Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 308 of 350
« First < 208258298306307308 309310318 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 04:51 PM 01-28-2013
Good deal, Huy! :-) Think how much better you could do over even that with some supplement samples!

Shoulder and traps for me, did military presses with a narrower grip than I usually do to hit the delts in a different way.
DBall 07:04 AM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Did you lose momentum? Taking time off when trying to reach a max is not good. I thought you would've hit 225 by now.
Yeah, moved to the house then got sick in November... missed about 2 weeks and just seemed like I lost it all...
Adriftpanda 12:07 PM 01-29-2013
You'll get back in no time, Dan! :-)

My partner wanted to go early today, so I said okay... not use to lifting early.
Started out doing some deads and I tweaked my back, not the business. Decided to do a rep day. Hoping this **** will heal fast, last time it took about 3 weeks. Back days are just not the same without going heavy.
icehog3 02:01 PM 01-29-2013
Hope it heals quickly, Huy.

Scheduled day off for me today, back for back manana.
Adriftpanda 04:21 PM 01-30-2013
Did some shoulders today, only there for about 45 minutes. My partner had to pick up his kid today from school, so we are doing double days. Hitting the gym later tonight.
Drez 06:30 PM 01-30-2013
Howdy all. Just dropping by to say hello and get some motivation from you guys.

Been a few years since I hit the gym and today was day 3. Feeling good every morning with a nice soreness. Day 1 did chest day 2 back and today arms. Man I missed the gym. Hopefully soon I can bump up from low weight/ high reps to heavy weight.

Also been changing the diet and trying to eat 5-6 times a day to help drop a lot of extra weight. Once my protein and glutamine come in I'll be back to my old
Routine.

Any guys got any tips to help get back in Shape? I do my 20-30 minutes of cardio plus about a hour of weight lifting.
icehog3 01:06 AM 01-31-2013
Consistency is the key right now, Frank, sounds like you are on the right track....make it "habit", and the results will come.

Killer back workout today, did some heavy rowing (two types of T-bar, barbell, dumbbell and cable). Threw in some bodyweight pullups and stretches to finish. Doubling up chest and shoulders tomorrow as I have to take an extra day off on Saturday.
mosesbotbol 05:46 AM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by Drez:
Any guys got any tips to help get back in Shape? I do my 20-30 minutes of cardio plus about a hour of weight lifting.
Sounds like you are in need of serious stretching! When you are building muscle as you are, the muscles get tight on healing. Do a light stretch after cardio - before weights, and then a longer stretch after the weights. The next day soreness will be less. Especially large muscle groups both upper and lower body.

Don't forget the exercise triangle - weights, cardio, stretching. You have to hit all three equally. :-)
Adriftpanda 12:52 PM 01-31-2013
Tom pretty much said what I was going to say, Frank.

Getting to the gym is half the battle. Changes won't happen over night, patience is the key. If you are trying to lose some extra weight, try HIIT (high intensive interval training).

Leg day today, don't know how this will work with my back. So I may just do arms/abs if my back can't hold up to squats.
jdakine 01:09 PM 01-31-2013
Last night after work, did my 30 minutes of cardio and chest and triceps.
icehog3 04:47 PM 01-31-2013
Suprised at how strong I felt on shoulders doing them after heavy chest today, but I earned an extra day off Saturday (going to Soundgarden Friday nght and have to work Saturday), so I am happy.
Remo 04:52 PM 01-31-2013
Soundgarden should be awesome!!! I had my day off last night, chest and arms tonight. Arms and shoulders are a bit shot at the moment, snow blower $hit the bed the other night and had to shovel the driveway today. Brutal!!!
Drez 05:40 PM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Tom pretty much said what I was going to say, Frank.

Getting to the gym is half the battle. Changes won't happen over night, patience is the key. If you are trying to lose some extra weight, try HIIT (high intensive interval training).

Leg day today, don't know how this will work with my back. So I may just do arms/abs if my back can't hold up to squats.
oh i know they wont. i used to work out regularly while in the military and ten some time after. just seems the last 3+ years i dropped the ball big time.

The soreness will come and my chest and arms feel useless to me today but its expected. my normal routine was 2 days of lifting then a rest day of just cardio. give my body plenty of healing time and its the system i know works for me.

well off to the gym for my 40 minutes of cardio day. :-)
Remo 05:57 PM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by Drez:
oh i know they wont. i used to work out regularly while in the military and ten some time after. just seems the last 3+ years i dropped the ball big time.

The soreness will come and my chest and arms feel useless to me today but its expected. my normal routine was 2 days of lifting then a rest day of just cardio. give my body plenty of healing time and its the system i know works for me.

well off to the gym for my 40 minutes of cardio day. :-)
Stick with it bro!!! :-)
RobR1205 09:19 PM 01-31-2013
I'm also checking in and going to keep tabs on this thread. Right now my goal is to get in good physical shape for the summer since I'm going to be training the new guys here at the Academy. Heavy lifting and body weight exercises are going great for me, but boy do I need to start running!

I did "Pull" day today. Back, lats, biceps, and traps.
Adriftpanda 05:14 PM 02-04-2013
Chest felt great today. 6x8 225 on flat, 6x8 85lb incline db, cable flys, and finished it off with some weighted dips. Did some triceps as well, but not a whole lot since the chest was shot after dips.

Legs tomorrow, going to let my back rest another day.
icehog3 07:17 PM 02-04-2013
Chest for me today as well, flats, inclines and flyes. Legs tomorrow too...we must be on the same cycle, Huy. :-)
DBall 06:48 AM 02-05-2013
chest yesterday... finally got back to 215 on bench (weighed a little less than 150)!
mosesbotbol 09:23 AM 02-05-2013
Originally Posted by DBall:
chest yesterday... finally got back to 215 on bench (weighed a little less than 150)!
Quite respectable ratio!
RobR1205 09:56 AM 02-05-2013
Rest day yesterday, but working chest, tri and shoulder tonight. Moving up weight in shoulder presses and bench press today.
Page 308 of 350
« First < 208258298306307308 309310318 > Last »
Up