Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 306 of 350
« First < 206256296304305306 307308316 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 04:14 PM 12-16-2012
Back is my favorite too, Huy...I can go heavy without a lot of pain on most exercises. Wish I could still say the same for chest and shoulders. I go heavy...and cry a lot. :-)
Stephen 05:59 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Back is my favorite too, Huy...I can go heavy without a lot of pain on most exercises.
Agreed on all accounts.
Wish I could still say the same for chest and shoulders. I go heavy...and cry a lot. :-)
Same here. Weird that pulling doesn't bother my right shoulder nearly as much as pressing. I'm sure that there's a physiological explanation, but I'll be damned if I know what it is. :-)
jdakine 03:13 AM 01-09-2013
Had to work a split shift today, so I went to the gym during the break. Did 30 minutes of cardio, seated DB curls and finished with 3 sets of 15 squats. It's been years the last time I worked my legs, pain tomorrow.
hammondc 10:28 PM 01-10-2013
Joined up Golds Gym today. They just opened a Platinum level location about 3 miles from the house. Oh yeah!!!!
Adriftpanda 10:35 PM 01-10-2013
Did legs yesterday but wanted to do squats today.

3x12 front squats
3x6 squats

Shoulder day today though.
DBall 06:51 AM 01-11-2013
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Did legs yesterday but wanted to do squats today.

3x12 front squats
3x6 squats

Shoulder day today though.
Did legs and shoulders yesterday... lots of standing military press with the bar. :-)
mosesbotbol 07:18 AM 01-11-2013
Did two mat Pilates classes this week. Man, are they difficult and exactly what every male should be doing in the gym. Kind of intimidating to be 1 guy in a class of 30 women... Pilates works the core muscles like no other style of exercise and the methods taught in the class really help in advancing technique with weights and stretching.

I'd say Pilates is the most beneficial thing men should be doing in the gym.
icehog3 08:17 AM 01-11-2013
I wouldn't mind being alone in a class with 30 prospects...er, I mean, women, Moses. :-)
mosesbotbol 08:42 AM 01-11-2013
I wouldn't mind being alone in a class with 30 prospects...er, I mean, women, Moses. :-)
You'd be real impressed with a pilates class the exercise philosophy of Joseph Pilates. You'll give a point or two bonus to a few of the ladies when you see what some can do with their core!

From wikipedia:

Pilates was originally a gymnast, diver, and bodybuilder, but when he moved to England in 1912, he earned a living as a professional boxer, circus-performer, and self-defense trainer at police schools and Scotland Yard. Nevertheless, the British authorities interned him during World War I along with other German citizens in an internment camp, first in Lancaster Castle where he taught wrestling and self-defence, boasting that his students would emerge stronger than they were before their internment. It was here that he began refining and teaching his minimal equipment system of mat exercises that later became "Contrology". He was then transferred to another internment camp on the Isle of Man. During this involuntary break, he began to intensively develop his concept of an integrated, comprehensive system of physical exercise, which he himself called "Contrology." He studied yoga and the movements of animals and trained his fellow inmates in fitness and exercises. It is told that these inmates survived the 1918 flu pandemic due to their good physical shape.
icehog3 11:04 AM 01-11-2013
Core is key, Moses....I will agree with you there.
Adriftpanda 08:09 PM 01-14-2013
Chest today... Ended it with a few sets of negatives on the smith machine. Kiss my ass negatives!
icehog3 08:33 PM 01-14-2013
I've trained 9 days in a row since hockey schedule has been light so far in January. 1 more day, then I will take 2 of the next 4 off. Don't feel overtrained at all, ebergy and strength have both been solid.... shoulder actually feels better than it has for weeks.
Adriftpanda 10:39 PM 01-14-2013
Glad the shoulders feel good, Tom.

9 straight days? Damnnnn
jdakine 12:33 AM 01-15-2013
I've trained 9 days in a row since hockey schedule has been light so far in January. 1 more day, then I will take 2 of the next 4 off. Don't feel overtrained at all, ebergy and strength have both been solid.... shoulder actually feels better than it has for weeks.
Nine days in a row, U Da Man Tom. Glad to hear the shoulder is holding up. Chest and triceps tomorrow :-)
icehog3 01:26 AM 01-15-2013
Yup...Wednesday will be an off day because I have training at worjk during the day and prefer not to train at night.

Shoulder was a little wonky at hockey tonight, but still better than it's been lately.
Adriftpanda 05:44 PM 01-15-2013
Baaaaack today. Yes that's how I feel about. Couldn't even finish off with pull-ups.
hammondc 06:00 PM 01-15-2013
Looks like I am going to a sports medicine doctor. Took a fall a few weeks ago and jacked up my left hand and I think my left shoulder too. It has been sore on and off but felt good this week. Worked out 2 days and it is killing me. I need to have my left foot checked to. I think my tendonitis is flaring up again. Seriously, he whole left side of my body is beat up.
mosesbotbol 06:45 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Looks like I am going to a sports medicine doctor. Took a fall a few weeks ago and jacked up my left hand and I think my left shoulder too. It has been sore on and off but felt good this week. Worked out 2 days and it is killing me. I need to have my left foot checked to. I think my tendonitis is flaring up again. Seriously, he whole left side of my body is beat up.
Have you considered an anti-inflammatory diet with supplements like Wobenzym N? A sound like you are getting flare up’s all over the place and could be mitigated by changing what you eat and take.
hammondc 07:08 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Have you considered an anti-inflammatory diet with supplements like Wobenzym N? A sound like you are getting flare up’s all over the place and could be mitigated by changing what you eat and take.
Yep. On Ibuprofen. Have not checked out Wobenzym. Foot is the only flare up. Shoulder and hand are both a new injury that I was too stupid to rest right away.
mosesbotbol 11:38 AM 01-16-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Yep. On Ibuprofen. Have not checked out Wobenzym. Foot is the only flare up. Shoulder and hand are both a new injury that I was too stupid to rest right away.
Check out changing your diet a little to concentrate on anti-inflamatory foods. Taking Ibuprofen every day is not good for the morale.

I know Icehog has use Wobenzym besides me. Maybe he'll chime in?
Page 306 of 350
« First < 206256296304305306 307308316 > Last »
Up