Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 32 of 53
« First < 22303132 333442 > Last »
Sports>The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thread
theycallmedan'lboone 08:34 AM 02-13-2009
thanks but no thanks.

It would appear that Nando torres has made it through the international week without an injury... PL teams... beware. Joe does this mean I should/not pick him up? If I am to catch you in our little fantasy league?
[Reply]
Lumpold 12:05 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
thanks but no thanks.

It would appear that Nando torres has made it through the international week without an injury... PL teams... beware. Joe does this mean I should/not pick him up? If I am to catch you in our little fantasy league?
it would seem he did, but then he didn't exactly go full whack for the game, I reckon he's still not entirely match fit. Let's hope Dirk 'Sloth' Kuyt puts the head back on his chicken, and gets the running sorted out.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 05:46 PM 02-13-2009
so what happened to Torres?? I haven't been paying attention to Liverpool as I am a Man U supporter. But he did score on one hell of a header this week.
[Reply]
Lumpold 07:24 PM 02-13-2009
Nothing happened to Torres, but to me he didn't look all that close to match fit...
[Reply]
pnoon 07:25 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
. . . I am a Man U supporter.
I've banned people for less. :-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:44 AM 02-14-2009
so what happened to Torres?? I haven't been paying attention to Liverpool as I am a Man U supporter. But he did score on one hell of a header this week.
we'll try not to hold it against you...:-):-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 08:05 AM 02-14-2009
sorry, can't help it. I have been a fan of them since i lived Europe. :-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:32 PM 02-14-2009
we won't hold it against you.....;-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:50 PM 02-14-2009
sorry, can't help it. I have been a fan of them since i lived Europe. :-)
and it's a good thing.

where in Europe did you live?
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:08 PM 02-14-2009
i lived in Germany for 6 years. played soccer all over there place there and followed my brother while he played in highschool there. great times.

So much, my wife and i went there for two weeks on our honeymoon two summers ago. damn i want to go back there again.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:18 AM 02-15-2009
next time, have a stopover in Amsterdam and herf :-) oh, I see VA, well, I will be in VA in may and there is a Richmond herf that day (hint hint)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 08:17 AM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
next time, have a stopover in Amsterdam and herf :-) oh, I see VA, well, I will be in VA in may and there is a Richmond herf that day (hint hint)
the plan is to get a job over there in a few years and live there for a few. I loved growing up there and would go back in a heartbeat.

I am hoping to make it to the HERF in Richmond. Should be good times.

But back to soccer. Man U or Derby today????? Who's going to win. We all know who i am rooting for. :-)
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 05:07 PM 02-15-2009
umm I'm just guessing here, but I think the man u reserves would beat derby
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:05 PM 02-15-2009
yeah, it was 4-1 with about 6 other attempts blocked or just not finished.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:21 AM 02-16-2009
there was a more important game yesterday, Ajax Amsterdam vs Feyenoord Rotterdam, the one and only true classic match we have in Holland. Ajax won (offcourse) 2-0 and hit the post 4 times.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:34 AM 02-16-2009
nice. i ended up watching the AC vs Inter game last night. 2-1 inter winning. great game
[Reply]
Partagaspete 07:42 AM 02-16-2009
yeah, it was 4-1 with about 6 other attempts blocked or just not finished.
Should have been 5-1 as Ronaldo was not off sides. What a late offsides flag that was.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:26 AM 02-16-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
Should have been 5-1 as Ronaldo was not off sides. What a late offsides flag that was.
I think the linesmen felt sorry for them, it was pretty close either way

I thought Ronaldo's celebration on his header was... amusing, although I thought he looked retarded until I realized why he was doing that :-)
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 12:07 PM 02-16-2009
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
The main problem with you adding Torres is that every time you add a Liverpool player to your team they immediately stop scoring goals. This would then not only doom your team, but also Liverpool. On another note, I think he is going to keep scoring goals, so it may only doom me.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:38 PM 02-16-2009
well it's too late, I done it. same day nick anelka scores a hat trick in the FA cup.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 53
« First < 22303132 333442 > Last »
Up