Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 33 of 54
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
The Professor 09:26 AM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Good call Dokk. I went with a skin from ZAGG. It keeps the profile slim, lasts a long time and all the cutouts are perfect. Had one on my last iPhone and lived it. Just my double penny worth of insight.
Ya. I'm using an Apple bumper (it keeps the sexy lines intact and offers a little protection) and am waiting on my Best Skins Ever skin to get here (should be today or Monday).

If someone did get a case with a clear back (there are a couple out there), you can fix the flash washout issue by coloring in the edges of the cutouts (for the flash and the camera) with a black Sharpie marker.
[Reply]
The Professor 03:58 PM 07-10-2010
Best envelope ever:

That's for me skin. Now to figure out the proper wet installation method.... :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 09:08 PM 07-10-2010
Easy. Peel off, spray sticky side. Line up a hair higher then where you want. Slide down. Squeegy the life out of it to work the bubbles out.

PRESTO! Skinned i4!
[Reply]
eber 09:54 PM 07-10-2010
thinking about ordering a best skin ever, how is it Dokk?
[Reply]
The Professor 10:08 PM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by eber:
thinking about ordering a best skin ever, how is it Dokk?
I like it a lot. It goes on pretty easy (even if it's a little nerve-wracking getting soapy water on your iPhone) and feels nice. It's not as smooth as the glass; but your finger slides over it real well. I actually think I like the slight texture on the back *more* than the smooth glass.

I ordered 2 -- one for my phone and one for my wife's. The first one I put on the front of mine, though, had a scratch on the underside. I took it off and put on my wife's (she's not home until Wednesday, anyway). I've contacted support and have no doubt that they will respond quickly with a new front skin (all reports are that they have great service).

Anyway ... second one looks stellar. I expect it all to look perfect after everything has had a chance to settle. For $8 and minimal shipping (it was $1 first class for the 2 I ordered), you really can't beat these skins.

I believe I remember reading that King James would agree 100%. :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:16 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:
I was pretty sure that 10.5 (Leopard) does work with PPC processors, it's 10.6 (Snow Leopard) that is Intel only...

Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" was released on October 26, 2007. It was called by Apple "the largest update of Mac OS X". It brought more than 300 new features.[86] Leopard supports both PowerPC- and Intel x86-based Macintosh computers; support for the G3 processor was dropped and the G4 processor required a minimum clock rate of 867 MHz, and at least 512 MB of RAM to be installed. The single DVD works for all supported Macs (including 64-bit machines). New features include a new look, an updated Finder, Time Machine, Spaces, Boot Camp[87] full support for 64-bit applications (including graphical applications), new features in Mail and iChat, and a number of new security features. Leopard is an Open Brand UNIX 03 registered product on the Intel platform. It was also the first BSD-based OS to receive UNIX 03 certification.[3][88] Leopard dropped support for the Classic Environment and all Classic applications.[89] pre-installed,
It was the final version of Mac OS X to support the PowerPC architecture.
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
I have 10.5.8 on my Mac G4 ppc with no issues.

Yeah my bad...I was thinking of Snow Leopard. I probably will not put leopard on this laptop. Only running a 512 stick of ram and thats the bare minimum for Leopard and I don't want to bog the whole thing down.

So....I just went out and bought a new iMac lol
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 02:39 AM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I like it a lot. It goes on pretty easy (even if it's a little nerve-wracking getting soapy water on your iPhone) and feels nice. It's not as smooth as the glass; but your finger slides over it real well. I actually think I like the slight texture on the back *more* than the smooth glass.

I ordered 2 -- one for my phone and one for my wife's. The first one I put on the front of mine, though, had a scratch on the underside. I took it off and put on my wife's (she's not home until Wednesday, anyway). I've contacted support and have no doubt that they will respond quickly with a new front skin (all reports are that they have great service).

Anyway ... second one looks stellar. I expect it all to look perfect after everything has had a chance to settle. For $8 and minimal shipping (it was $1 first class for the 2 I ordered), you really can't beat these skins.

I believe I remember reading that King James would agree 100%. :-)
I just ordered two on your recommendation. Worth the try since two cost well less than one of the other options. Does it affect the way your bumper fits? I don't plan on getting a bumper, but do a case.
[Reply]
The Professor 07:30 AM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
I just ordered two on your recommendation. Worth the try since two cost well less than one of the other options. Does it affect the way your bumper fits? I don't plan on getting a bumper, but do a case.
Nope. Just be sure to wait a while (maybe 24 hours) before putting a case on. I waited 12 and it seems to work fine; but their recommendation is 24 before you use it. I think 24 is a bit long in this day and age; so my personal recommendation is to do it in the evening and let it sit overnight while you sleep. By the time you're ready to leave the next day, it should be fine. Be sure to print out their directions on the website and just follow them. :-)
[Reply]
The Professor 08:45 AM 07-13-2010
Despite its issues, iPhone 4 ranks as best smartphone in newest Consumer Reports findings.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/12/...l-smartphones/

Sure ... they reneged on their recommendation due to the signal issues; but their even that can't stop the iPhone 4 from being better than any other on the market. :-)
[Reply]
poker 09:51 AM 07-13-2010
Having had the Iphone 3GS (updated with OS 4.0), I have to admit that I like the new Iphone 4 even with its quirks. Mine's in a iFrogz case and I have no issues at all, and I would have it in a case anyways even if it worked fine without one, simply for protection.
[Reply]
Wanger 10:49 AM 07-13-2010
Woohoo! Just got the e-mail that mine is in! :-) If only my old cell hadn't fried the SIM card last week, I'd be able to transfer all my contacts. I'll likely pick it up on the way home today. :-)
[Reply]
SUOrangeGuy 11:00 AM 07-13-2010
I got mine yesterday. So much faster than my 3G plus my local area just upgraded from edge. Pandora is sweet.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 01:10 PM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Woohoo! Just got the e-mail that mine is in! :-) If only my old cell hadn't fried the SIM card last week, I'd be able to transfer all my contacts. I'll likely pick it up on the way home today. :-)
It wouldn't have mattered. The new iphone uses a smaller sim. Besides, keeping the contacts on the computer is awesome once you get past the pain of inputing them the first time.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 01:12 PM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Having had the Iphone 3GS (updated with OS 4.0), I have to admit that I like the new Iphone 4 even with its quirks. Mine's in a iFrogz case and I have no issues at all, and I would have it in a case anyways even if it worked fine without one, simply for protection.
I'm with you on this. Really impressed with the phone so far. However, the way I hold it when surfing the net is with the bottom in my right hand, held horizontally and it seems to block the signal then. That's the only time I noticed it and really, I can't isn't just the crappy service in downtown Chicago as it doesn't always decrease the signal, so I'm not sure if my hand is actually doing it. (my signal goes up and down when I'm standing still, and did that even before I had the iphone 4).
[Reply]
AD720 06:49 PM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
It wouldn't have mattered. The new iphone uses a smaller sim. Besides, keeping the contacts on the computer is awesome once you get past the pain of inputing them the first time.
http://www.gadgetvenue.com/sim-micro...tool-05294034/ :-)

Only $34.95 :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:51 PM 07-15-2010
software update available today, 4.0.1.
[Reply]
76GTFan 01:20 PM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Not seeing it yet.:-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:04 PM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by 76GTFan:
Not seeing it yet.:-)

[Reply]
rack04 03:15 PM 07-15-2010
I have a real hard time believe that the whole dropped call debate is due to the formula used to determine how many bars of signal strength are displayed.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:54 PM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Just Did The "15 Minute" Update.:-)
[Reply]
Page 33 of 54
« First < 23313233 343543 > Last »
Up