Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 31 of 220
« First < 21293031 32334181131 > Last »
General Discussion>Photography Thread
s15driftking 08:45 PM 01-07-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
A couple more from my adventures. A sunset to start (obligatory).

Wow, just wow.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:47 PM 01-07-2010
I wish uploading to Photobucket didn't create the banding in the blue. But oh well. The print will be good.
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:50 PM 01-07-2010
These are very cool. I really like how the green plant snuck in there at the top.

Contrast of the green (life) and the ice (withering/death) Is a fun concept. Sure I over think things but the main point is I like it. :-)
Good eye... it's one of the things I was going for but there were not as many evergreen types hanging low enough to get a good shot.
[Reply]
The Professor 06:34 PM 01-09-2010
I made it out for some pictures around sunset today. These have been touched up a little -- just some color correction and minor RAW work. I might go back into PS and sharpen them; but they're tack sharp out of this lens, for the most part. I added some vignetting to some of them because I thought it looked nice in the blue sky (the lens has none on its own).

[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:12 PM 01-09-2010
Looks Good Professor.

In all of the upper corners there appears to bw some WICKED vignetting. Or did you do that PP?

And my contribution today

[Reply]
The Professor 07:19 PM 01-09-2010
Looks Good Professor.

In all of the upper corners there appears to bw some WICKED vignetting. Or did you do that PP?
I added that. Haven't decided if I like it. I usually don't; but for some reason, it seemed like the right thing to do here.

Still not sure if I feel :-) or :-).
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:39 PM 01-09-2010
If you are using Photoshop and doing the linear burn I usually set it to 7% opacity it does what you were going for but less blatantly.
[Reply]
The Professor 09:20 PM 01-09-2010
If you are using Photoshop and doing the linear burn I usually set it to 7% opacity it does what you were going for but less blatantly.
I shoot RAW; so I used Adobe Camera Raw, which has vignetting correction tools. It's amazing how much you can do before even opening PS. Oh ... and here's a cropped version of #1 with less vignetting, unsharp mask, and toned down color:

Once I'm done with PP on this one, it may actually get printed.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:21 AM 01-10-2010
The lighting and what I refet to as "an explosion of branches" are my favorit kinds of pictures ever.

Dont tell my GF but I kinda have a tree fetish. :-)

side note/suggestion: Id get rid of the powerlines bottom left.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:51 AM 01-10-2010
Here are some from the stash. C&C greatly appreciated.
Please Ignore the Sensor dust on picture 3. Camera was in dire need of a cleaning now its spotless.

[Reply]
spectrrr 01:20 AM 01-10-2010
hmmm... I smell a lensbaby on the last one?
[Reply]
spectrrr 04:10 AM 01-10-2010
So the delicate color balance of course went to pure sh!t when I put it up on the web, but the original struck a cord with me, I think you'll get the idea :-) (actually, maybe not.... it REALLY looks like hell on the web)

[Reply]
spectrrr 04:22 AM 01-10-2010
Here are some from the stash. C&C greatly appreciated.
Please Ignore the Sensor dust on picture 3. Camera was in dire need of a cleaning now its spotless.

My humble take on the last pic if you don't mind. For abstract images like that one, I like to define WHAT I'd do with it before I start work. For this one, I envisioned it printed to a 3'x3' canvas, and that became the driving idea behind how I processed it.
(if I had the source file and was really going to print it, I would probably clean up the processing method a little and reduce the jaggies a bit)

[Reply]
s15driftking 09:56 AM 01-10-2010
Took some pics of a shell me bought in St. Lucia on our honeymoon.

Focus, negative space

no focus on these...

[Reply]
s15driftking 09:57 AM 01-10-2010
A few more...

[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:35 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
My humble take on the last pic if you don't mind. For abstract images like that one, I like to define WHAT I'd do with it before I start work. For this one, I envisioned it printed to a 3'x3' canvas, and that became the driving idea behind how I processed it.
(if I had the source file and was really going to print it, I would probably clean up the processing method a little and reduce the jaggies a bit)

Very cool. I like what youve done. I rarely print anything really (aside from my work being sold in coffee shops)

I have a couple that ive been wanting to print for myself at 20X30. But it has to wait untill I move out. My parents wouldnt approve per se....
[Reply]
Roland of Gilead 10:09 AM 01-11-2010
More!

Meh Pitbull "Mason"

Meh cousins dag

-Roland.
[Reply]
spectrrr 11:23 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead:
More!

Meh Pitbull "Mason"

-Roland.
Love it!... but I'm a sucker for dogs :-)
Sharpness on the eyes looks pretty good (at least on my phone screen). I'd probably add just a touch of extra sharpness in the left eye in processing, but I'm looking at on a phone, so :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
spectrrr 11:25 AM 01-11-2010
Very cool. I like what youve done. I rarely print anything really (aside from my work being sold in coffee shops)

I have a couple that ive been wanting to print for myself at 20X30. But it has to wait untill I move out. My parents wouldnt approve per se....
My walls are bare because I have so many cool pictures burried in my archives that I want to print... ~sometime~.... *sigh* one of these days I'll have time to dig em out!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Footbag 03:58 PM 01-12-2010
My first shot at water drops. Not a true macro lens, but pretty close.

[Reply]
Page 31 of 220
« First < 21293031 32334181131 > Last »
Up