Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 33 of 67
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
General Discussion>It's happend
Blaylock 10:22 PM 01-24-2009
Wasn't sure if I should post this but I will because it sort of puts things into perspective a bit. As many know, I am a Mod over there, and if you know me, I try hard not to be a combative person. In this new position, I have volunteered to make decisions, hopefully for the "good" of the membership. Some of them are not well received and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Today I receive a personal threat, which I feel puts me and my whole family in jeopardy.

These are Cigar boards and we all signed up to discuss the things we enjoy doing and hopefully to build friendships along the way. When it becomes personal, its time to step back and take a look at what we're doing here.

I enjoy visiting several boards, because I like the comarodity and discussions that take place. I truly do hope that we can get back to that soon!

Dave
MajorCaptSilly 10:31 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by Blaylock:
Wasn't sure if I should post this but I will because it sort of puts things into perspective a bit. As many know, I am a Mod over there, and if you know me, I try hard not to be a combative person. In this new position, I have volunteered to make decisions, hopefully for the "good" of the membership. Some of them are not well received and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Today I receive a personal threat, which I feel puts me and my whole family in jeopardy.

These are Cigar boards and we all signed up to discuss the things we enjoy doing and hopefully to build friendships along the way. When it becomes personal, its time to step back and take a look at what we're doing here.

I enjoy visiting several boards, because I like the comarodity and discussions that take place. I truly do hope that we can get back to that soon!

Dave
That's really sad. If you don't like the new board, don't go there but that's no way to behave. I'm sorry that happened, Dave.

MCS
Da Klugs 10:37 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
That's really sad. If you don't like the new board, don't go there but that's no way to behave. I'm sorry that happened, Dave.

MCS
:-)Got quite a few over the years when I modded there. (assuming it happened there) Easy to read too more into them than intended, I always did, but hard for them at any level not to freak. Did you post about it there as well? Threating a member on any board post or PM is grounds for expulsion or at minimum a long vacation. One of the few benefits of unpaid janitorial duty is the immediate response and protection of the site owners for these types of things.
M1903A1 10:40 PM 01-24-2009
Sigh...glad to be "committed"!

I wonder if anyone got my quips at the old site about "Penn Central Lives" and "reaching for the black-and-yellow lever next to my seat".

(Hint on the last one...in a military plane, that's the LAST lever you want to grab hold of!)
MedicCook 10:41 PM 01-24-2009
I agree that personal threats are uncalled for. Sorry that you have to deal with that Dave.
M1903A1 10:46 PM 01-24-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I agree that personal threats are uncalled for. Sorry that you have to deal with that Dave.
:-)

It's just a 'net board, already!
MedicCook 10:53 PM 01-24-2009
In the words of the Great Booker T...

"Save the drama fo yo mamma!!"
icehog3 11:31 PM 01-24-2009
Sorry someone saw fit to threaten you in any way, Dave. That is completely unacceptable. :-)
lenguamor 12:23 AM 01-25-2009

Dave
That's messed up. I hope you guys make a report to the FBI; making a threat like that can be a serious matter.
ThreeSheets 12:40 AM 01-25-2009
I really tried, but don't think I am going back.:-)
pmwz 04:40 AM 01-25-2009
asked them to delete my account because puff is overr here germany a word for whorehouse and i dont want to be associated with a site with such a name.
Lets wait and see if they grant my wish...
macpappy 07:14 AM 01-25-2009
Just a question. Does anyone remember signing or agreeing to a membership agreement with Puff? I know I did with CS and I did with the Asylum, but I didn't with Puff. From what a friend told me, the only thing that CS could sell was what was posted before the sale was completed. That since I didn't sign or agree to anything with the new owner, then he wouldn't necessarily own anything I posted after the sale was completed. Unfortunately he would own the membership list including the user profiles and he could do what he wanted to with that material - even selling it to a spammer unless it was something prohibited in the sales contract.

My time swimming around over there is probably over anyway because I just made a post questioning the whole "forum owns your post" concept. I tried to find and read the membership agreement over there and couldn't find a link to it.
Starscream 07:44 AM 01-25-2009

Dave
Seriously f'ed up! Press charges against that person. Threats are completely uncalled for on a message board.
floydpink 07:50 AM 01-25-2009
Dave,

Give them my address if they want to threaten anyone. I'd love to test out this new "stand your ground" law they have in Florida.
replicant_argent 08:41 PM 01-25-2009
I don't know why my Puff PM box was restricted to 50 PMs, but it was tonight. No warning, no notation, nothing.
Starscream 08:51 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I don't know why my Puff PM box was restricted to 50 PMs, but it was tonight. No warning, no notation, nothing.
I've still got a 100 pm limit there for now.
Andyman 08:53 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Oh I think you know why! :-)

I got nuthin!?!?
MedicCook 08:54 PM 01-25-2009
All I know is that I have a PM box of 1,000 here.
omowasu 08:59 PM 01-25-2009

I have had the same problems on other boards... I have received email threats and other questionable communication before. The first one was scary - after that, I took them all with a grain of salt.

It is very unfortunate that folks act that way - after all, it is a cigar board, and nothing else. Some folks become totally absorbed in it and it becomes a way of life, others hide behind the relative anonymity of the public Internet and throw threats that they could not possibly follow up on.

Either way, it sucks, and I am sorry to hear that you are getting harassed. There are several folks in our crew that would be happy to assist, I am sure! :-)

If the person making the threats doesnt have your name and address, there isnt really much they can do, IMO...
hotreds 09:02 PM 01-25-2009
Dave
Things appear to be getting waaay out of hand! It's cute to make funny statements, but, jeez, enough already! Don't go over there if you don't like it anymore. But to nag here about there is getting as old as nagging over there about over there! And threatening people is beyond the pale. Don't know what kind of threat this was, but in this day and age you can certainly make that person deeply regret what he did- and so you should! Very sorry this happened- on a damn cigar board of all things!!! Sad, very sad- and pathetic!
Page 33 of 67
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
Up