Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 33 of 99
« First < 23313233 34354383 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
ambientboy 12:55 PM 08-10-2010
I wouldn't really say I'm a collector, but I have several: a couple Swiss Army (which seem to be indestructible) and this Citizen Eco Drive Skyhawk A-T which is my everyday watch which I love.

[Reply]
s15driftking 07:49 PM 08-11-2010
the family

[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:53 PM 08-11-2010
FAKES!!!!! :-) Just messing around.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:12 PM 08-11-2010
I don't remember if I posted this here or not, but I got an Orient Mako (pepsi) back in May

I've worn it almost every day since, it's a great watch, especially for $95
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:33 AM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I don't remember if I posted this here or not, but I got an Orient Mako (pepsi) back in May

I've worn it almost every day since, it's a great watch, especially for $95
Orient does make some great watches for the money. I have 2 dress watches that I wear often. :-)
[Reply]
larryinlc 01:42 PM 08-12-2010
My current favorite. Made by RGM Watch Co in Lancaster PA. Fashioned after the original Hamilton deck watch. 17 jewel manual wind. Just under 40mm dia and it keeps perfect time.

Larry

[Reply]
Wolfgang 03:18 PM 08-12-2010
I pulled the trigger on the Seiko today. It worked out being cheaper than the online prices minus shipping. Pics to come later
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:07 PM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
My current favorite. Made by RGM Watch Co in Lancaster PA. Fashioned after the original Hamilton deck watch. 17 jewel manual wind. Just under 40mm dia and it keeps perfect time.

Larry

Very nice. RGM's are cool watches for the real horologist. Your model reminds me of some Chronoswiss. Is it a display back?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 04:48 AM 08-13-2010
was at the Shops at La Cantera in San Antonio showing my parents and sister around who are in town visiting me and pulled the trigger on a brown Tag Heuer Carrera in Torneau. Will try and post up pics when I get some down time in between work and entertaining the familia.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:51 AM 08-13-2010
There is a new Cohiba (red dot) watch on the market in the US

http://www.luxist.com/2010/08/10/tim...-meets-cohiba/
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:19 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
was at the Shops at La Cantera in San Antonio showing my parents and sister around who are in town visiting me and pulled the trigger on a brown Tag Heuer Carrera in Torneau. Will try and post up pics when I get some down time in between work and entertaining the familia.
Hope you got a good deal. National retailers can be much more expensive than on-line stores. I'm not talking about grey/black market shops, but authorized dealers sell a lot on-line now also.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:29 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
There is a new Cohiba (red dot) watch on the market in the US

http://www.luxist.com/2010/08/10/tim...-meets-cohiba/
Heard Gurkha is coming out with Micro Batch watch collection...
[Reply]
Darrell 11:36 AM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by ambientboy:
I wouldn't really say I'm a collector, but I have several: a couple Swiss Army (which seem to be indestructible) and this Citizen Eco Drive Skyhawk A-T which is my everyday watch which I love.

I like that. :-)
[Reply]
JaKaacH 11:49 AM 08-13-2010

Larry

I love that watch..:-)

K.I.S.S.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 04:50 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Hope you got a good deal. National retailers can be much more expensive than on-line stores. I'm not talking about grey/black market shops, but authorized dealers sell a lot on-line now also.

Well I am sure I overpaid a little bit but I wanted to be able to try watches on and see which one really caught my eye. Plus, spending all that money I wanted to talk to an actual person as well as getting a warranty plan.
[Reply]
warren G. 09:08 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Very nice. RGM's are cool watches for the real horologist. Your model reminds me of some Chronoswiss. Is it a display back?
My exact thoughts. Gotta love Murphy...his custom works are amazing.
[Reply]
larryinlc 09:18 PM 08-13-2010
No display back, but RGM being who they are, it was an option. Also, it could have been purchased with a standard bezel.

Larry
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:07 AM 08-14-2010
No display back, but RGM being who they are, it was an option. Also, it could have been purchased with a standard bezel.

Larry
I suppose you should be able to put a DB on any time you want. Have you seen the movement in person? Most never get to see their movement at all.
[Reply]
larryinlc 11:10 AM 08-14-2010
I suppose you should be able to put a DB on any time you want. Have you seen the movement in person? Most never get to see their movement at all.
I don't know what I was thinking. The watch is 21j not 17j. It's an SO 7001RM Swiss movement, finished with Geneva stripes and blued screws. The movement is based on a Peseux 7001. I have not seen it in person but I have seen a photo of it. Very nice.

Larry
[Reply]
JaKaacH 06:55 PM 08-15-2010
This slope is as bad as the cigar slope. :-) me
I sold and traded a few in the want to sell forum. BUT now look what I pulled the trigger on yesterday.

[Reply]
Page 33 of 99
« First < 23313233 34354383 > Last »
Up