Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 32 of 35
« First < 22303132 3334 > Last »
Sports>WHO DEY!!!! Bengals fans check in!!!!
chippewastud79 02:12 PM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Well Adam, I just won our bet. And to think every single person at Jungle Jim's called me crazy for saying they would win 8 games.
Bengals = Super Bowl! :-)

It was tough to know their schedule would be so weak, but then again, they are kind of like the Reds of 2 seasons ago, except they definitely can't compete in the division and likely won't make the playoffs. :-)

Well done by the Bengals on winnning 8 games against teams with a total of about 30 wins between them. They have yet to win a game against any one who is a contender, or anyone who they weren't supposed to beat. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:14 PM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Bengals = Super Bowl! :-)

It was tough to know their schedule would be so weak, but then again, they are kind of like the Reds of 2 seasons ago, except they definitely can't compete in the division and likely won't make the playoffs. :-)

Well done by the Bengals on winnning 8 games against teams with a total of about 30 wins between them. They have yet to win a game against any one who is a contender, or anyone who they weren't supposed to beat. :-)
Yep. You always gotta make some sort of excuse for a Cincinnati team winning. Just can't say, "Yep Dan, you beat me fair and square." I took a lot of ribbing when I took the bet.

Who-Dey!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:17 PM 12-18-2011
Yep. You always gotta make some sort of excuse for a team winning. Just can't say, "Yep Dan, you beat me fair and square." I took a lot of ribbing when I took the bet.

Who-Dey!
Oh yeah, you won. Congratulations. It doesn't change the fact that they play one of the weakest schedules in the NFL and can't beat a winning team. Heck, they probably lose that game today if Bradford is healthy. But they found a way to beat 8 really bad teams. Orange and black glasses mean the glass is forever full, I am sorry I am more of a realist and sports fan. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:19 PM 12-18-2011
...I am more of a realist and sports fan. :-)
It is a good thing you don't bet in Vegas. :-) I know some people dropping serious coin this pre-season betting the Bengals would win less than 8 games.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:20 PM 12-18-2011
It is a good thing you don't bet in Vegas. :-) I know some people dropping serious coin this pre-season betting the Bengals would win less than 8 games.
Looks like Vegas made a great line, since they are likely going to finish at 8-8. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:20 PM 12-18-2011
Looks like Vegas made a great line, since they are likely going to finish at 8-8. :-)
You think they will lose to Arizona? I don't know about us beating Baltimore, but Arizona isn't outstanding.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:32 PM 12-18-2011
You think they will lose to Arizona? I don't know about us beating Baltimore, but Arizona isn't outstanding.
Should they beat the Cardinals? Yes. Neither are the Rams and they held on to win that one because they were playing a QB who hadn't played in 4 years. Heck, the game winning TD drive had 40 yards in penalties to help them out. :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 03:07 PM 12-18-2011
WE NEED YOU GUYS TO BEAT BALTIMORE!! I am pretty sure you guys are still in the hunt for the playoffs especially since Tennessee lost today...still have lots to play for! Hopefully the Bengals can take care of Arizona next week and then finish off with a win over the Ravens!

Go Bengals! :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:36 PM 12-24-2011
WHO-DEY! WHO-DEY! WHO-DEY! WHO-DEY think gonna beat them Bengals? :-) :-) :-) :-)

And... the Jets lose! Now if we beat Baltimore, we are in the playoffs! :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:01 PM 12-25-2011
WHO-DEY! WHO-DEY! WHO-DEY! WHO-DEY think gonna beat them Bengals? (5 smilies)

And... the Jets lose! Now if we beat Baltimore, we are in the playoffs!
Thank God they are playing decent teams at their worst. Another gift from Santa for Bengals fans. Early Doucet falls down on the game tying touchdown. :-)

Huge 'IF' for the Bengals. Unfortunately they have to play the Ravens, who ARE playing for something or they stay home for the playoffs. Either way, 9-7 is a huge success considering they should have been 7-9 at best if any of the teams were playing decent when they had them on the schedule. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:22 AM 12-27-2011
...Another gift from Santa for Bengals fans. Early Doucet falls down on the game tying touchdown. :-)
Well, no one can claim that that is the reason why the Bengals won. If Pacman hadn't jumped in the air too early on one of the previous plays, we would have intercepted Skelton and the game would have been over.

It goes both ways. In the end, the better team prevailed :-)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 08:16 AM 12-27-2011
I can't believe what I heard on the radio there are 40 thousand tickets for sale,and the bengsls are doing a 2 for 1 sale.
Wish I lived closer :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:00 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I can't believe what I heard on the radio there are 40 thousand tickets for sale,and the bengsls are doing a 2 for 1 sale.
Gotta be a season ticket holder to get the buy one get one free :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:04 PM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Bengals have a shot at the playoffs and the 'fans' won't go, but everyone will complain about not being able to watch it on TV. :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 06:07 PM 12-27-2011
It would sure be nice to see you guys win on Sunday! I will be pulling for you guys!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:11 PM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
It would sure be nice to see you guys win on Sunday! I will be pulling for you guys!
Do the Ravens have a winning record? :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:13 PM 12-27-2011
Bengals have a shot at the playoffs and the 'fans' won't go, but everyone will complain about not being able to watch it on TV. :-)
Since you played for Mike Brown, you know just as well as I do that no one wants to support Mike Brown's wallet and is tired of him not hiring a GM.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 06:20 PM 12-27-2011
Do the Ravens have a winning record? :-)
I wish they didn't...then we would have already wrapped up the division. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:20 PM 12-27-2011
Since you played for Mike Brown, you know just as well as I do that no one wants to support Mike Brown's wallet and is tired of him not hiring a GM.
When they were winning games the stadium was full, now a couple of bad seasons and no one wants to go even though they have a shot at the playoffs? :-)

I wouldn't give money to Mike Brown, but in a city as large as Cincinnati and the homers out there, I can never understand why everyone claims to be the biggest 'fans' of all these teams in the area, but no one ever goes to games. Same with the Reds, UC, Louisville, UK, OSU etc. etc. etc. :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:57 AM 12-28-2011
Looks like BOGO and half-price tickets ended up selling enough seats to get it on TV. Mike Brown wins. :-)
[Reply]
Page 32 of 35
« First < 22303132 3334 > Last »
Up