Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 32 of 54
« First < 22303132 333442 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
The Professor 05:39 PM 07-03-2010
I'm sure AT&T ol'timers already know this; but I just found out tonight. If you're on certain plans (e.g., the Family 1400 plan that I'm on), you've got a feature called "A-List," which lets you specify up to 10 numbers (landline or cell) for unlimited talk time. As such, I was able to add folks like my parents, the DrMS's parents, and a few different friends who aren't on AT&T ... and now we'll get unlimited talk time with them. :-)

Just wanted to share as an AT&T newbie.
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:32 AM 07-04-2010
:-) my phone is now in Memphis....getting antsy lol
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:37 AM 07-04-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I'm sure AT&T ol'timers already know this; but I just found out tonight. If you're on certain plans (e.g., the Family 1400 plan that I'm on), you've got a feature called "A-List," which lets you specify up to 10 numbers (landline or cell) for unlimited talk time. As such, I was able to add folks like my parents, the DrMS's parents, and a few different friends who aren't on AT&T ... and now we'll get unlimited talk time with them. :-)

I've been with AT&T for several years and just found this a couple of months ago. It has been saving me 500-600 minutes a month!!!
[Reply]
The Professor 09:59 AM 07-04-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I've been with AT&T for several years and just found this a couple of months ago. It has been saving me 500-600 minutes a month!!!
Yeah ... it's going to save us a TON. Basically, all of the people we talk to regularly who happen to not be on AT&T are now on our A-List. We're going to be rolling over a ridiculous number of minutes. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 10:03 AM 07-04-2010
Never heard if it and have been with AT&T since the 3G. Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
The Professor 10:07 AM 07-04-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Never heard if it and have been with AT&T since the 3G. Thanks for the heads up.
It's only certain plans -- 1400 Family plan and up, not sure about the individual plans.
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:33 PM 07-04-2010
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
:-) my phone is now in Memphis....getting antsy lol
:-) leaving Memphis now. Kinda surprised they are still moving packages on a Sunday. It's getting closer!!
[Reply]
rack04 07:57 PM 07-04-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:

I just wished the offered the A List in the 700 minute plan. With the A List, unlimited mobile to mobile, and unlimited nights and weekends my wife and I never use more than 500 minutes.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 04:05 AM 07-05-2010
I noticed an app for Sirius radio. I have Sirius on a couple of different receivers and pay something like $10 a month for them. The app based one is $2.99. If I use it though will that be considered "data?" If it is I imagine I could run up quite the bill.
[Reply]
The Professor 06:22 AM 07-05-2010
I noticed an app for Sirius radio. I have Sirius on a couple of different receivers and pay something like $10 a month for them. The app based one is $2.99. If I use it though will that be considered "data?" If it is I imagine I could run up quite the bill.
If you're streaming it on the 3G network, it would be "data." If you streamed it on a wifi network, it would not count against your 3G data cap.
[Reply]
smitdavi 09:03 AM 07-06-2010
:-) Syncing now :-)
[Reply]
aich75013 09:17 AM 07-06-2010
:-)
One just got delivered.

The other is still: On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Why they would deliver them separately, I have no idea.
[Reply]
smitdavi 07:18 PM 07-06-2010
Had a nice little surprise today. Hooked up the new iPhone to sync and get a nasty little message saying "iphone not compatible with this OSX version. Needs 10.5.8 to work". Was kind of pissed because it works on every version of windows but Apple is screwing their own people. I can't upgrade to 10.5.8 because it requires and intel processor and I'm running 10.4.11 on the last PPC they made before they switched over to the intel chips. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it wouldn't be compatible with my computer. Oh well.....was able to activate it with Katie's computer, I just wont' be able to put any music on it until we buy that new desktop we've been eyeing. Usually I am a big defender of Apple but today I was really HOT!
[Reply]
jaydub13 07:52 PM 07-07-2010
It sure is, as is XM radio and Pandora. Here's a frame of reference for you: I had a customer who used XM radio at his desk to the tune of 40hrs a week. Comes out to about 7-8GB of data a month. For those with unlimited, no sweat. For those without, as was said earlier, go with WiFi. Actually a surprising number of apps use data. The iPhone is a data HOG.
[Reply]
The Professor 04:23 PM 07-09-2010
my wife's out of town for a few days. we're doing some redecorating, which (of course) I've been put in charge of implementing; but I ran into some issues with the proposed changes (i.e., they weren't possible). knowing that a simple explanation wouldn't do, I was able to *show* her using FaceTime. very cool. :-) it was also neat, of course, to be able to talk to her "face-to-face" from a thousand miles away.
[Reply]
AD720 04:27 PM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
Had a nice little surprise today. Hooked up the new iPhone to sync and get a nasty little message saying "iphone not compatible with this OSX version. Needs 10.5.8 to work". Was kind of pissed because it works on every version of windows but Apple is screwing their own people. I can't upgrade to 10.5.8 because it requires and intel processor and I'm running 10.4.11 on the last PPC they made before they switched over to the intel chips. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that it wouldn't be compatible with my computer. Oh well.....was able to activate it with Katie's computer, I just wont' be able to put any music on it until we buy that new desktop we've been eyeing. Usually I am a big defender of Apple but today I was really HOT!
I was pretty sure that 10.5 (Leopard) does work with PPC processors, it's 10.6 (Snow Leopard) that is Intel only...

Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" was released on October 26, 2007. It was called by Apple "the largest update of Mac OS X". It brought more than 300 new features.[86] Leopard supports both PowerPC- and Intel x86-based Macintosh computers; support for the G3 processor was dropped and the G4 processor required a minimum clock rate of 867 MHz, and at least 512 MB of RAM to be installed. The single DVD works for all supported Macs (including 64-bit machines). New features include a new look, an updated Finder, Time Machine, Spaces, Boot Camp[87] full support for 64-bit applications (including graphical applications), new features in Mail and iChat, and a number of new security features. Leopard is an Open Brand UNIX 03 registered product on the Intel platform. It was also the first BSD-based OS to receive UNIX 03 certification.[3][88] Leopard dropped support for the Classic Environment and all Classic applications.[89] pre-installed,
It was the final version of Mac OS X to support the PowerPC architecture.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 05:34 PM 07-09-2010
I have 10.5.8 on my Mac G4 ppc with no issues.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:27 PM 07-09-2010
Wife got the iPhone 4 today. I think she is more excited about the flash for the camera than anything else.

I can't decide whether or not to get the black version this week when it comes in or the white version at the end of the month (or later if I can't get one when they come out).
[Reply]
The Professor 08:51 AM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Wife got the iPhone 4 today. I think she is more excited about the flash for the camera than anything else.

I can't decide whether or not to get the black version this week when it comes in or the white version at the end of the month (or later if I can't get one when they come out).
Just know this, some cases eff up the flash. For example, the Griffen Reveal (black sides, clear back with cutouts for the flash and lens) refracts the light in such a way that it washes out every picture using the flash.
[Reply]
Chingas 09:17 AM 07-10-2010
Good call Dokk. I went with a skin from ZAGG. It keeps the profile slim, lasts a long time and all the cutouts are perfect. Had one on my last iPhone and lived it. Just my double penny worth of insight.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 54
« First < 22303132 333442 > Last »
Up