Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 31 of 37
« First < 21293031 3233 > Last »
Sports>Wait 'til Next Year...Cubbies Fans Unite!
Coop 07:47 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Let's pick a night to hit a Sox - Tigers game as the season begins. :-)

Tigers are also playing a 3 game series at Wrigley in June.
Bring your gun if your going to the Cell :-)
[Reply]
Coop 07:49 AM 01-06-2012
Zambrano is gone!!!!

Epstein is really making some changes. About damn time someone has done something for this team
[Reply]
icehog3 09:04 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Coop:
Been there lots of times, haven't been shot at yet. :-)

Zambrano is gone!!!!

Epstein is really making some changes. About damn time someone has done something for this team
Color me skeptical that this team is going to be anything but a doormat this season.
[Reply]
Coop 09:42 AM 01-06-2012
[quote=icehog3;1522617

Color me skeptical that this team is going to be anything but a doormat this season.[/QUOTE]

I think this year will be better without Zambrano, but they aren't going to make a huge difference this year. I say 3-5 years to build a new team that may be a contender.... i hope!!!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:47 PM 01-06-2012

I'll look at the schedule, and mine, and get back to you. I don't buy tickets until spring usually.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:54 PM 01-06-2012
Small price to pay to see a better team play:-)
As long as you don't dress and act like a typical Northsider yuppie cub fan, you'll have a blast:-) Just messin cause you're new here:-)
And I never have problems at the Cell, the area across the Dan may get pretty bad though.
[Reply]
Coop 01:05 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Small price to pay to see a better team play:-)
As long as you don't dress and act like a typical Northsider yuppie cub fan, you'll have a blast:-) Just messin cause you're new here:-)
And I never have problems at the Cell, the area across the Dan may get pretty bad though.
I was just being a smart a$$ like usual!!! I wish I was a yuppie driving a BMW drinking an $8 soy latte... Well not really as I think about!!!

I like the Cell. I still call it Comiskey from it originally being named that. I miss the original park. I spent many summers in the old park. I work on a property on Parnell. You can see the Cell from the front porch.

You think the Sox will do much without Buerhle? I was a pitcher for many years and always liked watching games he was pitching
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:16 PM 01-06-2012
I was just being a smart a$$ like usual!!! I wish I was a yuppie driving a BMW drinking an $8 soy latte... Well not really as I think about!!!

I like the Cell. I still call it Comiskey from it originally being named that. I miss the original park. I spent many summers in the old park. I work on a property on Parnell. You can see the Cell from the front porch.

You think the Sox will do much without Buerhle? I was a pitcher for many years and always liked watching games he was pitching
I call it both really, cell or old comiskey. Burls was a move I didn't like to see, but we had to do it. We still have a solid pitching rotation. One thing needed is a closer. I think the biggest factor for the Sox to have a good year is Dunn, Beckham and Rios having bounce back years. We have drastically improved our farm system thus far though, so we do have a pretty bright future.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:24 PM 01-06-2012
Rios might be the worst outfielder defensively I have ever seen, Nate. "Bounce" back might take on a whole new meaning. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:29 PM 01-06-2012
Rios might be the worst outfielder defensively I have ever seen, Nate. "Bounce" back might take on a whole new meaning. :-)
I don't know Tom, Juan Pierre is pretty friggin bad too:-) And for Dunn, he will need more than just a bounce back too, he'll need a complete overhaul:-) I wish we could dump him somewhere.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:34 PM 01-06-2012
I don't know Tom, Juan Pierre is pretty friggin bad too:-) And for Dunn, he will need more than just a bounce back too, he'll need a complete overhaul:-) I wish we could dump him somewhere.
The Cubs!!! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:36 PM 01-06-2012
The Cubs!!! :-)
:-)

That may be a good fit actually:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:39 PM 01-06-2012
:-)

That may be a good fit actually:-)
Which is more than you can say for his uniform.

Ba-dum. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:42 PM 01-06-2012
Which is more than you can say for his uniform.

Ba-dum. :-)
We have a few "hefty" guys:-). It's one thing to be a big player and perform, and then you have Dunn:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:42 PM 01-06-2012
We have a few "hefty" guys:-). It's one thing to be a big player and perform, and then you have Dunn:-)
He's no Prince, that's for sure.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:50 PM 01-06-2012
He's no Prince, that's for sure.
For sure. He was so damn bad last year. I hope his talents in the NL return to him next year. I wouldn't bet on it though.. He may never "get" what a DH is.
[Reply]
Whee 07:13 PM 01-06-2012

An extra special MoB herf I'm thinkin'.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:56 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
An extra special MoB herf I'm thinkin'.:-)

+

=

[Reply]
Whee 07:15 PM 01-07-2012
[Reply]
icehog3 07:19 PM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
[Reply]
Page 31 of 37
« First < 21293031 3233 > Last »
Up