Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 309 of 350
« First < 209259299307308309 310311319 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Adriftpanda 12:17 PM 02-05-2013
Dan!

Decided to leave work early last night. Dragged Staci to the gym and we hit legs. It was a nice but grueling day.

Hitting back today and tonight I will hit arms. 2 straight days of double days, tomorrow will be my day off.
dmelo818 05:33 PM 02-05-2013
Sweeett a workout thread.....

Quick background

I am 6'4 ...245 lbs mostly solid mass

Played college ball at UCLA and was the number 4 linebacker recruit in 1998....

I just came back from the gym...ran for 45 mins then did a quick 25 mjn workout

8 sets of one arm pull ups 15x each arm

600 pushups...sets of 6 ...100 straght per set

500 crunches

15 mins of jumprope with 15 sec rest between every minute

I stopped lifting heavy the last 4 months because i was at 265 and my clothes fit a little to tight and I was looking to bulky...doing more of the Hershel Walker routine till summer time

Google " David Melo Taft football" if your interested in football

Keep staying healthy fellas staying healthy is good for the soul and mind

Laters
icehog3 07:28 PM 02-05-2013
Did you end up making the team, David? I can't find you on the UCLA rosters in '98 or '99.

120 one arm pull-ups with each arm is pretty damned impressive....I would struggle to get 120 with both arms. :-)
dmelo818 12:05 AM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did you end up making the team, David? I can't find you on the UCLA rosters in '98 or '99.

120 one arm pull-ups with each arm is pretty damned impressive....I would struggle to get 120 with both arms. :-)
I left right after a month buddy to work at Sikand engineering. I hurt my knee and never looked back.
dmelo818 12:40 AM 02-06-2013
BTW...I found a trick out a while ago to strengthen my upper back tremendously that allowed me to perform the one arms shortly after. Get two towels and put one right next to your inner part of your hand on both sides. Do as many regular pull ups you can do normally.. right before you feel like you can't do anymore grab the towels and hang literally until you loose all strength and grip. I rested 5 mins between sets. After a few months of doing so every 3 days, you should be good :-)
MACS 03:18 AM 02-06-2013
Hey Tom! Bring your PT clothes on your trip. We can get a couple days of lifting in.
MarkinAZ 07:48 AM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by MACS:
Hey Tom! Bring your PT clothes on your trip. We can get a couple days of lifting in.
Well, thats gonna create a big stink:-)

Upper body:

Barbell upright row
Standing curls
Standing french press

Feels great after a 50min walk in the morning with the dog:-)
icehog3 10:35 AM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by dmelo818:
BTW...I found a trick out a while ago to strengthen my upper back tremendously that allowed me to perform the one arms shortly after. Get two towels and put one right next to your inner part of your hand on both sides. Do as many regular pull ups you can do normally.. right before you feel like you can't do anymore grab the towels and hang literally until you loose all strength and grip. I rested 5 mins between sets. After a few months of doing so every 3 days, you should be good :-)
I do that type of hang to failure several times on back day, good stuff. :-)

Originally Posted by MACS:
Best hangover cure ever, Shawn. :-)
RobR1205 05:01 PM 02-06-2013
Headin off to the gym... first day I'm trying M Stak by Universal...we'll see how that goes!
icehog3 06:34 PM 02-06-2013
Took today off, my elbow is aggravated from heavy biceps yesterday. I will hit it tomorrow if it feels ok after my hockey game tonight.
RobR1205 07:01 PM 02-06-2013
Hey all, I've been slowly weening myself off caffeine over the past couple of weeks, and now I'm completely caffeine free. My body just became too sensitive to its effects. I have half a container of N.O. Xplode 2.0 Lemon Flavor (about 25 servings). If anyone wants it, just shoot me a PM with your mailing info and I'll send it to you. I don't want to see it go to waste, and wanted to offer it one of the inmates before giving it away.
dmelo818 07:47 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by RobR1205:
Hey all, I've been slowly weening myself off caffeine over the past couple of weeks, and now I'm completely caffeine free. My body just became too sensitive to its effects. I have half a container of N.O. Xplode 2.0 Lemon Flavor (about 25 servings). If anyone wants it, just shoot me a PM with your mailing info and I'll send it to you. I don't want to see it go to waste, and wanted to offer it one of the inmates before giving it away.
Hey buddy I know what u mean. I had similar effects on Jack 3d preworkout. Vpx synthesize and a scoop of 24 grams- ON Gold standard whey and I feel ready to workout for hours.
RobR1205 07:58 PM 02-06-2013
The NO Xplode has found a new home!

Originally Posted by dmelo818:
Hey buddy I know what u mean. I had similar effects on Jack 3d preworkout. Vpx synthesize and a scoop of 24 grams- ON Gold standard whey and I feel ready to workout for hours.
Yeah, it was getting to the point where I almost felt out of breath because I was breathing so quickly. I get the same way with energy drinks now too, so I just stopped caffeine altogether. Since I do competitive pistol and rifle shooting, it's it helps me stay steady. Now I just take an intraworkout supplement (BCAAs and glutamine) when I'm lifting.
MarkinAZ 09:20 PM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Took today off, my elbow is aggravated from heavy biceps yesterday. I will hit it tomorrow if it feels ok after my hockey game tonight.
Hey, nothing cures a case of aggravated elbows than a good hard hitting game of ice hockey:-)
icehog3 12:26 AM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Hey, nothing cures a case of aggravated elbows than a good hard hitting game of ice hockey:-)
It was a hard hitting game, Mark, but my elbow and shoulder actually feel better....even though I got the arm cranked by one of their D-men, If I can get some ZZZs, back to the gym manana.
jdakine 02:46 AM 02-07-2013
Took today off and taking tomorrow off to give my left shoulder some time to heal. Hit chest and triceps hard yesterday. Starting to see some gains and recovery time is getting better now that I have been able to be more consistent.
icehog3 08:47 AM 02-07-2013
Good deal, Jay! :-)

I am heading in today for at least a light day, elbow feels significantly better.
mosesbotbol 09:52 AM 02-07-2013
Pilates kicked me in the rear last night. The walk back to the locker room was difficult.
Adriftpanda 10:11 AM 02-07-2013
Had a nice day off yesterday... I would like to consider yesterday a "bulking" day or pretty much a I eat whatever the hell I want day lol. After doing 2 a days Monday and Tueaday, I just felt like I needed a day off.

We just adopted a dog, she's been crying all morning and I am now fully awake. Shoulder day.... Thank you new dog for waking me up.
icehog3 01:14 PM 02-07-2013
Maybe you should name the new dog "Deltoid", Huy. :-)

Shoulders and traps for me today....elbow feels to worse for the wear after going up to 455 on the shrugs. Suprised I had the gas after my late hockey game last night.
Page 309 of 350
« First < 209259299307308309 310311319 > Last »
Up