Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 31 of 45
« First < 21293031 323341 > Last »
Sports>NHL '13-'14 Season Thread
mk05 11:46 PM 04-30-2014
poor Sharks...just chokes every time.
icehog3 01:27 AM 05-01-2014
I was 5-0 going into the night in my pool. I ended the night 5-3. :-)

Jaw dropper from the Wild, Nino Neederweeder with a rocket.

Mike Richards becomes the 1st player in NHL history to play in 2 game 7s where his team game back from 0-3 to win a series.

Sharks are just a total disappointment.

Congrats to the Avs on one of the most amazing one season turnarounds in history, and to the Blue Sh!ts, Wild and Kings for moving on.
yourchoice 06:55 AM 05-01-2014
Always tough to lose a game 7. Bright side for the Flyers, Mason looked very good. Hopefully the Flyers finally have a goalie "Mr. Snyder" can be content with.

Good luck to those of you who have teams left in it... well, not really, just good luck to some of you. :-)
drjammer 07:22 AM 05-01-2014
Tough loss for the Avs and congrats to the Wild and their fans. Great season though and I look forward to October :-)
We have some great young talent and I see this team only getting better and better.

Now that my team is out of the playoffs I will be rooting on the Hawks and would love to see a repeat cup win for them!
Ahbroody 12:41 PM 05-01-2014
Sad looks like Mclellan is on the block. Should be Wilson for the contracts given to Marleau Thorton Havlatt and a few others. No trades and no one wants them anyways. Firing Mclellan wont fix anything. A coach cant give a player the heart of a champion.
icehog3 01:13 PM 05-01-2014
I like Doug Wilson, but signing Thornton and Marleau to contracts back in January was a mistake. No incentive or desperation in their play Vs the Kings....you know, the way a UFA might play. :-)
Bruins Fan 01:45 PM 05-01-2014
Sharks will never win jack with Dumbo Joe...best move the Bruins ever made giving him away and signing Chara:-)
icehog3 02:12 PM 05-01-2014
Thonton is one of the best playmakers in the NHL, John. I know the Bruins fans have a hard-on for him, but he is one of the most talented set-up men in the league. The Sharks have plenty of people to blame for their pants-sh!tting versus the Kings.
Bruins Fan 03:12 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thonton is one of the best playmakers in the NHL, John. I know the Bruins fans have a hard-on for him, but he is one of the most talented set-up men in the league. The Sharks have plenty of people to blame for their pants-sh!tting versus the Kings.
Minus 27 in the playoffs..one shot on goal in the last two games...Not a Prime Time Player:-)
icehog3 05:48 PM 05-01-2014
I don't think Marleau, Couture, Pavelski or Burns had a point in the last 3 games either, but I would take any of them over Looie Eriksson. :-)
CdnStogie 06:43 PM 05-01-2014
Oleeee ole ole oleeeee
mk05 06:51 PM 05-01-2014
How old is Super Joe again? How many points averaged per season? How many times is he double marked on the ice?
CdnStogie 08:28 PM 05-01-2014
It's getting interesting. Great game so far! Spoke too early above.
icehog3 12:18 AM 05-02-2014
What a game for P.K. Subban and Carey Price....could be a long series....
Bruins Fan 03:43 AM 05-02-2014
B's had more them enough opportunity's to put it away.the blown chances made me sick.
CdnStogie 05:36 AM 05-02-2014
Great first game. Price definitely was the star of the game and was thinking they were going to give it to PK.

Price was doing some goal defying saves, but he also let in two of the goals because he is not standing up - especially the 3rd that tied it up - He may as well been laying on the ice...

....But I am not here to bash him - only praise

See you Saturday!
icehog3 10:45 AM 05-02-2014
nutcracker 10:55 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by CdnStogie:
Great first game. Price definitely was the star of the game and was thinking they were going to give it to PK.

Price was doing some goal defying saves, but he also let in two of the goals because he is not standing up - especially the 3rd that tied it up - He may as well been laying on the ice...

....But I am not here to bash him - only praise

See you Saturday!
Agreed - Price stole that one - the number of incredible shots he snatched up! I thought the Habs were done after the two went in to equalize.
Tuukka's interview was interesting: "..when you suck you suck". Didn't think he was too bad, despite a couple of softies (esp the game winner).
If Price continues to play like that, they'll take this one.
AdamJoshua 10:56 AM 05-02-2014
I'd take Jumbo Joe back in a heartbeat, has always been one of my favorite players, he was just one of Horrible Harry Sinden's targets to blame for all of the Bruins woes, it's not one man that wins or loses a game, unless his name is Rask the Suck.

I still can't believe that they didn't call a roughing call on the punch to the face in front of the ref, but that's hockey for you, just have to move on to the next game and not dwell on it.
nutcracker 10:56 AM 05-02-2014
P.S - gotta fancy the Hawks for the cup now! The Big Bad Bruins are not invincible...
Page 31 of 45
« First < 21293031 323341 > Last »
Up