Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 304 of 350
« First < 204254294302303304 305306314 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
papichulo 08:43 AM 11-24-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sorry to hear about the injury, Brent, hope you have a quick revovery after surgery.
Thanks Tom. When I went in to my doctor with MRI in hand I told him I wanted to run a marathon in one year and to do what he needs to do. He told me, to be honest with myself and make sure I never miss a therapy session. Being he was a pro-basketball ortho I have confidence :-)
icehog3 10:57 AM 11-24-2012
Look forward to hearing how the Olympic lifting goes, Son....the snatch! The jerk! Classic! :-)

Sounds good, Brent, hope you're running 26.2 in 2013. :-)

Hot young thing I have been chasing around the gym introduced me to her chiropractor there today. We hit if off, I told him I've never had an adjustment in my life. He worked on my shoulder for 2 minutes and I had more range of motion after 2 minutes then I've had in 6 months. Going in for a formal visit next week.
GreekGodX 11:11 AM 11-24-2012
Look forward to hearing how the Olympic lifting goes, Son....the snatch! The jerk! Classic! :-)

Sounds good, Brent, hope you're running 26.2 in 2013. :-)

Hot young thing I have been chasing around the gym introduced me to her chiropractor there today. We hit if off, I told him I've never had an adjustment in my life. He worked on my shoulder for 2 minutes and I had more range of motion after 2 minutes then I've had in 6 months. Going in for a formal visit next week.
:-) :-)

My view on chiropractors have changed since I started seeing mine. Especially since he is sports and strength oriented in his practice. I think it will really help you, Pops.
icehog3 02:15 PM 11-24-2012
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
:-) :-)

My view on chiropractors have changed since I started seeing mine. Especially since he is sports and strength oriented in his practice. I think it will really help you, Pops.
Me too, Son. The chiro is a competitive bodybuilder, so he isn't going to tell me to quit lifting. And my shoulder feels the best it has felt in months right now after just a couple minutes of informal treatment in the gym. :-)
papichulo 04:38 AM 11-25-2012
That is awesome Tom. Whenever, I get injured I see the Chiro--it beats taking pain meds and promotes healthy joints.
mosesbotbol 06:59 AM 11-25-2012
A good chiropractor is a God send! I asked him about my shoulder last week and he gave me a game plan for the next back workout. My shoulder creeks like crazy when doing pull up's and I have avoided this exercise for the last 6 months or more. He said I have to do more chest and tri stretches before doing them.
icehog3 08:24 AM 11-25-2012
Hope it works for you, Moses. :-)

Brent, I am hoping that this doc can bring my shoulder back at least to the point where I don't cry during chest and shoulder workouts. :-)
papichulo 10:06 AM 11-25-2012
Hope it works for you, Moses. :-)

Brent, I am hoping that this doc can bring my shoulder back at least to the point where I don't cry during chest and shoulder workouts. :-)
Tom, what hurts more, incline or decline. Heavy decline usually hurts.
icehog3 03:00 PM 11-25-2012
Originally Posted by papichulo:
Tom, what hurts more, incline or decline. Heavy decline usually hurts.
Inclines are the best for me, Brent, I can usually work through the discomfort with minimal "popping". Flats are OK.....I don't do declines, never have. I don't care for the position. I work lower chest with a combination of weighted dips and Hammer Strength declines.
Adriftpanda 12:28 PM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Did chest again today, twice this week. Don't know if I like that... wasn't my idea, just went along with it.
So... after just resting for 2 days and we hit the gym yesterday, decided to do chest again and I had a really nice pump. Took the same amount of PWO and BCAA and my chest day was on. Felt extremely good!

Trying to distract myself from doing back...
icehog3 02:02 PM 11-27-2012
I love doing back, Huy, probably my favorite at this point.

Heading over to the chiro's office shortly, to see if I can get my shoulder worked on today, or at least an appt. later in the week. :-)

Where's geRRy?
mosesbotbol 02:18 PM 11-27-2012
Decline and close grip flat bench I have never been into. I feel my energy is better spent targeting the main part of the muscle. Chest sags with age, why make the sagged part even bigger?
Adriftpanda 05:39 PM 11-27-2012
They needed another player to make it 5 on 5 bball so I decided to play... played a few games and that just a majority of my energy. Waste of a PWO, still managed to do my back but wasn't as strong as I wanted to.

Where's geRRy?
icehog3 06:03 PM 11-27-2012
Cardio is good too, Huy, just back first on your next back day!

HEY! What's with that avatar?! :-)

I like the Chiro a lot, he took X-rays and confirmed I have a neck that Frankenstein's monster would consider a degrade. Did some work on my neck and shoulder, and tells me he is going to change my life. Cool, just keep your clothes on, Doc. :-)

wheRe's geRRy? I bet the next time he sees me, he punches me right in the face.
mosesbotbol 07:10 AM 11-28-2012
I like the Chiro a lot, he took X-rays and confirmed I have a neck that Frankenstein's monster would consider a degrade.
Is it scar tissue that's the issue? If so, check out Graston Technique. If your chiro is not certified, look for one that is. Makes a huge differernce. Basically they scrape the scar tissue off the area and it gets absorbed into the body. You'll have a big black-n-blue mark, but tremendous range of motion. 1 or 2 treatments are all that is needed.

I am quite suprised your chiro took an X-ray. That's used more as a sales pitch to confirm what they already know in terms the customer is more likely to bite on than just the chiro's opinion.
mosesbotbol 07:46 AM 11-28-2012
Here's the link: http://www.grastontechnique.com/
icehog3 08:12 AM 11-28-2012
Thanks Moses. :-)

He is certified. He mostly wanted the X-Ray of my neck (and he did not charge me for any of the X-Rays) to see the angles of my cervical vertabrae. My neck lools like E.T., the vertabrae are basically is a straight line jutting forward....no curvature whatsoever.

My shoulder issue doesn't appear to be scar tissue, it looks more structural to me. I will ask more questions on my visit today. Thank you for the link.
mosesbotbol 08:17 AM 11-28-2012
Thanks Moses. :-)

He is certified. He mostly wanted the X-Ray of my neck (and he did not charge me for any of the X-Rays) to see the angles of my cervical vertabrae. My neck lools like E.T., the vertabrae are basically is a straight line jutting forward....no curvature whatsoever.

My shoulder issue doesn't appear to be scar tissue, it looks more structural to me. I will ask more questions on my visit today. Thank you for the link.
I am sure you must have scar tissue areas, just about anyone who does any real exercise will. You can feel them when the dull blade scrapes along the skin. The scar tissue is slightly raised. I am sure your chiro can feel that by hand too.
icehog3 08:19 AM 11-28-2012
Cool, Moses.....I will ask that today, and also if he is familiar with the Graston Technique.
Stephen 09:28 AM 12-03-2012
What (if any) multivitamins do any of you take? Thoughts? For the past couple of years I've taken Opti-Men(good value/good product). Have always been interested in Orange Triad so picked up a couple of bottles and plan on starting it when I polish off my current bottle of Opti-Men.
Page 304 of 350
« First < 204254294302303304 305306314 > Last »
Up