Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 30 of 40
« First < 20282930 3132 > Last »
Sports>College Hoops Thread '09-'10
Resipsa 06:21 PM 03-20-2010
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Kansas lost!
This, IMHO, was a team that was vastly overrated all year long. Not surprised at all.
[Reply]
jcruse64 06:30 PM 03-20-2010
:-) :-(

No crying emoticon, or it'd be all over this post!

Murray definitely had a great chance here, but it is VERY hard to win a game when you turn the ball over +10 times, much less 16. AND not hit free throws. FT alone cost them the win. Tough loss, but VERY glad to see my old school win a game here, and proud of 'em for hanging tough. Rebounds and a better shooting % kept them in there. Butler will need to do better than this against a school that can hang on to the ball better. They got it done today though, and my hat off to them and good luck!

Kansas.... oh my!!!! :-):-):-). Takes the sting out a little :-).

Some fun games to watch here. Pac-10 representing well, good on you, Washington!

Poet, you keep this up and your keyboard will melt!!!
[Reply]
jcruse64 09:19 PM 03-20-2010
UK looked strong again tonight. Shaky start, but they rubbed the sleepies out of their eyes pretty quickly, and really handled Wake well. Looking forward to watching the other #1's play.
[Reply]
jcruse64 12:39 PM 03-21-2010
'Cuse looked good today, what I saw of the game. The Buckeyes are having a rough start though.

Still can't believe Kansas got knocked off. You can only ht the snooze button so many times. I hope UK remembers that.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 12:57 PM 03-21-2010
Syracuse is going to take it all the way this year.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 01:25 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by jcruse64:
UK looked strong again tonight. Shaky start, but they rubbed the sleepies out of their eyes pretty quickly, and really handled Wake well. Looking forward to watching the other #1's play.
I went to Nawlins to the game...it was amazing. UK is looking very strong, when they come to play no one can touch them. These last two games have shown how many truly good players they have. Aside from the obvious stars, Darius Miller, Dodson, Orton, and Liggins have all stepped up at times.

The three point shooting has improved dramatically lately, if they keep shooting the ball well, they will keep winning big.

That said, they are going to have some tough games coming up. Right now GT and WV are tied...could be an interesting Sunday :-)

Go Big BLUE!
[Reply]
Resipsa 01:27 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
:-)

Syracuse, which leads the nation in shooting percentage (51.6 percent), hit 7 of 14 from beyond the arc in the first half in taking a 47-32 lead. They finished 12 of 25 on 3s.:-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 01:43 PM 03-21-2010
[Reply]
Resipsa 01:51 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:

Syracuse, which leads the nation in shooting percentage (51.6 percent), hit 7 of 14 from beyond the arc in the first half in taking a 47-32 lead. They finished 12 of 25 on 3s.:-)
bump:-):-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:10 PM 03-21-2010
I would love to see a Cuse and UK final, but I dont see Cuse getting past KSU.
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:32 PM 03-21-2010

:-):-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:36 PM 03-21-2010
:-):-)
Whatever makes you feel good :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:36 PM 03-21-2010
Gotta love Cornell! :-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 03:02 PM 03-21-2010
Amazing finish in the Mich State/Maryland game!
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 03:43 PM 03-21-2010
I think if Syracuse plays like they did against Zaga then they should have no problem against KSU. I am from Syracuse so I gotta go with them no matter what.
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:04 PM 03-21-2010
I think if Syracuse plays like they did against Zaga then they should have no problem against KSU. I am from Syracuse so I gotta go with them no matter what.
The best way to beat the 'Cuse is to outshoot them from beyond the arc. If you can't do that it's going to be a tough row to hoe. I don't see them having a problem with Kansas, and further down the road Kentucky is not a good 3 shooting team, and most likely would face a matchup nightmare against Syraucse.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:20 PM 03-21-2010
The best way to beat the 'Cuse is to outshoot them from beyond the arc. If you can't do that it's going to be a tough row to hoe. I don't see them having a problem with Kansas, and further down the road Kentucky is not a good 3 shooting team, and most likely would face a matchup nightmare against Syraucse.
I will have to disagree here for sure...they way to beat a 3 pt shooting team is not to try to out shoot them. UK would beat them with crazy defensive pressure and upping the tempo to a pace SU could not handle. Kentucky is to athletic, to good in the post, and will be able to penetrate against SU.

You are right about UK not being a good 3 pt shooting team, but they have not had issues playing against good shooting teams this year. When UK plays well, nobody can handle all of the threats (Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson, Miller, Liggins, Dodson, etc.)
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:36 PM 03-21-2010
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I will have to disagree here for sure...they way to beat a 3 pt shooting team is not to try to out shoot them. UK would beat them with crazy defensive pressure and upping the tempo to a pace SU could not handle. Kentucky is to athletic, to good in the post, and will be able to penetrate against SU.

You are right about UK not being a good 3 pt shooting team, but they have not had issues playing against good shooting teams this year. When UK plays well, nobody can handle all of the threats (Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson, Miller, Liggins, Dodson, etc.)
SU's strength isn't their shooting accuracy, it's their D. The offense is a nice little bonus. Few teams play the 2-3 zone, and Syracuse is the master of it, it's extremely difficult to penetrate against them. If the two
play and Kentucky can't hit from
long range, it's going to be a problem for them
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:52 PM 03-21-2010
Keep in mind UK beat Louisville and their stingy 2-3 zone. Also, keep in my UL beat Cuse...twice!
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:21 PM 03-21-2010
Which proves what? :-)h

Look, if they play each other I guess we'll find out who wins, won't we? Until then my opinion of Kentucky is much the same as it is of Kansas, ovverrated. Kentucky consisently struggled all year against teams they suppossedly were a lot better than. Play like that now and you're goin home. And no, you're not going to change my mind:-)
[Reply]
Page 30 of 40
« First < 20282930 3132 > Last »
Up