Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 309 of 351
« First < 209259299307308309 310311319 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
Jbailey 07:31 PM 07-20-2011
2011 Founders Blushing Monk
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:34 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
2011 Founders Blushing Monk
I thought this beer was just ok. I mean I get what this beer is meant to be, but I wish there was more yeast or malt in it for balance.
jsnake 07:37 PM 07-20-2011
Is it wrong that I just don't like beer at all? I have never tried any of these fancy ones you guys often talk about. Any chance I might like something aside from normal beers? Wanting to try something other then Dr. Pepper with my cigars.
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:41 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by jsnake:
Is it wrong that I just don't like beer at all? I have never tried any of these fancy ones you guys often talk about. Any chance I might like something aside from normal beers? Wanting to try something other then Dr. Pepper with my cigars.
What don't you like about beer? Certain flavors?
Jbailey 07:45 PM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I thought this beer was just ok. I mean I get what this beer is meant to be, but I wish there was more yeast or malt in it for balance.
I'm digging it. I don't normally like fruity beers but this one would work amazingly well with a chocolate dessert.
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:55 PM 07-20-2011
I'm digging it. I don't normally like fruity beers but this one would work amazingly well with a chocolate dessert.
I totally agree. I'm just looking for more balance. If it had more yeast and malt, this beer could stand alone just fine. But yeah, a nice piece of dark chocolate cake would be a real treat to have with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:59 PM 07-20-2011
I'm having a New Glarus Dancin Man while watching the Sox.
Posted via Mobile Device
jsnake 08:17 PM 07-20-2011
What don't you like about beer? Certain flavors?
Yeah I just don't enjoy the flavor of beer at all. I would like to find something I would enjoy and can relax with.
Jbailey 08:21 PM 07-20-2011
Yeah I just don't enjoy the flavor of beer at all. I would like to find something I would enjoy and can relax with.
Not sure what kind of beers you have tried but there are a lot of different kind. I had a friend that always thought he hated beers until he tried some bourbon stouts. He's pretty much a stout drinker and nothing else.
awsmith4 08:30 PM 07-20-2011
My wife always said the same thing until she tried some good IPAs. Something about the sweet, citrus punch of of an IPA drowns out whatever flavor she calls the "beer" flavor.
jsnake 08:30 PM 07-20-2011
I am talking common American Beers. I haven't really tried anything outside of those.
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:36 PM 07-20-2011
New Glarus Imperial Weizen on deck.
Posted via Mobile Device
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:47 AM 07-21-2011
Might be going to three floyds later this afternoon.. Hopefully I can get away from the office in time...
Jbailey 07:35 AM 07-21-2011
Might be going to three floyds later this afternoon.. Hopefully I can get away from the office in time...
Plan on swinging in after the Shack on Sunday.

I saw they changed the label for artic panzer wolf.
NCRadioMan 08:07 AM 07-21-2011
I am talking common American Beers. I haven't really tried anything outside of those.
Then I say, respectfully, you havn't tried real American beer. I, like you, could never stand 'beer' like the mass produced stuff you find in every convenience store. I still don't see how people drink it. After I started trying stuff from my local brewery, Olde Hickory, I was blown away by the different styles and flavors they could produce.

Like cigars, if you keep trying different craft beers you will find some you do enjoy.

:-)
IBQTEE1 09:00 AM 07-21-2011
Very cool!!

Plan on swinging in after the Shack on Sunday.

I saw they changed the label for artic panzer wolf.
We are??!?!?!? :-)
awsmith4 09:03 AM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Then I say, respectfully, you havn't tried real American beer. I, like you, could never stand 'beer' like the mass produced stuff you find in every convenience store. I still don't see how people drink it. After I started trying stuff from my local brewery, Olde Hickory, I was blown away by the different styles and flavors they could produce.

Like cigars, if you keep trying different craft beers you will find some you do enjoy.

ChicagoWhiteSox 11:25 AM 07-21-2011
Got away from work. I'm at three floyds now for lunch. Pics on the way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jbailey 11:55 AM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
Very cool!!

We are??!?!?!? :-)
Do I need to twist your arm? :-)
BeerAdvocate 04:49 PM 07-21-2011
Boulevard Collaboration No. 2 - White IPA
Its a combination of a Belgian Style Witbier & an IPA. Collaboration between BLVD & Deschutes Brewery. O' and its AMAZING!!!!
Page 309 of 351
« First < 209259299307308309 310311319 > Last »
Up