Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 322 of 350
« First < 222272312320321322 323324332 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 09:05 AM 03-13-2013
Heading to the gym with Mesomorph soon for back day.
MarkinAZ 09:37 AM 03-13-2013
Ok, I'm back in the garage this morning. Amazing what a sinus infection can due to your routine. Well, a few days of rest while injesting some Azithromycin seemed to be the ticket, cuz I was able to add some poundage to my bicep curls and french curls this morning:-)

Standing reverse curls x4/8reps
Standing bicep curls x4/8reps

Standing french press x4/8reps
Standing upright row x4/8reps

Have a great workout today bros!!!
icehog3 02:11 PM 03-13-2013
Trained back today after using the Mesomorph PW, and had a great workout. Excellent focus, endurance, strength. I dig it, only drawback is I am having the worst PW crash I have had in a long time, but I will use it again tomorrow and see if that is just a fluke.
Adriftpanda 03:12 PM 03-13-2013
Glad you liked it, Tom. I didn't get any pw crash, but then again that's me. Our bodies adapt differently.
icehog3 06:49 PM 03-13-2013
It was short lived, Huy, I will see how I react tomorrow...appreciate the recommendation! :-)
Ender 06:55 PM 03-13-2013
Worked the stick legs today. Trying 4 sets of 8 for a while. I'm tired.
Adriftpanda 04:46 PM 03-14-2013
Did shoulders today. Went pretty heavy this whole week and it feels great.

Hope you guys had a good training day.
icehog3 05:06 PM 03-14-2013
Heavy chest today, another good workout on the Mesomorph. Crash was probably less thanb 1/2 what it was yesterday, so all is good. I have playoff hockey games tomorrow and Saturday, so looks like legs will wait until Sunday, probably arms and shoulders the next couple.
Adriftpanda 05:10 PM 03-14-2013
Good to hear mr.hog

Are you taking it on a empty stomach? Any carbs before taking it? Just curious to see if it could be result of that or it's just the pwo.
icehog3 06:51 PM 03-14-2013
I don't take anything besides PWO before workouts, Huy, always on an empty stomach.
TJarv 08:28 PM 03-14-2013
Tomorrow will make it 2 weeks of me being back in the gym. Feels good to be productive after work for a change. The first week was pretty rough, I could barely walk after leg day. I've noticed I've still got decent strength in my back, shoulders, and legs, but need to get my arms and chest back up to par.

Yesterday I was able to leg press 385 4 times, which I was pretty proud of. The only thing that discourages me is my workout partner. Today on bench he put 295 up 3 times and I struggle with half of that.
icehog3 10:08 PM 03-14-2013
Keep consistent, Tony, sounds like you are getting back in the groove. :-)
MarkinAZ 08:35 AM 03-15-2013
After much researching on the net, reading reviews on various sites, I elected to go with the Assault pwo. I like the ingredient make-up on the label and seems to fit what I want. The serving recommendation is 1/2 scoop (or 23g). Since I have hypertension, I decided to start off with a 12g serving (or 50%) on Wed 03/13. This kicked in around 15min. The effect was simply felt in the background as reserve energy, but I could feel the pump in sets 3 and 4 of particular routines. There is Caffeine Anhydrous in the mix, so I did not have coffee for the day. There was no headaches, jitters, etc experienced. Extra weight was added on this day for two routines.

This morning after a nice walk with the dawg, I bumped up the Assault dose to 15g. Again, kicking in around the 15min mark. Was able to add extra weight to the french curls with no problemo. I'll keep the dose at 15g for the next couple of workouts and see how that rocks the garage out. Great workout this morning:

Have a great workout Friday:-)

Originally Posted by TJarv:
Tomorrow will make it 2 weeks of me being back in the gym. Feels good to be productive after work for a change. The first week was pretty rough, I could barely walk after leg day. I've noticed I've still got decent strength in my back, shoulders, and legs, but need to get my arms and chest back up to par. Yesterday I was able to leg press 385 4 times, which I was pretty proud of.
...:-):-)

icehog3 01:11 PM 03-15-2013
Shoulders and triceps today, minimal and heavy. I usually have a day between chest and shoulder workouts, but I was feeling it today. Did high rep sets of seated military press, starting at 165 and increasing each set by 10 pounds up to 245. That was it for shoulders....that was enough.

French press for tris, they were so cashed after shoulders that I just 5 sets of those, hit some abs, and called it a day. Had enough time to eat twice before work. :-)
mosesbotbol 02:34 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did high rep sets of seated military press, starting at 165 and increasing each set by 10 pounds up to 245.
Beast! Can you straight bar curl 135 with good form? How'd that arm blaster work out for you?
icehog3 03:40 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Beast! Can you straight bar curl 135 with good form? How'd that arm blaster work out for you?
I can straight bar curl 135 for reps with good (though not arm-blaster good) form, Moses.

Never saw that guy with the arm-blaster again. :-)
Adriftpanda 03:50 PM 03-15-2013
Chest and arms today.

Kept chest to 3 exercises today. Decided to try the bands while I benched today, felt a little weird, but it did the job.

5x8 bench press with bands
4x10 incline db presses
4x8,6,6,4 on flys

Superset on arms:
3x8 Close grip bench to kick backs
5x10 cable over head extentions to cable curls
3xfailure dips to close grip chin up
3x6 hammer head curls

Now I am stuffing my face with food :-)
Adriftpanda 02:58 PM 03-17-2013

Yup. How I feel right now. Skipped legs the last 2 weeks so I decided to go ape sht today.
10x10 at 315 to box jumps
Walking lunges to calf raise
Stiff legged deads to leg presses
MarkinAZ 03:17 PM 03-17-2013
^^^You're humpin it on the workouts Huy!:-)

Good workout this morning in the garage on 15g of Assault:

One thing I've notice is its a bit rough going as the muscles are getting use to the start of a routine (first set), but as the pwo starts to kick-in, sets two through four appear to be no problem and everything pumps smoothly. Do you guys notice this? By the time all four routines have been completed, I'm still in focus for another routine. I'm considering adding another to the above, but I'm already putting in about 60min...
icehog3 04:05 PM 03-17-2013
For me, the first set is tough because I am old and everything hurts, Dave. :-)

Warming up is actually the most painful part of my chest and my shoulder routines. As soon as I get the scar tissue busted back up and the blood flowing, I am good. I actually need the focus from the PWO on the warm-up sets just to get through those.

Day off today. I will train the whole body over 4 days starting tomorrow, then I am taking a 4 day break Friday through Monday. Hope to get hungry for the gym half way through the break, and be busting to go by the following Tuesday.
Page 322 of 350
« First < 222272312320321322 323324332 > Last »
Up