Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 31 of 34
« First < 21293031 3233 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
KenS 11:15 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by Addiction:
It always is.

It could be worse, you could be doing it for a customer in which case it would be 10x harder.
As of yesterday's download report, I'm doing this for 3,000 customers :-)

(of course those are no longer paying customers :-))
[Reply]
Addiction 11:52 AM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by KenS:

Thats very true.
[Reply]
0002S 12:07 PM 01-25-2010

Thank you...:-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 05:48 PM 02-04-2010
Ken Bought App a few days ago. Love it! Question- Can I add cigars that are not in already and how?
If I missed answer in thread sorry didn't go through all 31pages.
Thank You
[Reply]
Addiction 11:11 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by RPmark:
Ken Bought App a few days ago. Love it! Question- Can I add cigars that are not in already and how?
Thank You
Need to add a new brand, click the plus at bottom right.

Need to add a new stick in a brand, its the plus at bottom right.

Need to add a new size of a stick? Plus at bottom right.
[Reply]
aich75013 11:18 AM 02-05-2010
Need to add a new brand, click the plus at bottom right.

Need to add a new stick in a brand, its the plus at bottom right.

Need to add a new size of a stick? Plus at bottom right.
If the brand already exists, you don't need to add it. Go to that brand and then click the +.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Coach Deg 11:56 AM 02-05-2010
Thank you!!
[Reply]
KenS 12:02 PM 02-05-2010
So nice to have a support staff to keep up with user-assist questions :-). Thanks folks :-)
[Reply]
KenS 12:04 PM 02-05-2010
and oh by the way, the next Mobile Stogie release is getting VERY close ... I have most of the review section done (yes, including photos :-)). Now I'm starting on the email-my-review code, which shouldn't take long. I have a lot of travel coming up soon, so I'll get lots of airplane time to wrap up the code. Stay tuned :-)
[Reply]
KenS 01:01 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by RPmark:
Thank You
One final note on this question: if I'm missing a bunch of cigars that you think need to be added, please let me know. I try to keep the database growing, since that's part of what make the app valuable to many.
[Reply]
Addiction 09:04 AM 02-14-2010
Ken,

You don't have the Opus X Lost City.
[Reply]
KenS 10:35 AM 02-14-2010
Ken,

You don't have the Opus X Lost City.
They are in there now :-). Also, I separated "Fuente Fuente Opus X" into it's own brand, instead of being included in the "Arturo Fuente" brand. Seems to be more correct this way, and more likely how people would look for them.
[Reply]
Krieg 10:01 AM 02-15-2010
One final note on this question: if I'm missing a bunch of cigars that you think need to be added, please let me know. I try to keep the database growing, since that's part of what make the app valuable to many.
Hi Ken, Just wanted to say that I took about 2 months and researched all the cigar apps for my Iphone, and I have to say that yours is the best. It is also the first app that I have paid for. Thank you for your hard work. I also would like to contribute to your cigar database. Can you please send me your cigar inventory data sheet? I will fill it out and email it back to you. I have a few cigars that aren't listed. Thx.
[Reply]
MarioF 10:25 AM 03-03-2010
What an awesome program. Spent all day yesterday loading my inventory in, looking through old receipts and trying to remember where everything came from.
My question is what is the best way to marked a cigar as smoked. Seems there is 2 ways; reduce the number by 1, or create a humidor called smoked(but then it is still counted as you have it). Can anybody help me with this?
And also when an update is released how do I get it, I'm using a Touch.

Thanks
[Reply]
KenS 10:45 AM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by MarioF:
What an awesome program. Spent all day yesterday loading my inventory in, looking through old receipts and trying to remember where everything came from.
My question is what is the best way to marked a cigar as smoked. Seems there is 2 ways; reduce the number by 1, or create a humidor called smoked(but then it is still counted as you have it). Can anybody help me with this?
And also when an update is released how do I get it, I'm using a Touch.

Thanks
Right now, you can create a "Smoked" humidor, and then move cigars to it. But I would reduce the qty to 0 in that humidor, so they don't count overall.

I am working right now on a complete 'review' section, where you can capture ratings, notes, photos, etc. in a completely separate area of the app. Taking a lot longer than I expected, but progress is being made :-)

When an update is released, you'll see a numbered 'badge' on the app store icon, indicating that one or more updates are available (updates are free, btw).

Hope this helps...

-KenS
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 11:00 AM 03-03-2010
They are in there now :-). Also, I separated "Fuente Fuente Opus X" into it's own brand, instead of being included in the "Arturo Fuente" brand. Seems to be more correct this way, and more likely how people would look for them.
Hello,

I just did an update (2.0.1) and I don't believe that the database updated. I don't see Fuente Fuente Opus X as its on brand. That's why I am wondering if I've missed something.

Steve

I'm dumb! I didn't realize that database updates are not the same as app updates. And I'm a developer yet!!!!!
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 11:21 AM 03-03-2010
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
Hello,

I just did an update (2.0.1) and I don't believe that the database updated. I don't see Fuente Fuente Opus X as its on brand. That's why I am wondering if I've missed something.

Steve

I'm dumb! I didn't realize that database updates are not the same as app updates. And I'm a developer yet!!!!!
Ok... so now a valid question.

I had added Montessino No. 1 and they are included in the database update. How can I delete my addition in deference to the official database listing?

Thanks again for a great app!
[Reply]
MarioF 11:40 AM 03-03-2010
Ken, Thanks for the quick reply. What would also be cool would be able to know when the last time you smoked a certain cigar. so when you marked them smoked it also keeps a record of the last time you smoked it.
Thanks.
Right now, you can create a "Smoked" humidor, and then move cigars to it. But I would reduce the qty to 0 in that humidor, so they don't count overall.

I am working right now on a complete 'review' section, where you can capture ratings, notes, photos, etc. in a completely separate area of the app. Taking a lot longer than I expected, but progress is being made :-)

When an update is released, you'll see a numbered 'badge' on the app store icon, indicating that one or more updates are available (updates are free, btw).

Hope this helps...

-KenS

[Reply]
Addiction 12:35 PM 03-03-2010
Hey Ken, how are things goign for my favorite app developer?
[Reply]
KenS 05:24 AM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
Ok... so now a valid question.

I had added Montessino No. 1 and they are included in the database update. How can I delete my addition in deference to the official database listing?

Thanks again for a great app!
Simple answer is that when you drill down to the list of cigars for a particular brand, any that you have added yourself are shown in a slightly different font (little darker color and italic). From that listing, tap the "Edit" button on the top right, and you'll be given a choice to delete any that you want.

The more complicated answer is that if you have cigars in your humidor linked to the cigar that you added to the reference, then you'll have to re-add that cigar to your humidor (since it now has a different unique key). Unfortunately, I never created the capability to 'switch' to a different reference cigar (on the list of things to do).
[Reply]
Page 31 of 34
« First < 21293031 3233 > Last »
Up