Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 327 of 352
« First < 227277317325326327 328329337 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
Remo 02:21 PM 02-02-2014
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Got that right. I'm probably going to be in the market for a new safe too at this rate.
:-) go steal Howard's :-)
GTsetGO 06:46 PM 02-02-2014
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Picked this up yesterday. Slightly used, but in excellent shape.
nice. my next pistol is going to be the m&p shield 9mm
cigarmonkel 11:03 PM 02-02-2014
Originally Posted by 8zeros:
Yep, quality name brands. I was wondering about things like toughness, reliability, ease of sight acquisition, battery life, size and weight, ease of zeroing and of course price. Just anyone else's experience here.
They should all be fairlyneasy to zero in. Both trijicon and eotech you can use flat head screw drivers or a coin to adjust the sights. Aimpoint and eotech will be the easiest for getting your eyes on the sight being they are both holographic/red dot styles unless you get an additional magnifier. The trijicon will take more time and will need to be placed further up or down your rails depending on how much eye relief you need.

My buddy who was a marine (best shooting scores in his platoon) swears up and down by the trijicon and does nothing but hate on my eotech. Im the opposite I wont/dont hate on trijicon but ill swear by my eotech.

Really boils down to if you want magnification or not. I have a flip to side 3x sitting behind my eotech so if I want the magnification ive got it. If I dont want it I just pop the magnifier off to the side. Trijicons dont require batteries, eotechs do but you should get a VERY long battery life out of each battery.. to the point where I wouldnt even take battery life into consideration
8zeros 06:20 AM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel:
They should all be fairlyneasy to zero in. Both trijicon and eotech you can use flat head screw drivers or a coin to adjust the sights. Aimpoint and eotech will be the easiest for getting your eyes on the sight being they are both holographic/red dot styles unless you get an additional magnifier. The trijicon will take more time and will need to be placed further up or down your rails depending on how much eye relief you need.

My buddy who was a marine (best shooting scores in his platoon) swears up and down by the trijicon and does nothing but hate on my eotech. Im the opposite I wont/dont hate on trijicon but ill swear by my eotech.

Really boils down to if you want magnification or not. I have a flip to side 3x sitting behind my eotech so if I want the magnification ive got it. If I dont want it I just pop the magnifier off to the side. Trijicons dont require batteries, eotechs do but you should get a VERY long battery life out of each battery.. to the point where I wouldnt even take battery life into consideration
Thanks. The tritium in the Trijicon decays so it gets dimmer over the years too.
I've read some reviews about how tough these are so I guess I'm a little less worried about that now. I will add flip up iron sight as well.
Steve 12:07 PM 02-04-2014
:-)

:-):-)

sikk50 11:55 PM 02-04-2014
Picked up a viridian laser for my lc9. Showed up today.....I'd advise against it.
Steve 01:56 PM 02-07-2014
Steve 01:56 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Picked up a viridian laser for my lc9. Showed up today.....I'd advise against it.
Why?
Remo 02:03 PM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Steve:
That's something I could get with!! :-)
GTsetGO 08:37 PM 02-08-2014
this will be here on monday

DirtRider500R 08:51 PM 02-08-2014
Nice :-)
GTsetGO 08:22 AM 02-11-2014
picked this up yesterday. now to save for the upper

Cigarcop 11:35 AM 02-12-2014
Alright pistol boys!...... What tool are you guys using to remove rear sights from Glocks...MGW?... Is there a good universal one out there that could be used for multiple sights of diff manufactures?
8zeros 11:53 AM 02-12-2014
Brothers in NY, fear not! Your guns are far less evil now.
I see room for improvement on the design. Hmmm....
MurphysLaw 11:59 AM 02-12-2014
Gun show this weekend down here, hoping I can make it out and shop for a new CCW pistol. Have a mental list of a few guns to check out, still not sure what I'm going to end up with. So far I'm thinking a micro 1911, HK P2000, compact M&P or XD, Glock 36 or 30S, or another Kahr subcompact. My wife has taken my Kahr PM9 so I need a replacement, my Kimber pro is a lot of gun to carry in the summers when I'm wearing a Tshirt and shorts, and my Makarov is heavy and fast mag changes are a PITA.

If anyone has other suggestions for a small carry piece in 9mm, .40, or .45 I'd appreciate it!
Remo 12:01 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Gun show this weekend down here, hoping I can make it out and shop for a new CCW pistol. Have a mental list of a few guns to check out, still not sure what I'm going to end up with. So far I'm thinking a micro 1911, HK P2000, compact M&P or XD, Glock 36 or 30S, or another Kahr subcompact. My wife has taken my Kahr PM9 so I need a replacement, my Kimber pro is a lot of gun to carry in the summers when I'm wearing a Tshirt and shorts, and my Makarov is heavy and fast mag changes are a PITA.
Nice, my wife wants to check out that new Glock .380 hard to find though :-)
Blueface 12:03 PM 02-12-2014
Brian,
While I love my Shield in 9mm, I am dreaming of of an XDs in my future to replace my LCP when I want to carry something more compact.
Blueface 12:04 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Mike,
While Glock makes me drool, that .380 was a bad fart on their part if you ask me.
They should have made that a 9mm. It is way too big for a .380.
MurphysLaw 12:08 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
I thought about it, but I really want to buy something chambered in a caliber I already own, so .380 is out.

Originally Posted by Blueface:
Brian,
While I love my Shield in 9mm, I am dreaming of of an XDs in my future to replace my LCP when I want to carry something more compact.
I've heard great things about the XDS too, just need to see how it feels in hand.
Remo 12:22 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Mike,
While Glock makes me drool, that .380 was a bad fart on their part if you ask me.
They should have made that a 9mm. It is way too big for a .380.
Gotcha, thanks. I keep telling her if she wants a .380 the Sig is way cool :-)
Page 327 of 352
« First < 227277317325326327 328329337 > Last »
Up