Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 33 of 129
« First < 23313233 34354383 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Dux 09:25 AM 09-25-2009
Keep up the good work :-) I know I have about 100Lb I can loose so I might join the fun :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:27 PM 09-25-2009
Originally Posted by Dux:
Keep up the good work :-) I know I have about 100Lb I can loose so I might join the fun :-)
The more the merrier. We'd love to have you join us.
[Reply]
shilala 08:50 AM 09-28-2009
191.4 this morning. 6.4 more pounds to go, and I have to figure out a way to maintain. That's 58.6 pounds so far.
I ate enough in the last two days to kill a normal man. lol :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 11:07 AM 09-28-2009
been sick as hell and eating crappy cuz all ive been craving is comfort food, and its far from healthy ;/ hope i dont gain everything i lost back
[Reply]
longknocker 11:33 AM 09-28-2009
12# off since last Thursday. :-) Tuna Diet is working well!:-)
[Reply]
Dux 12:00 PM 09-28-2009
Time for a salad :-)
[Reply]
12stones 07:01 AM 09-30-2009
Morning all. Just wanted to check in. I lost my way and ended up back on Phase I of South Beach. So far, I'm down 6lbs from last Sunday. I'm looking to make it into the 180s!!
[Reply]
longknocker 01:42 PM 09-30-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Morning all. Just wanted to check in. I lost my way and ended up back on Phase I of South Beach. So far, I'm down 6lbs from last Sunday. I'm looking to make it into the 180s!!
:-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:28 AM 10-03-2009
I think I may have run out of fat. .6 pounds away from "I lost 60 pounds." and just 5.6 pounds from my 185 target.
Being it's the weekend, I'll probably eat everything in sight for the next couple days. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:46 AM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
216.2 this morning, 218.6 right now, all fed and hydrated.
I haven't seen 216 for 10 years.
I'd be even better, but I had a date for lunch and ate a crab cake and 5 glasses of lemon water. Ate all the green stuff, too. It was at Ruby Tuesday's, it was good, too. :-)
The date went real well, too. A chick my age. Too smart and good looking though. She's got way too much sense to get mixed up with me. :-)
That post was from 6/15.
Turns out she didn't have all that much sense, after all. :-)
Lisa and I were talking this evening about dinner and she mentioned surf and turf burgers at Applebees.
Somehow that came around to Salmon patties and crab cakes, and she mentioned the crab cakes at Ruby Tuesday's. I told her I thought I remembered having crab cakes when we went out "way back when".
Amazing how things change in a few short months.
I'm 25 pounds lighter and one good woman heavier. :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 04:11 AM 10-03-2009
Well mark that as a really crappy finish to the week. I managed to gain almost 8 lbs.:-)

I think I must be retaining water. Could it be that time of the month again already?

On a positive note, I tried on the suit I got married in 9 years ago and it still fit. The pants were just a touch snug and the jacket was just a little tight in the shoulders. Still passable though, as long as this "water" comes back off again soon.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:44 AM 10-03-2009
I think I may have run out of fat. .6 pounds away from "I lost 60 pounds." and just 5.6 pounds from my 185 target.
Being it's the weekend, I'll probably eat everything in sight for the next couple days. :-)
That's My Problem, too, Scott! You Have To "Take a Break", sometime, though. Weekends work for me! Now If I could just quit drinking Beer!:-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:57 AM 10-03-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
That's My Problem, too, Scott! You Have To "Take a Break", sometime, though. Weekends work for me! Now If I could just quit drinking Beer!:-)
I quit drinking beer about seven years ago and gained about 40 pounds.
Be careful what you wish for. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:15 PM 10-05-2009
That post was from 6/15.
Turns out she didn't have all that much sense, after all. :-)
Lisa and I were talking this evening about dinner and she mentioned surf and turf burgers at Applebees.
Somehow that came around to Salmon patties and crab cakes, and she mentioned the crab cakes at Ruby Tuesday's. I told her I thought I remembered having crab cakes when we went out "way back when".
Amazing how things change in a few short months.
I'm 25 pounds lighter and one good woman heavier. :-)
Awesome deal, Scott.:-)
Originally Posted by kayaker:

I think I must be retaining water. Could it be that time of the month again already?
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:35 PM 10-06-2009
Great website to track dietary habits and exercise and it's absolutely free. If you like it give BORIStheBlade some rep. He's the one who found it.
The food log is awesome! They have a huge database. You type in the food and it counts the nutritional info for you.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...59&postcount=1
[Reply]
Starscream 06:43 PM 10-07-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Great website to track dietary habits and exercise and it's absolutely free. If you like it give BORIStheBlade some rep. He's the one who found it.
The food log is awesome! They have a huge database. You type in the food and it counts the nutritional info for you.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...59&postcount=1
Using this over the past two days. I love it so far. nutrimirror.com
[Reply]
forgop 08:03 PM 10-07-2009
I'm going to jump into the mix...I've been a yo-yo guy since college in the mid-90's. I've tried Weight Watchers and Atkins and had success with both, but after awhile, lost interest.

I'm now 35 and was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in my lower back. I have 2 vertebrae with spurs that has compressed a disc against my lower spine which I will undergo surgery to fix that. It causes some numbness/tingling in my legs from time to time that I just attributed to being out of shape. The risk of doing nothing eventually leads to the function decreasing over time and once I lose something, it's not likely that I would ever recover from that. I'm hoping to get the surgery done with by the end of the month. As the doctor said, any additional pressure I can take off by losing my gut, the better off I'll be.

Anyway, I'm going to be doing Weight Watchers for this in addition to doing spinning classes at LA Fitness 6 times/week. I was doing the class regularly and then got out of the fold, particularly when I lost my job in July. Weight Watchers has an iPhone application that I just downloaded, so there's no excuse for me venturing off my plan.

Anyway, I'm starting on the plan tomorrow morning and will give this thing a go.

Starting weight: 238.4
Goal weight: 180
[Reply]
shilala 07:30 AM 10-08-2009
Still can't break that 190 barrier. That was only .4 pounds in five days. It's been 1.6 pounds a week for months. I really do think I've run out of fat.
I've slowly started eating a bit more, too, with my change in meds.
I'm leaving for Ohio today to hang out with Lisa for a few days, she'll make me eat.
[Reply]
Dux 08:02 AM 10-08-2009
Iv been stuck on the same 8lbs. I loose 8 I gain 8 :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 08:12 AM 10-08-2009
Originally Posted by Dux:
Iv been stuck on the same 8lbs. I loose 8 I gain 8 :-)
I hear you. I've been hovering around 235 for years. I may lose 5 lbs or so or gain 5-10, but I always come back.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 129
« First < 23313233 34354383 > Last »
Up