PM 03-03-2014
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
I have. And do. :-)

I would contact Sig and see what they say. Just make sure you've done at least 500 rounds for the break-in period.
I would own one for fun, range and what not but that's all for me.
TJarv 06:12 PM 03-03-2014
I've got the same Sig and have never had an issue. Ive sent a couple guns back to them with no questions asked, so a call to them might be worth it
s0leful0ne 11:40 AM 03-04-2014
Thanks everyone. Called them this morning will pack and ship tonight
357 02:02 PM 03-04-2014
Thanks everyone. Called them this morning will pack and ship tonight
Glad they're going to take care of it for you. I hope they at least polish the feed ramp and check your mag(s) in other guns to rule them out. Bad mags or mag springs are the most common cause of FTF. Were you using ball ammo (FMJ) or something else?

I have to disagree Mike. I carry one. The 1911 was the standard US issue sidearm for all branches of the military for over 70 years. The testing done on it before it was adopted was substantial. I love the narrow frame due to the single-stack design. It makes carry a lot more comfy than many modern double-stack mag designs IMO. Plus modern reworking of the original 7 round mag gets you an 8 round mag, +1 in the chamber nets 9 rounds of .45 ACP. Plus, they feel so natural in my hand. I'm a huge 1911 fan.
Lockspur 10:44 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by 357:

I have to disagree Mike. I carry one. The 1911 was the standard US issue sidearm for all branches of the military for over 70 years. The testing done on it before it was adopted was substantial. I love the narrow frame due to the single-stack design. It makes carry a lot more comfy than many modern double-stack mag designs IMO. Plus modern reworking of the original 7 round mag gets you an 8 round mag, +1 in the chamber nets 9 rounds of .45 ACP. Plus, they feel so natural in my hand. I'm a huge 1911 fan.
:-)

:-)
s0leful0ne 11:32 PM 03-05-2014
Glad they're going to take care of it for you. I hope they at least polish the feed ramp and check your mag(s) in other guns to rule them out. Bad mags or mag springs are the most common cause of FTF. Were you using ball ammo (FMJ) or something else?

I've used 5 different types of FMJ ammo, today got a jam after 30 rounds on a freshly cleaned pistol. :-) My mags work fine on other 1911s (tested on a Sig Spartan 1911)

I do love the way the 1911 shoots, too big for me to conceal (chubby kid + slim jeans) but i have the HK for that anyway :-)
cigarmonkel 07:18 AM 03-06-2014
Just a heads up if anyone needs reloading equipment, Natchez is having a pretty good sale.http://www.natchezss.com/

looks like the big savings are in the tools/presses ect so if anyone needs a new set up I would check it out
Remo 09:30 AM 03-06-2014

I do like them and think they are very sexy, I have just seen way to many not go BANG when they should! And these are from very expensive guns that guys carry on duty…makes me not want to go on calls with them in case of a shootout and they are trying to get their gun in the game….again, my observations and .02 is all.
MurphysLaw 04:47 PM 03-06-2014
Finally got all the gear I ordered for my HK in today :-) I now have 3 options for magazines, the standard 10 round with finger extension, a 10 round with a flat baseplate, and a 13 round USP-C mag with the Xgrip adapter. The light is a TLR-3, and the custom Kydex rig is from Zero Concealment. They advertise a 30 day wait, mine was about half that. Not too many holster places with decent wait times have the mold for the P2000SK, especially ones with the option of a bunch of prints and colors. I wanted something a little different since this will be my main CCW weapon.

Remo 04:49 PM 03-06-2014
Looks good Murph :-)
s0leful0ne 09:51 PM 03-06-2014
oh man...now i want to do some shopping...
357 02:50 PM 03-07-2014
I do like them and think they are very sexy, I have just seen way to many not go BANG when they should! And these are from very expensive guns that guys carry on duty…makes me not want to go on calls with them in case of a shootout and they are trying to get their gun in the game….again, my observations and .02 is all.
I gotcha. I don't dislike other guns I just have a love for 1911s. Unfortunately a lot of people customize 1911s thinking they can do adequate gunsmithing at themselves. "Trigger jobs" are one of the biggest offenders, even when done by professional gunsmiths.

Anywho, what matters is that you're comfortable with what you carry and proficient with it. Wish we could do more shoot-n-herfs. I try to get one together every year since there's a free range on state land near me. However, it's tough to get people to make the drive as I'm somewhat out in the sticks.

Here's a shot of a couple inmates at said range
MurphysLaw 05:46 PM 03-07-2014
oh man...now i want to do some shopping...
Top Gun Supply has the mags and accessories in stock and prices are a little better than hkparts...just sayin'
Brian D. 07:29 AM 03-08-2014
Wish we could do more shoot-n-herfs. I try to get one together every year since there's a free range on state land near me. However, it's tough to get people to make the drive as I'm somewhat out in the sticks.

Here's a shot of a couple inmates at said range
Our pal elderboy02 did such an event last year, and is planning another in the summer. He sent me a Facebook invite thingy on it, guess he won't mind me mentioning it here.
markem 09:05 AM 03-08-2014
This may have already been posted here, but I'm an irregular in this thread, so there it is, possibly again:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/these-weap...ool-1538693310

Weapons with cutaways as art. Seriously cool.
Remo 01:42 PM 03-08-2014
Pretty cool Mark :-)

And Metamucil should help with the irregularity issue :-)
Page 331 of 352
« First < 231281321329330331 332333341 > Last »
Up