Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 31 of 69
« First < 21293031 323341 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
MUNKY 09:36 PM 01-22-2014
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 09:48 PM 01-22-2014
:-) Some good stuff in there.

How do you like the Three Nuns? :-) I have yet to try that one.
[Reply]
Dude Here 10:23 PM 01-22-2014
Nice pickups Brandon! DMK sent me a sample of that Frog Morton Cellar, smells amazing. You get all that from P&C?
[Reply]
Islayphile 11:34 PM 01-22-2014
An estate Johs Sanblasted Bulldog like this one...

[Reply]
MUNKY 07:48 PM 01-23-2014
Yes sir, the plum pudding smells awesome!
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 09:40 PM 01-24-2014
Picked up a Nording on the cheap.

[Reply]
MUNKY 10:25 PM 01-24-2014
Very nice!
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 07:31 PM 01-25-2014
Whee!! :-)

[Reply]
DaBear 12:04 PM 01-29-2014
Stopped by Pipes by George again and picked up a few tins: Solani Virginia Flake with Perique, McClelland Aurora, McClelland Stave Aged 35, McClelland Tudor Castle
[Reply]
Islayphile 04:00 PM 02-03-2014
PH Dark Strong Flake tin
GLP Gaslight tins x2
GLP Quiet Nights tin
[Reply]
stevieray 08:37 AM 02-05-2014
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Stopped by Pipes by George again and picked up a few tins: Solani Virginia Flake with Perique, McClelland Aurora, McClelland Stave Aged 35, McClelland Tudor Castle
How is that Stave aged? Is it similar to frog Morton cellar?
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 08:58 PM 02-05-2014
...just purchased a Peterson Dracula 999. Now I need to get it "fixed"....they didn't make this model blasted...and I only like the blasted look for the Dracula pipes.
[Reply]
DaBear 03:45 PM 02-06-2014
Did a little bit of early birthday shopping at Pipes by George today:

I originally had no plan of buying a pipe today, just was gonna stop in and look at some and pick up a new tin or two. As I'm looking George pulls this Nording down from the wall and hands it to me, and while I'm not normally a fan of a partially plateaux'd rim, I fell in love as the little bit of plateaux works perfectly as an index finger rest for my right hand. You know you have a (very good) problem when your local pipe shop owner can find the perfect pipe for you in just a couple tries. :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 05:34 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by stevieray:
How is that Stave aged? Is it similar to frog Morton cellar?
Its good but very mild, little to no bite which is nice. Smells amazing in the tin thanks to the nice cubic inch of bourbon barrel they throw in there. I've only had a couple bowls of it so far, guess I'll have to light up another soon. And I haven't yet had the Frog Morton Cellar, I tend to stay away from anything with an added flavor, but I'm a sucker for bourbon and caved on the Stave Aged.
[Reply]
DMK 06:13 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Dude Here:
Nice pickups Brandon! DMK sent me a sample of that Frog Morton Cellar, smells amazing. You get all that from P&C?
I got the Frog from 4noggins.
They treat their Canadian customers well :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 08:43 AM 02-08-2014
Not a purchase, but my birthday present from my dad, a Mark Tinsky Dress Rusticated Billiard:

[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:58 AM 02-08-2014
Not a purchase, but my birthday present from my dad, a Mark Tinsky Dress Rusticated Billiard:

Nice pipe. Tinskys smoke very well.
[Reply]
DaBear 12:22 PM 02-08-2014
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Nice pipe. Tinskys smoke very well.
No complaints thus far in the smoking department. I normally have a strong dislike of rusticated pipes, but this one was one of the few exceptions. I fell in love on first sight. The little bit of white acrylic or whatever it was he used takes the pipe from a good looking pipe to one of my favorites. Its funny how just the tiniest little things completely alter how we view things. Plus the bowl is nice and big which is perfect when you've got massive hands like me.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:43 PM 02-08-2014
No complaints thus far in the smoking department. I normally have a strong dislike of rusticated pipes, but this one was one of the few exceptions. I fell in love on first sight. The little bit of white acrylic or whatever it was he used takes the pipe from a good looking pipe to one of my favorites. Its funny how just the tiniest little things completely alter how we view things. Plus the bowl is nice and big which is perfect when you've got massive hands like me.
Funny how tastes are different too. I am not a big fan of accents on pipes - acrylic, bone, horn, silver, gold, anything. And while I like smooth pipes, I like rusticated better, and a crisp blast is my favorite.

The only one who needs to like your pipe, is you.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 02:20 PM 02-08-2014
My "Dracula" arrived. Finally found one with a stem swirl I liked in the shape I wanted. NOW, I just need to fix the pipe. Gotta make a slight modification to it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 31 of 69
« First < 21293031 323341 > Last »
Up