Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 31 of 99
« First < 21293031 32334181 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
MikeyC 08:55 AM 07-25-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
its been a while.

life has been running at about 300mph for the last 4 months and things are finally starting to settle down.

just picked her up.

Nice! Looks a lot like my Montbrilliante Legend.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:58 AM 07-25-2010
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Nice! Looks a lot like my Montbrilliante Legend.

you know, it was hard for me to decide between the two. I think the major difference is the bezel/dial color configuration as well as the pugs being different.

Also, the Legende is 1mm larger than the World correct?
[Reply]
Eleven 08:15 PM 07-28-2010
I have found my next watch!

The Pleepleus

[Reply]
s15driftking 09:00 AM 07-30-2010
^^^ Cool idea... but a little expensive for what it is.... wouldn't you say>?
[Reply]
warren G. 09:54 AM 08-04-2010
Awesome thread...I'm a huge watch fan. I really got into watches about 3 years ago when my best friend bought me my first Seiko automatic. I bought an Omega Speedmaster 3572 a few months ago. I just love it..

The Seiko that start it all :

I sold these watches..I really miss the the Seiko007. The Steinhart was nearly 47mm...
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:41 PM 08-04-2010
Ive been saving and think I am going to go with either a Tag Carrera or an Omega Speedmaster, not sure which one yet.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:16 PM 08-04-2010
i would rec the Tag carerra. Especially the grand carerra collection.

Omega is also amazing so you win either way!

I dont know why,... but a lot of Maruice Lacroix watches have been going down in price. i saw this one at a local Columbus jeweler where they were still asking 8200.00. It is amazing, the display back is amazing!!!

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail...iance_id=75760

^^ get it there cheap!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:37 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Ive been saving and think I am going to go with either a Tag Carrera or an Omega Speedmaster, not sure which one yet.
Omega all the way.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:46 AM 08-07-2010
Picking up another Seiko this week. This will make my 4th. I love em. This time something I can wear at work all day everyday. My Titanium is getting abused.

[Reply]
taltos 04:17 AM 08-07-2010
Outside of the Timex/Casio class of watches that I keep when doing yard work or other work that would damage a nice watch, my daily wear watch is a Citizen Eco-Drive in stainless. I also have several Seiko automatics that I have bought over time and when my father died, I inherited a couple of Rolex Oyster watches and a gold Hamilton that was my grandfather's. Not really a collector but I got the Seikos really inexpensive from Overstock.com believe it or not and I have always preferred Citizen to Seiko and this current one was a Christmas gift from my wife to replace one that had been stolen during a house break. Not a fancy collection but good trust worthy watches.
[Reply]
Thrak 08:40 AM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Picking up another Seiko this week. This will make my 4th. I love em. This time something I can wear at work all day everyday. My Titanium is getting abused.

what model is that? how big is it? I really like that!! Is it an auto or quartz?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:26 AM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by Thrak:
what model is that? how big is it? I really like that!! Is it an auto or quartz?
It's combo of Panerai and Sinn styling that looks pretty nice! Looks quartz to me.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 04:13 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
It's combo of Panerai and Sinn styling that looks pretty nice! Looks quartz to me.

Do you know if they make it with a green band? A guy I work with had a Seiko that looked similar to that but he didn't tell me the model. It would make a nice watch to wear for work when I'm not in the brush.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:07 PM 08-07-2010
Do you know if they make it with a green band? A guy I work with had a Seiko that looked similar to that but he didn't tell me the model. It would make a nice watch to wear for work when I'm not in the brush.
I have no idea if they make one, but you can buy one for cheap enough. Plenty of strap choices in leather, rubber or canvas.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 06:29 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Says 1/20th sec stepping on dial, do you really think its Quartz?
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:27 PM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:

any chance you would be willing to tell me the model number on this? I like Seikos and really like the look of this one especially if I can get it with an od green strap.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:20 PM 08-07-2010
SNDA65

* Stainless Steel Case with Black Ion Plating
* Hour, Minute, & Small Second Hands
* Chronograph measures split and accumulated elapsed time
* Chronograph can measure up to 12 Hours in 1/20 Second increments
* Date window at the 4 o'clock position
* Water Resistant to 100 Meters (330 Feet)
* Luminous Hands and Markers
* Battery Life Approximately 3 Years with Average Use
* Canvas Strap features a Tang Buckle Clasp
* 42mm Case Width (Approximately 1 11/16")

you can get an OD green band at countycomm.com im not sure of the width but i know they sell a variety of sizes.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:38 PM 08-07-2010
This one is my second Choice

SNAB65
[Reply]
TheRiddick 09:28 PM 08-07-2010
any chance you would be willing to tell me the model number on this? I like Seikos and really like the look of this one especially if I can get it with an od green strap.
Its SNDA67.

Quartz movement, although this is the first one I have seen with such chrono precision.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:34 PM 08-07-2010
Greg, the 67 is the one with the SS brecelet. SNDA65 is the one with the black canvass band. If he is planning on switching it out there is no need to pay extra. :02
[Reply]
Page 31 of 99
« First < 21293031 32334181 > Last »
Up