Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 321 of 350
« First < 221271311319320321 322323331 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Adriftpanda 04:26 PM 03-09-2013
Back day for me as well. 2nd day with Mesomorph, no joke... best pwo I've ever used. The focus and intensity lasted the entire workout.

Went med-heavy but made sure I did 8-12 reps.

wide grip pull 2x10
med grip pull 2x10
close grip chin 2x10

wide grip lat pull down 4x12
bb row 4x8 with a nice drop set at the end
db row 5x10
cable flys 4x10 with a drop set

finished it off with a couple sets of db curls and cable curls.
MarkinAZ 08:10 PM 03-09-2013
Took today off. A sore throat caught up with me on Thursday evening, hung out big time on Friday, and eased off early this morning. Leaving me the stuffy, runny, snezzy nose deal. Just relaxed today, but, Sunday is gonna be a different bird:-)

Have a good evening everyone and don't forget to "spring ahead" in time tonight...

Huy, good to hear re the Mesomorph pwo:-)
Ender 11:00 PM 03-09-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Keep it up, Andrew, you can always hit the beers and cigars after. :-)
Word. Being off for 5 months due to surgery made it tough to get back into the swing of things. I miss Breakfast Stout and BBQ after work....man do I ever have a beer belly to work off. Skyped with the parents the other day and my dad says I look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy with muscles. That sucks.:-) I weigh approximately 188 now when I used to weigh 175 I short while ago. Got some work to do.
jdakine 07:30 PM 03-10-2013
Chest today,
30 min cardio
DB flat
DB incline
Cable flys
Scull crusher
Cable triceps exercises, super sets. Increased 10lbs on these today.
icehog3 09:10 PM 03-10-2013
Chest for me as well.

Incline bench
Vertical bench (plate loaded machine)
Declline bench
Dips
DBall 06:53 AM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by pfm721:
5x5 Squats
5x5 Overhead Press
1x5 Deadlift

15 minutes of cardio

Forgot about an appointment I had this morning so my workout got cut short.

Are you doinng the Stronglifts 5x5 workout? I just saw that last week and tried it, although instead of breaking it up into 2 separate workouts, I figured I could do both days work at once (squat/bench/barbell rows/overhead press/deads). Any reason you think that would be a bad idea? I definitely felt it from doing so many compound exercises, but it was a good feeling :-)
pfm721 07:39 AM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by DBall:
Are you doinng the Stronglifts 5x5 workout? I just saw that last week and tried it, although instead of breaking it up into 2 separate workouts, I figured I could do both days work at once (squat/bench/barbell rows/overhead press/deads). Any reason you think that would be a bad idea? I definitely felt it from doing so many compound exercises, but it was a good feeling :-)
I am in fact doing the stronglifts 5x5. As far as combining the workouts goes, muscle fatigue and time are the first two concerns that come to mind. But, no reason you couldn't modify it to fit your schedule. Yeah the workout has been good so far. My wife is even doing the program with me.
DBall 08:26 AM 03-11-2013
I am in fact doing the stronglifts 5x5. As far as combining the workouts goes, muscle fatigue and time are the first two concerns that come to mind. But, no reason you couldn't modify it to fit your schedule. Yeah the workout has been good so far. My wife is even doing the program with me.

I found that adding the additional 2 exercises only takes about 10 more minutes, and I felt like I was hitting all different muscles throughout. Brutal, though... very different from the Chest/Tri - Back/Bi type exercise days I've been doing for so long
the nub 11:41 AM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by DBall:
I found that adding the additional 2 exercises only takes about 10 more minutes, and I felt like I was hitting all different muscles throughout. Brutal, though... very different from the Chest/Tri - Back/Bi type exercise days I've been doing for so long
JMHO if you are doing 5x5 deads, bench and squat on the same day you either need to back off intensity or risk CNS burnout.
pfm721 11:50 AM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by the nub:
JMHO if you are doing 5x5 deads, bench and squat on the same day you either need to back off intensity or risk CNS burnout.
Only 1x5 on Deads.
Adriftpanda 04:40 PM 03-11-2013
Chest today.

4x5 on flat bench
4x10 db incline
4x15,12,10,6 on cable flys

played some ball and then went back to finish it off with some triceps.

cable pull downs
skull crushers
dips 3x to failure

3rd day training session with mesomorph and it's still working like a charm.
icehog3 05:11 PM 03-11-2013
Think I will try and pick up some Mesomorph in the next couple days, Huy.

Bis and Tris today....supersetted barbell curls and skullcrushers, kept the weight static and dropped the rest between supersets 20 seconds each round until I had 20 seconds rest between the last 2 supersets....my arms were jacked.
Adriftpanda 05:36 PM 03-11-2013
Nice! Love the feeling when my arms are full.

If there are no place that sells meso near your area, I can grab you one and hand it to you in a couple weeks :-)
icehog3 06:22 PM 03-11-2013
I appreciate it Huy, but I checked FitRX.com, and they have it...and their retail store is less than a mile from my house. :-)
Adriftpanda 07:47 PM 03-11-2013
Even better. Good deal brother
DBall 06:49 AM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by the nub:
Only 1x5 on Deads.
Correct... it's 5x5 on everything, but deads are only 1x5
icehog3 10:55 AM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Just throw a scoop and half into my shaker, with about 6oz of water. Down it and then throw in my bcaa for my workouts.

If you guys are in the market for a new pwo, I highly suggest trying this out. Price point, it's typical around 35-40 bucks.
Picked up the Mesomorph today after my workout, Huy.....$20.

Sign up for e-mails from FitRX.com, they send out at least one general "free shipping" e-mail a month as well.

Shoulders and abs today, went heavy and kept sets low....Military press, close(r) grip seated military press, and abs. Doing back tomorrow, and saved traps to throw in with back. I will be giving the Mesomorph a test run tomorrow as well.
MarkinAZ 01:27 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sign up for e-mails from FitRX.com, they send out at least one general "free shipping" e-mail a month as well.
Thanks for the web page Tom. Looks like some good prices here...:-)
icehog3 02:03 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Thanks for the web page Tom. Looks like some good prices here...:-)
Best prices on a lot of stuff, Mark, especially when you wait for the free shipping.
Adriftpanda 01:12 AM 03-13-2013
Decided to take my frustration out today on my back. Went ham on back, heavy but made sure I did at least 6-8 reps with everything. Back felt great.

Gotta get up early tomorrow, so getting my leg day in early in the am. May try to keep it for reps.
Page 321 of 350
« First < 221271311319320321 322323331 > Last »
Up