Page 32 of 350
« First < 22303132 33344282132 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
zemekone 11:50 AM 12-14-2008
:-)
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
When it comes to grip strength check out www.sorinex.com

For Grip work I like the actual grip weights called "the blob"
I like the blob slot better then the grippers too, thanks dave...
Mugen910 12:32 PM 12-14-2008
afternoon gym rats...Just got back from a 5k race in somerville, ma. It was cold but fun..everyone running had either a santa hat on or something Xmas on. :-)
Chris. 02:11 PM 12-14-2008
Great links big frank! I definitely want to develop my yoke more. I hate how small it is.
icehog3 03:16 PM 12-14-2008
Didn't have a lot of gas in the gym today, but I went through the routine and did the best I could for a low-energy day.
zonedar 01:59 PM 12-15-2008
So yesterday was chest/triceps day. Was over at the inclined bench and was setting some DBs down in front of it to get ready. Twink... Back... Ouch... Not bad, though. Didn't think much of it and did the rest of the workout, no problem. Today I'm walking around shaped like a '?'.

Don't you hate it when you tweak your back in the gym. I mean the irony...
GhostRyder 03:03 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
afternoon gym rats...Just got back from a 5k race in somerville, ma. It was cold but fun..everyone running had either a santa hat on or something Xmas on. :-)
Cool deal. I love getting out there and just running for fun. My last 3 mile (I know not a true 5k) for our PFT was pretty solid, so I'm thinkin about signing up for a 5k after Christmas Break is over. Although, I'm tempted to go all out again and run another marathon. It was so rewarding this first time around.
BigFrank 03:25 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by zonedar:
So yesterday was chest/triceps day. Was over at the inclined bench and was setting some DBs down in front of it to get ready. Twink... Back... Ouch... Not bad, though. Didn't think much of it and did the rest of the workout, no problem. Today I'm walking around shaped like a '?'.

Don't you hate it when you tweak your back in the gym. I mean the irony...
or when you smash your hand on a barbell because some hot chick caught your eye during warmups. LOL

Bench Day
Bench-380x5 - 400x3 - 415x2( 3rd rep I had nothing coming out of the bottom ) this has been happening a lot recently.
Dips-Bodyweight+100x5x2 - +100x9
Abs 100 crunches
Treadmill crap 15 minutes.
DavenportESQ 03:40 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Didn't have a lot of gas in the gym today, but I went through the routine and did the best I could for a low-energy day.
These are often the days when most gains are made.
BigFrank 03:41 PM 12-15-2008
These are often the days when most gains are made.
agreed, whenever I go into the gym feeling like im going to do well I usually disappoint myself. But on days when I feel like crap I usual hit a new PR.
DavenportESQ 03:44 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
or when you smash your hand on a barbell because some hot chick caught your eye during warmups. LOL

Bench Day
Bench-380x5 - 400x3 - 415x2( 3rd rep I had nothing coming out of the bottom ) this has been happening a lot recently.
Dips-Bodyweight+100x5x2 - +100x9
Abs 100 crunches
Treadmill crap 15 minutes.
Bigfrank did you cut this workout short? Doesn't seem like a lot for a normal bench day? 10 work reps isn't that much volume? Curious as to what type of training you are doing?
Mugen910 04:18 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by GhostRyder:
Cool deal. I love getting out there and just running for fun. My last 3 mile (I know not a true 5k) for our PFT was pretty solid, so I'm thinkin about signing up for a 5k after Christmas Break is over. Although, I'm tempted to go all out again and run another marathon. It was so rewarding this first time around.
That's what I'm hoping for brother..I'd like to run the Boston again...:-)

I'm just chillin' out in the house till the gf gets home..then off to the gym and see if I can handle BigFrank's regiment. :-)
BigFrank 04:44 PM 12-15-2008
Bigfrank did you cut this workout short? Doesn't seem like a lot for a normal bench day? 10 work reps isn't that much volume? Curious as to what type of training you are doing?
I am following a low volume high intensity format. Lately Ive been doing a little more than I should. This last wave, all max effort, I am trying to do less volume. I count the dips as a pressing supplement to bench. I could have done a little more, but the program doesnt really call for it. I think i made a post awhile back about the program I am following. If not I can always repost it. Going to give this program another wave, then thinking about running sheiko for 1 cycle.
King James 05:03 PM 12-15-2008
good upper body workout today then had to help stack wood back @ home.
zonedar 05:24 PM 12-15-2008
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
or when you smash your hand on a barbell because some hot chick caught your eye during warmups.
That doesn't bother me so much anymore. :-)
Mugen910 08:07 AM 12-16-2008
Last night was a good workout night..

Chest
Triceps
Biceps

I need to start bringing a note pad to jot down my progress. :-)
icehog3 11:04 AM 12-16-2008
Last night was a good workout night..

Chest
Triceps
Biceps

I need to start bringing a note pad to jot down my progress. :-)
Keep kickin' arse, Bao!

I am headed for a chest and back torture session shortly.
Mugen910 11:10 AM 12-16-2008
Keep kickin' arse, Bao!

I am headed for a chest and back torture session shortly.
Have fun Tom..

Tonight = 3miler...

hmm...Ravioli for lunch. :-)

I kind of understand the multi-vitamin and joint supplement thing but
uhm..whey protein is for post workout to help rebuild muscles?
icehog3 11:47 AM 12-16-2008
Have fun Tom..

Tonight = 3miler...

hmm...Ravioli for lunch. :-)

I kind of understand the multi-vitamin and joint supplement thing but
uhm..whey protein is for post workout to help rebuild muscles?
Whey gets into the system faster than most proteins, so it is recommended to have some whey protein right after the workout to start recovery and rebuilding faster.
Mugen910 11:52 AM 12-16-2008
Whey gets into the system faster than most proteins, so it is recommended to have some whey protein right after the workout to start recovery and rebuilding faster.
:-) thanks :-)
King James 01:34 PM 12-16-2008
legs today after a good upper body workout yesterday
Page 32 of 350
« First < 22303132 33344282132 > Last »
Up