Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 30 of 104
« First < 20282930 31324080 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
icehog3 06:35 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Good luck to the Canes and Hawks. Go Bruins!
Original Six Finals? :-) :-)
taltos 06:38 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Original Six Finals? :-) :-)
We can only hope Tom.:-)
icehog3 06:48 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
We can only hope Tom.:-)
If they do, and it goes to Game 7, I need a ticket, Paul. :-) :-)
SmokeyJoe 07:29 PM 04-12-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I have been looking, any idea what time Joe? :-)
Not posted yet... only saw that it was coming out tonight. :-)
Waynegro1 10:18 PM 04-12-2009
Looks like the schedule for the first round is up, fellas. :-)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebywee...d=NAV|SCH|Main
bugmenot 11:00 PM 04-12-2009
Hoping the Sharks/Ducks series will be a good one. Maybe the Ducks won't play as dirty as they normally do?

Can't wait for the Boston series as well. These two series are the ones that I know will not need any time to get heated up. Don't know enough about the rest of the east to comment any more though. Philly and Pit have a good rivalry?
smokeyandthebandit05 11:11 PM 04-12-2009
Can I ask you guys a question. How come not many people are fans of the Devils? Or are there any closet fans? I know I cant wait till the play. Seems like a good match up if the canes dont hand us goals in front of an open net lol :-)
Waynegro1 12:46 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Can I ask you guys a question. How come not many people are fans of the Devils? Or are there any closet fans? I know I cant wait till the play. Seems like a good match up if the canes dont hand us goals in front of an open net lol :-)
My 8 year old son is a huge fan. Next to the Blues, the Devils are his favorite team.
Quick story:
My son only has one reason for loving the Devils. He talks about the 2000 Stanley Cup Champions as if he was in the arena that night. The fact is, he was in my arms that night, in a hospital room while his Ma slept off 22 hours of labor. It was an awesome evening. I had no dog in the fight, but have loved hockey since I'm 4 years old. I spoke to him as if he undersood, explaining the rules and who was doing what during the game. He was just staring at the hospital TV smiling throughout the game.
So, I have, what appears to be a lifelong Devils fan for one reason and one reason only....he was born June 10th, the year the Devils beat the Stars, 2-1 in the 2nd OT of game 6.
He talks as if he was consciously aware, of what happend to be his first televison experience.
If you ever feel like a lonley Devils fan, know that you have an 8-year-old, Squirt hockey player living in Missouri named Nico. :-)
Ahbroody 12:51 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by bugmenot:
Hoping the Sharks/Ducks series will be a good one. Maybe the Ducks won't play as dirty as they normally do?
Not optimistic about this. Given the last game between these two and the riot that occurred at the end. This is the one team I didnt want the sharks to see in the first round. Pronger is going to go Pronger on someone and Perry well he took lessons from Pronger apparently. I am really hoping the refs dont put the whistles in their pockets. I am thinking the league will be on top of them. The refs who did their last regular season game let that get away from them in a hurry.

One things for sure I doubt who ever wins will go much further as this one will be a violent series. Hell even the guys on the nhl channel on XM radio were saying this was going to be an ugly series.
bugmenot 01:01 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Not optimistic about this. Given the last game between these two and the riot that occurred at the end. This is the one team I didnt want the sharks to see in the first round. Pronger is going to go Pronger on someone and Perry well he took lessons from Pronger apparently. I am really hoping the refs dont put the whistles in their pockets. I am thinking the league will be on top of them. The refs who did their last regular season game let that get away from them in a hurry.

One things for sure I doubt who ever wins will go much further as this one will be a violent series. Hell even the guys on the nhl channel on XM radio were saying this was going to be an ugly series.
Oh, I completely agree with Pronger/Perry. It appears he found his protege... I hate Pronger, likes to start stuff, but NEVER finishes what he starts. Refs always tend to loose the whistle at the end of the season, and then it never makes it to the rink for playoffs.

