Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 32 of 60
« First < 22303132 333442 > Last »
Sports>Being a Hockey Parent
Ahbroody 02:17 PM 11-21-2011
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
I bought a tron basic(1pc) and a Sherwood RM7 shaft, from a friend for $40. He put my blade on for me. The Aluminum was gifted to me from a teamate. The blade is shattered, and just fell out, so we'll see.

Let me know how the tron stick plays. Been looking at grabbing one just to fug with. People say its made by a large manufacturer just rebadged. Mid upper level sticks usually. Got a monkey order coming today. Suprisingly they had everything in stock. Normally they are horrible. Apparently its also arriving today. For instate they are using a small carrier instead of UPS as they take 5-7 days even on instate stuff.

Use that metal stick to snap someone's composite if they go game 7.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:31 AM 11-23-2011
so we live across the street from the school. The delivery company delivered our package of hockey gear to the school. :-)

today Micah worked on transitions and some body position concepts after school on blades for over an hour in the garage, then went to ice practice, got home and he wanted to work on transitions and one timers in the garage. Had to force him out of the Garage to get ready for bed. Had to promise we would work on stuff tomorrow, He has the ice jamboree this weekend on Fri and Sat, and the roller tourney on Sunday and he is showing a lot of drive to try to be the best he can. Its cute to hear him talk about this weekend.
[Reply]
J0eybb 10:29 AM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Let me know how the tron stick plays.

So far so good. I heard a few guys talking about them yesterday, the pro guys at roller are sponsered by them. One of them said they have been snapping like twigs. I'm two games in, and it looks like I have had it a lot longer.

I think I'll use the Aluminum one to keep my hood open... :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 04:00 PM 11-23-2011
2 exhibition games this evening. Varsity against the Jr. Grizzlies, JV against the Regulators.

Let the weekend begin!
[Reply]
Eleven 09:30 PM 11-23-2011
Our boys usually have practice on Thursday, but obviously this week it was different. The coach scheduled practice for tonight. It seems no one had ice time scheduled for the slot after our coach had, so our boys had a 2:-)0 practice tonight.

We thought that 1 hour and 20 minutes was a long practice, but 2 hours a 20 minutes straight? freaking insane.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 10:43 AM 11-25-2011
Up at 6am to drive 40 min to the jamboree. Just got off the ice after playing 2 games. Get to feed the kid then two more games this afternoon. Working tonight.
Tomorrow 3 games but we don't start till 11. Will post some pics, but I need a telescopic lens. Can't get any great photos.

Had my first ever **** talking parent incident. Micah and a couple of the boys are pretty good skaters and will often pull spinoramas to get around kids. This mom from Stockton ( known for its crime and violence) starts chirping apparently after her son got skinned that the boy should take up figure skating. I responded "wow mom of the year chirping a 7 year old for being a good skater." I also reminded her they were little kids and she may want to settle down. She did not appear happy with my comments, but did shut down the trash talking. Who the hell trash talks little kids? Worst of all she trash talked a kid for having great skating skill. Wasn't my kid, but it was frustrating to see.
[Reply]
E.J. 12:35 PM 11-25-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Our boys usually have practice on Thursday, but obviously this week it was different. The coach scheduled practice for tonight. It seems no one had ice time scheduled for the slot after our coach had, so our boys had a 2:-)0 practice tonight.

We thought that 1 hour and 20 minutes was a long practice, but 2 hours a 20 minutes straight? freaking insane.
Bet the kids slept well that night....:-)

Up at 6am to drive 40 min to the jamboree. Just got off the ice after playing 2 games. Get to feed the kid then two more games this afternoon. Working tonight.
Tomorrow 3 games but we don't start till 11. Will post some pics, but I need a telescopic lens. Can't get any great photos.

