Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 326 of 352
« First < 226276316324325326 327328336 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
dijit 06:04 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel:
Bob i would start with the .40 and see if its for you before you jump into 223/556 or both. Pistol is easier to reload. The case brass for pistols won't expand like rifle brass will. As long as your OAL for your .40 is good to go the entire round should be good to go. You can save some money so you don't have to buy a brass trimmer and primer swag for your 556 that way. If you like/enjoy reloading then you can go get the proper equipment to reload for your 223/556. Unless money aint no thang then do both!! :-)
Anything with a straight wall or not bottle neck shape is pretty easy to load. If you start with new brass you should be able to get two or three reloads before the brass becomes measurably longer. Watch for discoloration just above the bottom crimp or primer plate. This could indicate the brass may be weakening. get the manual first determine the loads you want to experiment with. If you really start getting into it you can learn the math for the chamber pressures and how it effect accuracy.
Chainsaw13 06:06 PM 01-30-2014
Bob i would start with the .40 and see if its for you before you jump into 223/556 or both. Pistol is easier to reload. The case brass for pistols won't expand like rifle brass will. As long as your OAL for your .40 is good to go the entire round should be good to go. You can save some money so you don't have to buy a brass trimmer and primer swag for your 556 that way. If you like/enjoy reloading then you can go get the proper equipment to reload for your 223/556. Unless money aint no thang then do both!! :-)
Since I'm near you, any chance of a primer (pun intended) lesson?
Chainsaw13 06:08 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by dijit:
Anything with a straight wall or not bottle neck shape is pretty easy to load. If you start with new brass you should be able to get two or three reloads before the brass becomes measurably longer. Watch for discoloration just above the bottom crimp or primer plate. This could indicate the brass may be weakening. get the manual first determine the loads you want to experiment with. If you really start getting into it you can learn the math for the chamber pressures and how it effect accuracy.
Good info. I have to look do some research first to see if it's another hobby I need and can afford. As I've been told, you don't end up saving money as you tend to shoot more, offsetting the savings.
cigarmonkel 06:21 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Good info. I have to look do some research first to see if it's another hobby I need and can afford. As I've been told, you don't end up saving money as you tend to shoot more, offsetting the savings.
I think you would be lucky to break even. I always find myself saying "meh.. cheaper then buying it at the store.. lets go shoot!" unfortunately I have yet to find a valid reason to tell myself "no.. don't go shoot".

I've heard if your using a different material case they will only last 2-3 rounds before you start to have to size them or toss them but I've heard brass you can shoot A TON before you trim or toss em.
cigarmonkel 06:23 PM 01-30-2014
Since I'm near you, any chance of a primer (pun intended) lesson?
Absolutely! It's super easy. only the 5.56 will have mil spec crimp since obviously .223 is not mil spec. It's easy to spot if they have it or not and your deprimer in your turret press won't like it either and will refuse to take it out. As far as I am aware of no pistol ammo will have that primer crimp so you shouldn't need a primer swag for your .40
Chainsaw13 07:16 PM 01-30-2014
Absolutely! It's super easy. only the 5.56 will have mil spec crimp since obviously .223 is not mil spec. It's easy to spot if they have it or not and your deprimer in your turret press won't like it either and will refuse to take it out. As far as I am aware of no pistol ammo will have that primer crimp so you shouldn't need a primer swag for your .40
Thanks! I got your PM as well. I'll get in touch with ya to set something up soon. Gotta see what my work entails first. Gonna be busy on the new Mustang.
cigarmonkel 07:36 PM 01-30-2014
Thanks! I got your PM as well. I'll get in touch with ya to set something up soon. Gotta see what my work entails first. Gonna be busy on the new Mustang.
Ohh tasty! ! What kinda mustang?
Chainsaw13 07:51 PM 01-30-2014
Ohh tasty! ! What kinda mustang?
The new '15.
Fordman4ever 08:45 PM 01-30-2014
Nice
GTsetGO 08:52 AM 01-31-2014
nice.

throw some pics up here and on my other site www.moddedmustangs.com
Lockspur 12:39 PM 01-31-2014
I miss my Mustang. :-)
GTsetGO 03:49 PM 02-01-2014
got my alien gear holster in.

and went to my best-friends place and put together my ar.

8zeros 07:03 PM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by 8zeros:
I have a 16 in. flat top floating barrel AR with no sights on it yet. I can't see through iron sights so well any more and no sense in putting a scope on this. I already have a scoped 20" HBAR setup.
What ideas y'all have for sighting this? I've already done some research but I'm throwin' it out here.
eotech aimpoint or trijicon!
Yep, quality name brands. I was wondering about things like toughness, reliability, ease of sight acquisition, battery life, size and weight, ease of zeroing and of course price. Just anyone else's experience here.
Chainsaw13 10:38 AM 02-02-2014
Picked this up yesterday. Slightly used, but in excellent shape.
Attached: image.jpg (118.4 KB) 
Bax 10:41 AM 02-02-2014
Picked this up yesterday. Slightly used, but in excellent shape.
Love mine!
Chainsaw13 02:07 PM 02-02-2014
Originally Posted by Bax:
Love mine!
Cool! I can't wait to take it to the range.
Remo 02:13 PM 02-02-2014
Good grab Bob, I really liked mine, like my Shield better though.
Chainsaw13 02:15 PM 02-02-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Good grab Bob, I really liked mine, like my Shield better though.
It was a toss up between the two. I didn't like the palm feel of the thin grip on the Shield as much. But I bet it's nicer to carry. Hey, ya never know. With the OT I'm going to get this year, I may end up with a Shield too. :-)
Remo 02:17 PM 02-02-2014
It was a toss up between the two. I didn't like the palm feel of the thin grip on the Shield as much. But I bet it's nicer to carry. Hey, ya never know. With the OT I'm going to get this year, I may end up with a Shield too. :-)
Ya, the thinness finally won me over, I was getting lazy about carrying, the thinner Shield will hopefully help that :-)

Ya, just buy another, can never have too many :-)
Chainsaw13 02:18 PM 02-02-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Ya, the thinness finally won me over, I was getting lazy about carrying, the thinner Shield will hopefully help that :-)

Ya, just buy another, can never have too many :-)
Got that right. I'm probably going to be in the market for a new safe too at this rate.
Page 326 of 352
« First < 226276316324325326 327328336 > Last »
Up