Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 33 of 78
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
Sports>Official MMA Thread
kayaker 08:21 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
Here is the Silva fight if anyone didn't see it:

http://www.myvideofight.com/UFC/Silva-vs-Griffin-Video
Thanks. I can't get enough of watching that.:-)

So...Anderson is the most accurate striker in the UFC and last night they indicated BJ is 3rd on that list. Who is #2?
[Reply]
kayaker 08:23 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Let's just say that I'm glad I didn't pay for this card.
I paid for it and was quite happy. To each their own I guess.:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 09:00 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Let's just say that I'm glad I didn't pay for this card.
me too.

Silva wonders why people boo him, but cheer him also. He is incredibly talented no doubt, but his "showboating" makes him look like an a-hole just as much as it makes his opponents look like scrubs in his presence.

Personally I love Silva, i'd say he's the best in the world hands down. I find his showboating amusing, but i also kind of hope one day he gets caught doing it and ktfo :-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 10:12 AM 08-09-2009
I want Silva back at middleweight. He looks overweight at 205. What's the deal with Okami? He is ranked as one of the top middleweights in the world, he deserves a title shot. I also want to see Silva vs Maia to see how Silva handles a Abu Dhabi champion.

Yeah I just looked up Roy Jones Jr's age and that would be a joke if they fought. Silva vs Mayweather than. That guy is a punk and is always talking trash on mma fighters.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:58 AM 08-09-2009
I'm still a bit stunned at how humiliating Silva's victory was...It was like watching someone fight Zeus. lol
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:20 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
I'm still a bit stunned at how humiliating Silva's victory was...It was like watching someone fight Zeus. lol
Silva is much better than anyone thinks. Even those of us that think he is the bees knees. I think he could take most of the heavyweights.

This card was just terrible and the next one is even worse. This one was a 2 fight card that turned out to be a one fight card. I'll never pay to watch a UFC PPV until they put on a stacked card. They rely too much on the main event. It just tells me that the UFC isn't as deep as people think they are. Then again, I'll never pay to see that either. Too many live streams available. I'll say it again, K-1, Dream and Sengoku cards are always good from top to bottom.

Golie has it right:
Originally Posted by :
that was a crap ufc, they need to put on more quality, less quantity
Silva dominated and humiliated Forrest. Him running out of the ring immediately was a b*tch move. I'll never look at him the same again. IF it went to the ground, Silva would have dominated. His bjj is just as amazing as his stand-up. He walks around normally at 205 so I don't think he looked out of place at all. And the BJ/KenFlo fight wasn't all that it was expected to be. I think KenFlo became nervous because he didn't look like himself and was timid. BJ was dominate on the ground and proved he is the best 155'er ever in the UFC. If he keeps himself in shape, nobody can beat him at 155.

I don't know why anyone would pay to see 102. Two over-the-hill fighters in the main event? And the undercard is just as crappy. I don't think so. It should be on Spike.

As far Fedor ducking, I don't think so. It's best for the UFC that he didn't come in. He would have ripped through everyone then left. The UFC heavyweight division is not good at all. They have 2, maybe 3 decent fighters. However, that could be said for just about every organization out there.
[Reply]
goalie204 01:36 PM 08-09-2009
Forest had a dislocated jaw from a previous hit, and he ran out to go directly to the hospital apparently
[Reply]
kgoings 01:39 PM 08-09-2009
I agree NC the next event is crap.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:54 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
Forest had a dislocated jaw from a previous hit, and he ran out to go directly to the hospital apparently
I guess but I don't think that is the only reason he wanted to get out of there asap. He was totally outclassed and embarrassed and he knew it.

Good article about who is next for Silva. http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
[Reply]
coastietech 01:57 PM 08-09-2009
I purchased the fight and while I thought it could have been better I was still happy with the purchase. Silva is unstoppable, the only person I could even fathom beating him is GSP if he can get to the weight needed to fight him.

BJ is pound for pound one of the greatest fighters ever and he looked good last night. I think if he keeps up this new program and dedication he has a chance at holding the title for a very long time.
[Reply]
kgoings 02:09 PM 08-09-2009
What do you think about a Diego Sanchez vrs. BJ Penn fight? I really like Sanchez, but I dont think he is as good of an all around fighter as BJ. In Diegos last fight against Guida, Guida took him down and kept him down in the 2nd and 3rd. Diego was able to deal some damage from the bottom but I think in that situation BJ would have finished him.

Would like to see Hendo and Sylvia again too.
[Reply]
Steelergar 02:35 PM 08-09-2009
Forrest Griffin gets $60,000 bonus for fight of the night?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:06 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
He was totally outclassed and embarrassed and he knew it.
I don't know about getting outclassed, I found Anderson's antics to be less than classy. Forest got dominated, no doubt, he was likely embarassed and hurt at the end of that fight and wanted to get out of there ASAP. He should have probably stayed for the official announcement, barring a dislocated jaw ofcourse. Anyone who has played a sport and gets beaten (quite handedly) doesn't usually want to stick around to watch the other guy get their trophy. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:10 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I don't know about getting outclassed, I found Anderson's antics to be less than classy. Forest got dominated, no doubt, he was likely embarassed and hurt at the end of that fight and wanted to get out of there ASAP. He should have probably stayed for the official announcement, barring a dislocated jaw ofcourse. Anyone who has played a sport and gets beaten (quite handedly) doesn't usually want to stick around to watch the other guy get their trophy. :-)
Outclassed as in Forrest Gump is not in Silva's class. Nowhere near as skilled.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:11 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Outclassed as in Forrest Gump is not in Silva class.
Then we agree on that, frankly I am not sure there is another UFC fighter in Silva's class right now. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 07:46 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Then we agree on that, frankly I am not sure there is another UFC fighter in Silva's class right now. :-)
:-) I was thinking about this and I have to agree. There is no one that I would put on the same level as Silva at the moment.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:39 AM 08-10-2009
I would say GSP is on the same level. He isn't cocky and doesn't show boat tho. I'd love to see what happens if they fought. My prediction would be gsp takes him down and messes him up.
[Reply]
kayaker 06:33 AM 08-10-2009
The GSP vs ASilva fight could be very interesting. GSP could give him a lot of trouble if he could get the take downs but I think Silva would win. This fight may never happen now unless GSP wants to jump 2 weight classes:

http://insidefights.com/2009/08/09/s...vyweight-move/

Also, here's an update on Forrest. Turns out the injury report was false:

http://insidefights.com/2009/08/09/g...ult-of-injury/
[Reply]
goalie204 07:06 AM 08-10-2009
GSP fights at welterweight (170) - Silva's champ at Middleweight (185) Only 1 weight class diff, silva's 205 fight was his 2nd as light heavyweight, he moved up for the fight
[Reply]
kayaker 08:35 AM 08-10-2009
Originally Posted by goalie204:
GSP fights at welterweight (170) - Silva's champ at Middleweight (185) Only 1 weight class diff, silva's 205 fight was his 2nd as light heavyweight, he moved up for the fight
Read the link Myles.:-)

:-)

Anderson wants to move to 205 permanently.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 78
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
Up