Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 327 of 353
« First < 227277317325326327 328329337 > Last »
Entertainment>What's the last movie you watched?
OLS 01:14 PM 02-09-2012
RED STATE - All I can say is thank God for Kevin Smith. He seems to be one of the only
Producer-Directors that is willing to tackle certain touchy issues as they are in America.
At least the only one who's movies I watch. America is LITTERED with groups like the one on
display here. I cheered out loud when most of em got it in the face. But with Kevin Smith movies
NO ONE is ever really safe, and that is true here, too.
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:43 PM 02-09-2012
Jackie Brown
Skywalker 11:46 PM 02-09-2012
Stripes
sevans105 12:18 AM 02-10-2012
Watched Killer Elite. Supposedly based on a true story. Guess I need to read the book now. The Feather-men is the book. I'll kindle it this weekend.
fencefixer 12:20 AM 02-10-2012
I watched the entire Dirty Harry collection today. :-)
mase 05:56 AM 02-10-2012
One Crazy Summer
Blak Smyth 05:59 AM 02-10-2012
Hobo with a shotgun
mase 06:03 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Hobo with a shotgun
How was this? A few months ago, I finally got the wife to agree to watch this and the streaming netflix crapped out.

I wanted to see how bad it was. :-)
Blak Smyth 06:05 AM 02-10-2012
Well if cheap corny gore is your thing you would love it.
It found it so bad it was good?!?
mase 06:06 AM 02-10-2012
Well if cheap corny gore is your thing you would love it.
It found it so bad it was good?!?
That's what I was thinking. So bad it's funny. I gotta see if this is available through Amazon Prime.
Blak Smyth 06:12 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by mase:
That's what I was thinking. So bad it's funny. I gotta see if this is available through Amazon Prime.
Its on Netflix, that's where I saw it.
I hate Amazon Prime, I never find anything I want to watch without paying extra.
DO NOT pay for this movie!!!
mase 06:17 AM 02-10-2012
Its on Netflix, that's where I saw it.
I hate Amazon Prime, I never find anything I want to watch without paying extra.
DO NOT pay for this movie!!!
I got rid of Netflix because of the poor streaming. Amazon Prime works for us, but like you said they don't have a great selection.
irratebass 06:31 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
RED STATE - All I can say is thank God for Kevin Smith. He seems to be one of the only
Producer-Directors that is willing to tackle certain touchy issues as they are in America.
At least the only one who's movies I watch. America is LITTERED with groups like the one on
display here. I cheered out loud when most of em got it in the face. But with Kevin Smith movies
NO ONE is ever really safe, and that is true here, too.
Man I want to see this, even though J&SBSB was pretty ignorant and Z&MMAP was just a little bit better, I have high hopes for this one.
Blak Smyth 06:32 AM 02-10-2012
I enjoyed RED STATE!
OLS 07:34 AM 02-10-2012
Aw, Mickey, you're killing me....YES J&SBSB was silly, but loads of fun. Z&MMAP was one of the best movies
I have seen lately, I mean you just don't GET THAT from other directors. It's a under-utilized section of the
made up, silly story genre. They take a subject no one wants to admit they enjoy or have dabbled in, and
they make a complete mainstream movie out of it...a good one, too.

The movie Red State is more like a cross between 8% Dogma and 30% Coen Brothers and 30% I Spit on Your
Grave and 32% The Usual Suspects.....is that 100%?? I am not good with numbers. I really liked it. The last 20
minutes alone are worth the price of admission.
Blak Smyth 07:36 AM 02-10-2012
Speaking of J&SBSB I recently purchased Mallrats, one of my all time favorite comedies!
OLS 07:42 AM 02-10-2012
Conan the Barbarian......Interesting, gory, not a Ah-nold movie, but still just a bit too Hollywood for my taste.
You have the classics of action adventure. Child forced to watch a gruesome event who vows revenge, girl tied
to the railroad tracks. Many obstacles involved in saving the girl, great villain. That's the tedium.

However, there are two or three moments in this movie, little 8-10 second gags that are absolutely priceless.
They will make you wake up and take notice. The whole while you are watching the movie, you are thinking
"Someone wishes they were Steven Spielberg (Indy Jones)....And when the gags hit, you think, well maybe they ARE.

A LITTLE heavy on the useless sword twirling that I guess is designed to make the hero look extremely strong.
I also liked that Conan rarely engages in swordplay. The people he encounters raise their sword to counter the
mighty blow and he just stabs the in the gut and eviscerates them. It's hilarious. I give it about a 70
OLS 07:42 AM 02-10-2012
Speaking of J&SBSB I recently purchased Mallrats, one of my all time favorite comedies!
I think that's how this thread was born so many years ago. That might mean it's time for another one.
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:43 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:
Watched Killer Elite. Supposedly based on a true story. Guess I need to read the book now. The Feather-men is the book. I'll kindle it this weekend.
This movie was a let down for me. They could have made a much better movie with the plot line and the actors.
OLS 07:47 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
The movie Red State is more like a cross between 8% Dogma and 30% Coen Brothers and 30% I Spit on Your
Grave and 32% The Usual Suspects.....is that 100%?? I am not good with numbers. I really liked it. The last 20
minutes alone are worth the price of admission.
I think I am wrong, the 8% is The Usual Suspects, and 10% Dogma and 20% Big Lebowski Meets The Untouchables.
Page 327 of 353
« First < 227277317325326327 328329337 > Last »
Up