Had my first ever **** talking parent incident. Micah and a couple of the boys are pretty good skaters and will often pull spinoramas to get around kids. This mom from Stockton ( known for its crime and violence) starts chirping apparently after her son got skinned that the boy should take up figure skating. I responded "wow mom of the year chirping a 7 year old for being a good skater." I also reminded her they were little kids and she may want to settle down. She did not appear happy with my comments, but did shut down the trash talking. Who the hell trash talks little kids? Worst of all she trash talked a kid for having great skating skill. Wasn't my kid, but it was frustrating to see.
Busy 2 days, Mike..... How are the kids doing? Unfortunately, at this point, nothing....and I mean nothing, coming out of parents mouths at youth sporting events surprises me anymore.... :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 12:36 PM 11-25-2011
Just finished 1:45 of stick and puck with the kids, going through the pics from Wednesday night.... Will photo bomb shortly.....
[Reply]
E.J. 01:19 PM 11-25-2011
Because of numbers, he got a regular shift with the Varsity.....though he played forward.

JV wore the whites, but he left his dark socks on. Back to D....

The Little One gets ready to send the boys on the ice...

Slapshot in warmups...

[Reply]
E.J. 01:24 PM 11-25-2011

Getting a little love from his goalie after some solid D....

2 games and done for the night....

[Reply]
taltos 01:43 PM 11-25-2011
Let me know how the tron stick plays. Been looking at grabbing one just to fug with. People say its made by a large manufacturer just rebadged. Mid upper level sticks usually. Got a monkey order coming today. Suprisingly they had everything in stock. Normally they are horrible. Apparently its also arriving today. For instate they are using a small carrier instead of UPS as they take 5-7 days even on instate stuff.

I have been using the Tron basic goalie stick to play in an over 50 league. The stick is heavy but I like that because it has a very controlled flex which is nice when trying to control a stick save. I have had a couple shatter when hit with a very heavy slap shot or one timer. I want to try their chest protectors and leg pads, both need to be replaced and Tron seems to have very nice pricing and shipping costs. It is kind of funny that California seems to have more hockey super stores than the home of hockey in New England. The Tron sticks remind me of Koho sticks if that helps on the rebadging. Both are heavy, very well made and very flex controlled.:-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 08:34 PM 11-27-2011
The hockey weekend from hell ended at about 4pm today.

Today micah played Jesus on the inhouse team put together for the norcal cup roller tourney. They lost the championship 9-2. Micah had a goal and the assist on the second goal in the championship. They got smoked. Was proud of him. He knew they were going to lose and killed himself trying to keep the game competitive. The kids got to win some games and had a great time. I was proud he played a part in making kids have a good time and win. There were some big smiles out there.

Ice hockey mite jamboree Friday and Saturday. The team won the jamboree against the Stockton team mentioned before. Micah scored 3 of his teams 9 goals and had a few assists in the championship game per my dad who was there. Put the puck in the net a lot in the last 3 days.

Will see if any of the pictures from ice turned out okay.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:20 PM 11-28-2011
One of the parents took this pick. Micah is off the goalies left shoulder.
[Reply]
E.J. 01:32 PM 11-28-2011
GREAT STUFF, Mike! Tell Micah great job!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 12:54 PM 11-29-2011
Today only 20% off totalhockey.com when u like them on Facebook. So broke so want to buy.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:17 PM 11-30-2011
Heading to the rink in 45 minutes.... These 9:15 PM games on a worknight are not my favorite....
[Reply]
Ahbroody 01:25 PM 12-01-2011
That sucks.

Ordered the Reebok 10k backpack for the boy. Mom wants him to have a rolling back as he needs to carry his own stuff. Dad likes the backpack for rinks with stairs.
[Reply]
E.J. 05:23 PM 12-02-2011
Today - Practice Little One @ 5:00, Game Little Man @ 7:15 10 miles away. Tomorrow - Game Little One 11:30 AM, Game Little Man 12:00 120 miles away, Sunday Game Little Man 12:00..... Here we go!!!
[Reply]
E.J. 03:14 PM 12-03-2011
1-2 in games so far..... Jr. Varsity team is REALLY struggling(2 losses).... Apparently the Little Man played a good, physical game today, but they still lost. Outscored 8-2 in their 2 games, LM is a +2....:-)

On a brighter note, the Little One found the back of the net 5 times today.... They don't keep score with the Mites, but I do.... WIN...:-)

[Reply]
E.J. 03:15 PM 12-03-2011
[Reply]
Page 32 of 60
« First < 22303132 333442 > Last »
Up