Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 33 of 138
« First < 23313233 34354383133 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
J0eybb 06:02 PM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Any prolonged temperatures of over 70 degrees and you are playing with the likelyhood of beetles. Find the coolest place in the house to help in the warm summers. Insepction or not, unless you are 100% certain every egg has been iradicated (unlikely by a simple inspection), I wouldn't chance my sticks at any temperature above 70 for a period longer than 24 hours. :-)
Does everyone keep their house at 70 degrees and under?
[Reply]
Mugen910 06:07 PM 05-06-2010
The house....no not really but I keep the vinotemp in the coolest and most shaded part of the house (basement). Usually anything over 70* for a prolonged period of time might show a presence of eggs hatching. I am sure the worry is less if you freeze them prior to kills them though.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:40 PM 05-06-2010
In the winter I keep my house heated to 70 degrees during the day and let it drop to 66 degrees at night. In the summer I keep the house at the same temps, but use the A/C to do so.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:44 PM 05-06-2010
Which end do I light on this?
Attached: Screen shot 2010-05-06 at 9.43.55 PM.jpg (18.1 KB) 
[Reply]
lightning9191 07:45 PM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Not the end you put in your mouth :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:06 PM 05-06-2010
Punch it in the middle and light both ends.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:08 PM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Punch it in the middle and light both ends.
That's what I was thinking. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:22 PM 05-06-2010
That's what I was thinking. :-)
I'm serious.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 07:52 PM 05-16-2010
Is that sloth from the goonies?

:-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:27 PM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by sonic_mike:
Did you just say something?
[Reply]
macsauce13 09:34 PM 05-16-2010

You're face looks like you might have put more than just tobacco into that cigar! :-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:36 PM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by macsauce13:

You're face looks like you might have put more than just tobacco into that cigar! :-)
That was a Burpha, er, Gurkha. That was the look of pain, just pure pain baby.

I think I was actually sober when that photo was taken too, which was really odd.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:38 PM 05-16-2010
This thread is intended as a helpful and informative thread for Q&A. Let's try and keep the mindless banter to a minimum, please.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:49 PM 06-09-2010
I've run into this issue a few times, but no one that I have talked to has even heard of it.

I get cigars that burn like a crater. The leaf in the middle burns nicely, but the wrapper refuses to catch a flame. I tend to light with a match, but but I don't get that on every cigar. The only way to get the wrapper to really catch is to smoke it for a little while, then flame the wrapper. It causes it to go up in flame and get caught up to the leaf...but then I miss out on the flavor of the wrapper.

I've gotten this on cigars I've stored in my own humidor, as well as when I buy and immediately smoke at my local B&M. Any ideas?
[Reply]
pnoon 08:54 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Apoco:
I've run into this issue a few times, but no one that I have talked to has even heard of it.

I get cigars that burn like a crater. The leaf in the middle burns nicely, but the wrapper refuses to catch a flame. I tend to light with a match, but but I don't get that on every cigar. The only way to get the wrapper to really catch is to smoke it for a little while, then flame the wrapper. It causes it to go up in flame and get caught up to the leaf...but then I miss out on the flavor of the wrapper.

I've gotten this on cigars I've stored in my own humidor, as well as when I buy and immediately smoke at my local B&M. Any ideas?
My guess would be that they are too wet. Try dry boxing your cigars (box or humidor w/no humidification) for a few days before smoking them.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:00 PM 06-09-2010
Alex,
What is the rh of your humi? Rh is all in preference but I've had better luck with 64-68% rh than 70+. Often times B&M's will have their rh set at 70+. As far as the match thing goes I prefer a torch. I find it is easier to control than a match. Try using a torch and toasting the foot until it is a little bit red, blowing on it, and repeating until the entire foot is cherried evenly. This usually starts the cigar out with a more consistent burn.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:10 PM 06-09-2010
My humidor is currently sitting at 69%. That is where it seems to really balance out this time of year. During the winter it sags down to about 65% usually. Tougher to keep it dry here in TN. Pretty sure I could just about set them on my desk haha.

I'll see what I can do about dropping the humidity. Thanks for the advice, fellas!
[Reply]
benedic08 10:42 PM 06-09-2010
Originally Posted by Apoco:
My humidor is currently sitting at 69%. That is where it seems to really balance out this time of year. During the winter it sags down to about 65% usually. Tougher to keep it dry here in TN. Pretty sure I could just about set them on my desk haha.

I'll see what I can do about dropping the humidity. Thanks for the advice, fellas!
A good way to drop down the humidity is to grab some cedar chips that comes with some of the cigars if you have them then stick them in your humi for a while and they'll absorb some of the humidity and just take them out later...

Happy Smokin! :-)
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:32 PM 06-09-2010
I prefer to dry box or leave the cigar out for a few hours before you smoke it if your Rh is a bit high. I prefer to have my cigars @ 65%
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:47 AM 06-10-2010
I learned here to store Acid cigars in a separate humidor. My question is after all the Acids are smoked up is the humidor safe to store regular cigars in?
[Reply]
Page 33 of 138
« First < 23313233 34354383133 > Last »
Up