Sharks seem to always get a really physical team the first round, and then get banged up, definitely not what they needed with all the injuries they had late. We will see if this is the year they respond correctly to the physicality, and the much closer checked games. Thornton is going to have to learn to deal with it, and to shoot the damn puck. Guy has an amazing shot, and you wouldn't even know it. Would also be nice if Cheecho could do something productive.
smokeyandthebandit05 08:15 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
My 8 year old son is a huge fan. Next to the Blues, the Devils are his favorite team.
Quick story:
My son only has one reason for loving the Devils. He talks about the 2000 Stanley Cup Champions as if he was in the arena that night. The fact is, he was in my arms that night, in a hospital room while his Ma slept off 22 hours of labor. It was an awesome evening. I had no dog in the fight, but have loved hockey since I'm 4 years old. I spoke to him as if he undersood, explaining the rules and who was doing what during the game. He was just staring at the hospital TV smiling throughout the game.
So, I have, what appears to be a lifelong Devils fan for one reason and one reason only....he was born June 10th, the year the Devils beat the Stars, 2-1 in the 2nd OT of game 6.
He talks as if he was consciously aware, of what happend to be his first televison experience.
If you ever feel like a lonley Devils fan, know that you have an 8-year-old, Squirt hockey player living in Missouri named Nico. :-)

Hahahahha that is awesome!
ahc4353 08:22 AM 04-13-2009

Cuz listening to Chico Resch perform oral favors to "Marty" for an entire game makes real men wanna puke. I swear to God I hate the Devils only because of the Devils announcers.
SmokeyJoe 09:23 AM 04-13-2009
:-) Okay... I see how its gonna be.

When I thought the Hurricanes were facing the Flyers, I had a little wager, but that fell through.

Care to pick up the slack, smokey? How about a fiver on the Devils/'Canes Series? No need to go crazy... just five good sticks.

Let me know... sometime before the Devils go up three to none on the Hurricanes! :-)
Ahbroody 11:14 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Cuz listening to Chico Resch perform oral favors to "Marty" for an entire game makes real men wanna puke. I swear to God I hate the Devils only because of the Devils announcers.
You all got it bad over there. I remember last season I heard Sherry Ross for the first time. I was not impressed. I cant remember what she said, but it was a WTF? moment. The booth went silent. It appeared even the play by play guy was at a loss for words. She appears to be geting better of the brodcasts I heard this year, but it still seems strained at time.
jamesb3 02:58 PM 04-13-2009
Well the Wings get to play Colombus in the first round. Hopefully the end of the season was not an indicator of how are series is going to be. Could be a tough series if they don't play better than they have. Will see Thursday.

Congrats to your "Hawks Tom. Wish them success in the playoffs unless it's against the Wings of course!:-)
icehog3 03:12 PM 04-13-2009
Thanks James....you know I am rooting for the Wings with the same disclaimer. I don't think the Jackets have the firepower, I would say the best chance among the 8 series for a sweep.
smokeyandthebandit05 10:04 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
:-) Okay... I see how its gonna be.

When I thought the Hurricanes were facing the Flyers, I had a little wager, but that fell through.

Care to pick up the slack, smokey? How about a fiver on the Devils/'Canes Series? No need to go crazy... just five good sticks.

Let me know... sometime before the Devils go up three to none on the Hurricanes! :-)
We might be able to work somethin out lol

and

Tom on MSG+ (Not sure if u get it) they are playin the game where Brodeur and the Devils beat the Hawks for the winning record.:-)
icehog3 10:07 PM 04-13-2009
We might be able to work somethin out lol

and

Tom on MSG+ (Not sure if u get it) they are playin the game where Brodeur and the Devils beat the Hawks for the winning record.:-)
I watched it live....though I am a Hawks guy, I like Marty and was happy to see him beat POS Roy's record. :-)
ahc4353 10:19 PM 04-13-2009
Just want to wish everyone who has a dog in the fight the best of luck. And those that don't, I hope you get great tee times. :-)
icehog3 10:25 PM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Just want to wish everyone who has a dog in the fight the best of luck. And those that don't, I hope you get great tee times. :-)
Woof! :-)
Page 30 of 104
« First < 20282930 31324080 > Last »
Up