Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 326 of 350
« First < 226276316324325326 327328336 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
GreekGodX 05:44 PM 04-01-2013
After 3 months of olympic lifting and multiple ligament injuries, I'm going back to hypertrophy based training.. Nothing major happened but felt like I needed to switch things up.

Today was legs and I got the biggest pump in them in a long time. Hitting them with multiple exercises and in different ways they definitely responded. Hoping to make some big gains :-) :-)
icehog3 06:01 PM 04-01-2013
Get big(ger)!, Son! :-)
MarkinAZ 07:33 PM 04-01-2013
Felt good to take the weekend off and simply relax. Up early at 04:35 for a great 45min walk with the dawg, and then to the garage:

Standing reverse curls x4/8reps
Standing bicep curls x4/8reps
Standing french press x4/8reps
Standing upright row x4/8reps
Standing press x4/8reps

Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Today was legs and I got the biggest pump in them in a long time. Hitting them with multiple exercises and in different ways they definitely responded. Hoping to make some big gains... :-)
Good wo Christos...
bonjing 09:26 AM 04-02-2013
question for you guys; Am I hurting myself by doing full body everyday? I feel good so far and have been doing this routine for about 2 months now. Its basically full body on Monday and Tuesday. Wed it's full body with a focus on shoulders and and tri's. Thursday its full body with focus on back and bi's. Friday full body with focus on chest and legs.

An example would be Wed:

Flat bench DB press
Cable pull downs
db shoulder press
db lat raises
db reverse flys
db front shoulder raises
db preacher curls
cable curls
reverse curls
hammers
cable rope pull downs
squats

I definitely feel stronger, and I figure if I'm not doing anything negative to my body I'll keep this up until I need surgery in a few months. I just need to throw in some cardio and stop eating so damn much.
icehog3 10:19 AM 04-02-2013
It may produce results in the relatiove short term, Greg, and sounds like it has. As some point you will get overtrained and/or stagnant, and I would suggest moving to a split routine at that point.
Adriftpanda 04:39 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by bonjing:
question for you guys; Am I hurting myself by doing full body everyday? I feel good so far and have been doing this routine for about 2 months now. Its basically full body on Monday and Tuesday. Wed it's full body with a focus on shoulders and and tri's. Thursday its full body with focus on back and bi's. Friday full body with focus on chest and legs.

I definitely feel stronger, and I figure if I'm not doing anything negative to my body I'll keep this up until I need surgery in a few months. I just need to throw in some cardio and stop eating so damn much.
Recovery is just as important as exercise. So letting your body rest is a must. Muscles need to rest in order to grow and working them everyday will not help them heal. You won't experience maximum strength gains that way either.

If you do decide to continue to do full body training, I suggest you break it up and do it nonconsecutive days, that way you are not over training.
jdakine 05:33 PM 04-02-2013
Finally got back into the gym last night for Chest & triceps. Felt good to work out, however I realized I have a tooth acke. Off to the dentist in a few hours:-)
Adriftpanda 06:14 PM 04-02-2013
Hyde pre work out was put to use today for a heavy back day.

wide grip pulls ---- close grip lat pull downs
chin ups 3x10
T-Bar row 4x6
Hammer strength single arm pull downs 4x5
DB row ---- bent over flys

So my take on Hyde: 400 mg of caffeine, and of course our beloved 1,3 dma and a few other extracts that I have no idea what it means.

Focus and energy 8/10
Strength 7.5/10

It was right around $34, for 40 or so servings. I decided to go with the watermelon flavor, not too bad but I like the sour taste more. I usually take new pwo on a empty stomach to get the "full effect." Within 5 minutes, I felt the tingles setting in. Once I started training, the pump felt pretty damn good. Overall, it's a good pwo but that being said, it was just one day. I will give another report tomorrow. I did exactly one scoop, I may add a little extra tomorrow.

Oh, almost forgot, there is another pwo out there as well called Mr.Hyde, this is just Hyde.
icehog3 06:41 PM 04-02-2013
Sounds like another one to try.....Just for future reference, 3 of the flavors are $29.95 at FitRX.com, Huy.
Adriftpanda 07:38 PM 04-02-2013
Thanks Tom, but after shipping, it comes out to be exactly what I pay. Plus I like to support my local shop. Unless it comes to protein.
icehog3 09:02 PM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Thanks Tom, but after shipping, it comes out to be exactly what I pay. Plus I like to support my local shop. Unless it comes to protein.
Totally understand on supporting your local store, Huy. FitRX has some good prices and sales on protein, and if you sign up for their e-mails, you usually get at least one free shipping code every month. :-)
Adriftpanda 01:14 AM 04-04-2013
Shoulders early today.

BB upright row 4x5
seated db press 4x6
db lat raises 8x10
cable lat raises 4x8
rope slams 3x30 seconds

2nd day on Hyde. Focus and energy was 100% there. Strength, felt pretty damn good on first two exercises. Put up 85lb db on presses with no spot. After the two exercises, it just went down hill. Have legs tomorrow, may take it light even thought I wanted to do heavy all week. My lower back is still not up to par.
Genetic Defect 02:25 AM 04-04-2013
One of these days I'll get back into the gym.
icehog3 03:26 PM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by Genetic Defect:
One of these days I'll get back into the gym.
Me too....tomorrow. :-)
Genetic Defect 03:35 PM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Me too....tomorrow. :-)
Not that soon for me, but it will happen. :-)
GreekGodX 06:35 PM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by bonjing:
I learned this very quickly especially doing Olympic lifts. No way you will be able to sustain this for a long period of time. Your nervous system will crash and that is the worst feeling in the world. You aren't allowing for recovery and that is very important if you want to reap the benefits from lifting.
RobR1205 06:45 PM 04-04-2013
My legs are about to explode. Front and back squats today. Along with clean and jerks.
Ender 08:58 PM 04-04-2013
11 hours at work today. Didn't want to go to the gym at 7p. My gym partner said f this I'm going home. I still went. Chest day sucked without a spotter.
Adriftpanda 04:33 PM 04-05-2013
One of the most frustrating things for me... taking a pre sup and then not even going to the gym!

On the way to the gym yesterday to do legs, got a call that I need to be home for a delivery. Ughhh, made a U-turn back home... 4 hours later it was leg time.

Front squats 5x5
Hack squats 5x5
DB lunges 4x10
Single leg lying curls ---- box jumps 4x6

Today was chest, but just made it simple and focused much more on the upper pecs

Incline BB 3x5
Incline db flys 3x 8,6,6,4
flat db flys 3x6
weighted dips 4xfailure

and threw in some abs

Not sure if I'm feeling the Hyde, Tom.
icehog3 05:23 PM 04-05-2013
I know that "take the PW and something somes up" moment, Huy! :-)

OK, I get to skip the Hyde,, thanks for the tip.

Chest day today, felt strong. Started a new cycle of PH yesterday, see if it makes a difference in a couple/few weeks.
Page 326 of 350
« First < 226276316324325326 327328336 > Last »
Up