Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 30 of 82
« First < 20282930 31324080 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 11:44 PM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Bromance on display.

Sharks Hawks tomorrow. Will be at the rink with the boy, but let's go Sharks!
I am guessing Emery gets the start because of back-to-back, but Crawford was stellar today.

Should be a great game, I will be in front of the big screen with a cigar and an adult beverage, Mike. Let's Go Hawks!

No Bromance, Christos is my Son!
icehog3 08:28 PM 01-15-2012

Big Hawks win tonight. Besides a 30 second stretch in the 2nd (2 goals against), the dominated all the battles tonight.

Mike, better off that you were with the little man, you might have thrown a puck at your TV.
357 08:52 AM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Crawford stole a point for the Hawks, Wings were dominant in the first two periods and OT. And special thanks to Mister Hossa for that point in the standings. :-)
I know Christos already said it but I agree with you too. Fun game to watch. Too bad Hossa stole that point. It would have been nice to knot it up.
icehog3 09:45 AM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by 357:
I know Christos already said it but I agree with you too. Fun game to watch. Too bad Hossa stole that point. It would have been nice to knot it up.
The NHL actually gave the goal to Toews, he tipped it in, Mike. And if anybody stole a point from the Wings Saturday, it was Corey Crawford. :-)
357 10:20 AM 01-16-2012
The NHL actually gave the goal to Toews, he tipped it in, Mike. And if anybody stole a point from the Wings Saturday, it was Corey Crawford. :-)
That's true. The first period especially. I think the shots were 22-4.
Ahbroody 12:42 PM 01-16-2012

Big Hawks win tonight. Besides a 30 second stretch in the 2nd (2 goals against), the dominated all the battles tonight.

Mike, better off that you were with the little man, you might have thrown a puck at your TV.
The Hawks were the better club for sure. Caught parts of the game here and there. Not a good outing for sure. I think Sharks had a little more then 30 seconds of good play though. :-)

Highlight for me yesterday was watching the boy get 2 goals and an assist in the championship game. :-). Not bad for a kid playing up a age division.
Eleven 01:43 PM 01-16-2012
I propose we change the name of this thread to "The Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks '11 - '12 Thread"

Unless of course Matt Cooke falls off the wagon and gives everyone a reason to talk about something OTHER than those 2 teams...

:-)
Ahbroody 01:47 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
I propose we change the name of this thread to "The Chicago Blackhawks and San Jose Sharks '11 - '12 Thread"

Unless of course Matt Cooke falls off the wagon and gives everyone a reason to talk about something OTHER than those 2 teams...

Excuse me sir. But I believe you mean Sharks Hawks Wings Bruins. Ocassionally Avs and Wild. Rarely Pens and Isles. Don't blame us because you don't have a take.
357 02:20 PM 01-16-2012
Excuse me sir. But I believe you mean Sharks Hawks Wings Bruins. Ocassionally Avs and Wild. Rarely Pens and Isles. Don't blame us because you don't have a take.
It's not his fault, it's not like Ohio has an NHL team.
icehog3 02:23 PM 01-16-2012
Highlight for me yesterday was watching the boy get 2 goals and an assist in the championship game. :-). Not bad for a kid playing up a age division.
THAT is what it's all about! :-)

Oh, Snap! :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:25 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:

Go Blackhawks!!!!!!!!:-)
Wanger 09:51 AM 01-17-2012
Eleven 12:33 PM 01-17-2012
Post of the year, right there!

Bruins Fan 03:45 AM 01-18-2012
The B's are in a malaise,no compete,mistakes all over the place especially in the back end,Thomas has not looked good.
On the bright side Marchands suspension in over that should infuse some energy and unscramble three lines.
I'm still looking for a trade got to upgrade the D.
Wanger 09:23 AM 01-18-2012
...and the Wild got OWNED again last night. I suoppose it would be nice if they could actually keep people healthy. Maybe then they could field a competitive team again.
icehog3 09:49 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
...and the Wild got OWNED again last night. I suoppose it would be nice if they could actually keep people healthy. Maybe then they could field a competitive team again.
Koivu is out, right?

Hawks play the Sabres tonight, I am guessing Buffalo will start Enroth as Ryan Miller looks like his days are numbered. If he didn't have such a huge contract, I am guessing the Sabres would move him before the deadline.
Wanger 11:33 AM 01-18-2012
Koivu is out, right?

Hawks play the Sabres tonight, I am guessing Buffalo will start Enroth as Ryan Miller looks like his days are numbered. If he didn't have such a huge contract, I am guessing the Sabres would move him before the deadline.
Yup. He's out. Last I heard, it was supposed to be a month or more.

Bouchard and Latendresse are still out, as well, and they've been playing musical goalies with injuries and other things that Backstrom and Harding have been dealing with, and there have been several other players in and out of the lineup that have been expected to contribute heavily this year.
E.J. 09:26 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Watching on DVR....nice first for the Avs. Even better to see Mueller out there.
Mueller lights the lamp!!!!

Go Avs!!!!
44stampede 09:31 PM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Yup. He's out. Last I heard, it was supposed to be a month or more.

Bouchard and Latendresse are still out, as well, and they've been playing musical goalies with injuries and other things that Backstrom and Harding have been dealing with, and there have been several other players in and out of the lineup that have been expected to contribute heavily this year.
The Wild rode the percentages for a while (as well as crazy good goaltending) and it was a matter of time before they came back down to earth. Injuries are hurting them for sure but they are barely a 8-10th place team in the Western Con. in the best of times.
44stampede 09:38 PM 01-18-2012
CAn someone please tell me WTF is up with Getzlaf? He is doing nothing for me on my fantasy pool...
Page 30 of 82
« First < 20282930 31324080 > Last »
Up