Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 33 of 62
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
General Discussion>(Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread
issues 10:13 AM 08-21-2012
Excellent Idea, good luck choosing which one you're going to take. :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:19 AM 09-02-2012
Going thru my dresser, sorting clothes for an upcoming trip, I ran across these I had hidden away in the past:

A small Buck assisted opener

My favorite knife as a teen (not my original), Case XX Sod Buster, Jr. And I do own the regular Sod Buster
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:24 AM 09-02-2012
And one my wife had to hunt down for me. A folder made for backpacking. The Buck Revolution:

That's a carabiner made as part of the blade, for clipping onto backpack loop for quick, easy access

Here it is opened halfway

Open all the way and locked. Push button is the lock and unlock, Not assisted opening

[Reply]
newcigarz 01:20 PM 09-12-2012
Not a knife, but picked this up from burchtree bladeworks.

[Reply]
emopunker2004 03:15 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by newcigarz:

That's cool. Microtech makes something similar too i think.
[Reply]
363 07:49 AM 09-13-2012
Woots offer today
Kershaw Vapor III Folding Knife
Just thought I'd share
[Reply]
issues 08:16 AM 09-18-2012
Finally received one of the customs I had ordered.

This thing is built like a tank!!!
[Reply]
kickerb 08:36 AM 09-18-2012
Very nice, Tony. Interesting blade shape you chose.
[Reply]
issues 09:00 AM 09-18-2012
Thanks Bryan! The blade shape is a modified or tactical Wharncliffe.

Originally Posted by newcigarz:

BTW, I am totally jealous of that snakebite bottle opener!

I want a Burchtree blade so bad but I'm sure it is well outside of my price range. I was in a lottery for a chance to buy a lefty mid-tech he had made but I didn't win and really didn't have the funds to pay for it if I had...lol
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:10 AM 09-20-2012
Woot Kershaw great deal today for $9.99:

I just ordered one!
[Reply]
issues 07:21 AM 09-20-2012
Nice pickup Shane!!! :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:22 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by issues:
Nice pickup Shane!!! :-)
Digs has one and I was playing with it just the other night. I love the assisted mechanism, works great.
[Reply]
issues 07:44 AM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Digs has one and I was playing with it just the other night. I love the assisted mechanism, works great.
Kershaw makes a damn good knife especially when you are looking for a nice open-assist at a great price...

And with their warranty you really can't go wrong!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:46 AM 09-20-2012
Kershaw makes a damn good knife especially when you are looking for a nice open-assist at a great price...

Agreed, I am thinking this will be my carry but it is pretty big so we will see.

Not sure if I ever posted this before but I found a picture of a Gerber Mark II that is almost identical to my fathers knife I have.
from what I can find it was produced in '77 and it has a custom leather sheath the same as this pic:
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:16 PM 09-20-2012

Ditto on the warranty. My son sent one back 5 years or more after purchase. No paperwork remained. A new knife arrived within 10 days.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:34 PM 09-20-2012
Traded out my Strider SMF for a Large Sebenza, pretty nice knife. Not the 'pinnacle of knifedom' and certainly not an XM-18 but still a pretty impressive knife. Can't agreed with the price tag though. They definitely need to come down about $75-$100 before I could consider it reasonable.
[Reply]
issues 12:41 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Traded out my Strider SMF for a Large Sebenza, pretty nice knife. Not the 'pinnacle of knifedom' and certainly not an XM-18 but still a pretty impressive knife. Can't agreed with the price tag though. They definitely need to come down about $75-$100 before I could consider it reasonable.
While CRK is one of the few companies out there willing to make lefties, I just haven't been attracted to the Sebenza and while I love the blade on the Umnumzaan, I'm not thrilled with the handle profile or the price tag.

That is kind of why I started getting rid of my production knives and started ordering customs. Lovin' the knife I am EDCing now. Sure the price was a little on the high side but it is exactly what I wanted, built like a tank and a true lefty.
[Reply]
Digs 12:44 PM 09-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Woot Kershaw great deal today for $9.99:

I just ordered one!
Wow thats insane! Did they have $20 dollars worth of shipping lol
[Reply]
Bill86 12:50 PM 09-20-2012
While CRK is one of the few companies out there willing to make lefties, I just haven't been attracted to the Sebenza and while I love the blade on the Umnumzaan, I'm not thrilled with the handle profile or the price tag.

That is kind of why I started getting rid of my production knives and started ordering customs. Lovin' the knife I am EDCing now. Sure the price was a little on the high side but it is exactly what I wanted, built like a tank and a true lefty.
Yeah if you're a lefty it is awfully hard to get a quality knife. The Sebenza is a good slicer, the knife lock up is amongst the best I've seen. The opening is pretty damn smooth but I expected better on that. Yeah the handle on the Umumzaan or whatever it's called turned me off.

Unfortunately the price tag on the CRK's is definitely way overpriced. The Sebenza would be a great knife at ~$300, at $410 it's just another good knife. I was underwhelmed, same with the Strider. They are REALLY simple knives, I can't see the justification for their price tags at all. I've owned 2/3 and held all 3....the XM-18 is the only one worth it's price tag. Even then I find that there is no perfect knife no matter how much you spend or what you buy.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 12:52 PM 09-20-2012
I don't want to go off topic here. Where can I get a good sharpening stone? for a blade with out teeth?
[Reply]
Page 33 of 62
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
Up