Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 32 of 38
« First < 22303132 3334 > Last »
Sports>MLB 2012 Thread
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:50 PM 10-12-2012
Think about how bad of a World Series it would be if it was Yankees vs Giants:-):-)
688sonarmen 10:54 PM 10-12-2012
Unreal...

The Nats had a GREAT season and while I'm not sure if this tops last year it's bittersweet to see it go down in D.C like that.
icehog3 11:00 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Hoping to see Tigers vs Cards WS.
I 'd love a repeat of 1968! :-)

2006, not so much. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:01 PM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I 'd love a repeat of 1968! :-)

2006, not so much. :-)
Yeah 06 was not so good for the Tigers:-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 11:03 PM 10-12-2012
06 was crazy though Tom. Tigers were stacked and my pick to win for sure. The Cards just went into that series and surprised everyone.
jonumberone 06:34 AM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Interested in a little action? :-)

:-)
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yup.
5er for the series? Or would you like to up the stakes? You decide.
Just so you know up front, I don't have any mini monsters to send you if you win! :-)

Fun fact I heard on the radio yesterday: This was the first time the Yankees got out of the first round since 2001, when they didn't play the Twins

It will be nice to play the Tigers in a 7 game series instead of 5.
I don't know if the Yanks announced their rotation yet, but I expect they will throw CC, on short rest in game 3, opposite Verlander.
This will set up CC and Justin to pitch game 7, on full rest.

Can't wait for tonight!
kelmac07 09:55 AM 10-13-2012
How in the hell do you blow a 6-0 lead at home?? :-) :-)
CigarSquid 10:16 AM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
How in the hell do you blow a 6-0 lead at home?? :-) :-)
I changed the TV when it was 6-4. Thinking I wouldn't miss anything. Wife said turn it back..

Seen the high lights.. Thought the same thing...
icehog3 10:29 AM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
5er for the series? Or would you like to up the stakes? You decide.
Just so you know up front, I don't have any mini monsters to send you if you win! :-)

Fun fact I heard on the radio yesterday: This was the first time the Yankees got out of the first round since 2001, when they didn't play the Twins

It will be nice to play the Tigers in a 7 game series instead of 5.
I don't know if the Yanks announced their rotation yet, but I expect they will throw CC, on short rest in game 3, opposite Verlander.
This will set up CC and Justin to pitch game 7, on full rest.

Can't wait for tonight!
5'er works for me, Dom, making the stakes too high sometimes takes the fun out of it for me. I'd rather it be about my team than cigars. :-)

It is CC Vs. Justin for Game 3 in Detroit.

Tigers are:
Fister
Sanchez
Verlander
Scherzer
Fister
Sanchez
Verlander

NYY are:
Petitte
TBD
CC
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD (right, lol)
jonumberone 10:50 AM 10-13-2012
Fiver it is! :-)

Let's go Yanks!!
jonumberone 11:11 AM 10-13-2012
The way the Yanks set up the rotation may be what makes or breaks this series.
CC has to go 3 and 7.
Do you go Andy 1 and 5? 1 and 6?
Kuroda game 2 on short rest and game 6 full rest? Or pitch him game 4?
If Kuroda doesn't go game 2, who does?

If it were up to me
Andy
Lowe
CC
Kuroda
Hughes
Andy
CC

Figure game 2 some combination of Lowe and phelps getting the yanks thru 5 and heavy bullpen after that. Girardi can lean on the pen game 2 with an off day after.

I really didn't care about the ALDS starting on the road, but forcing the #1 seed to not have an off day, and thus have to use 5 starters, when their opponent only has to use 4, is a huge disadvantage.
It allows the Tigers to carry an extra arm in their pen.
I'm not gonna ***** too much because the Yanks had the opportunity to win game 4, and avoid this, but they still got a bit of a raw deal.
shilala 11:37 AM 10-13-2012
So, last night I'm talking to Davey Johnson through the tv right after Descalso ties the game, "Storen's got nothing, brother. You gotta bring in a pitcher just to break momentum." I figured a trip to the mound would have got it done if he wanted to stay with Storen, but he already used up his trip.
I really didn't think Storen couldn't get it done, but after seeing the look on Beltran's face earlier, I knew the Cards weren't the least bit afraid of him after seeing him two nights previous.
Then Kozma carries his balls of steel to the plate, game over.
What an awesome game. I'm still excited about it, and I couldn't get to sleep till 4:00 in the morning thinking about it.
This postseason has been incredible, to say the least. :-)
Ahbroody 12:10 PM 10-13-2012
Was tough to see As knocked out. Really thought they would will themselves. Not a Yankee fan, but can't cheer for Tigers. Hope the Giants can take out the birds.
icehog3 01:05 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Was tough to see As knocked out. Really thought they would will themselves. Not a Yankee fan, but can't cheer for Tigers. Hope the Giants can take out the birds.
Sure ya can...just give it a little go. :-)
CigarSquid 09:38 PM 10-13-2012
I am rooting for the Tigers.. But if they give this game up.. It may be the first time in my life I root for the Yankees. They had better find a new closer.. He screwed game 4 in Oakland as well.
Mattso3000 09:43 PM 10-13-2012
Wow...come on Tigers you're killing me.
Gophernut 10:08 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I hear ya. I just can't bring myself to root for either team. I just don't think I can root for the Tigers, and I know I can't root for the Yankees. Oh well, one of these teams can lose to whichever NL team makes it to the World Series.:-)
Mattso3000 10:15 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
I hear ya. I just can't bring myself to root for either team. I just don't think I can root for the Tigers, and I know I can't root for the Yankees. Oh well, one of these teams can lose to whichever NL team makes it to the World Series.:-)
Can't say Im rooting for the Tigers...I guess I just hate them a little less than the yankees.
Gophernut 10:18 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Can't say Im rooting for the Tigers...I guess I just hate them a little less than the yankees.
That does about sum it up. But the difference between the two teams to me is very small. Almost undefinable...
CigarSquid 10:27 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
:-)
Page 32 of 38
« First < 22303132 3334 > Last »
Up