Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 30 of 350
« First < 20282930 31324080130 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Mugen910 05:25 PM 12-09-2008
Prob wrong thread but what the heck...Not quite pumping iron but I got my heart racing! The weather was mild in New England (48*) tonight so I went for a 5k with the GF...She kicked my .... Uhm I mean I let her win so her ego wouldn't get shot! :-) Amazing how fast aerobic endurance can go to the crapper..

Hope everyone did something healthy to get their blood pumpin' today. :-)
goalie204 06:08 PM 12-09-2008
I got a friend thats been training 16 years and is a nutrition and workout/get healthy god, so i won't be trying to start any debates on here no worrys :P
King James 09:03 PM 12-09-2008
shoveling snow/sleet mix is a good workout
Mugen910 09:28 PM 12-09-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
yeah cant wait till it snows here so i can shovel and get more exercise. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
icehog3 10:11 PM 12-09-2008
When you are young....when you get older, it is the key to a premature heart attack. :-)
zemekone 12:40 PM 12-10-2008
Looks like us So*Cal guys are missing a good workout :-)
Mugen910 12:42 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by zemekone:
Looks like us So*Cal guys are missing a good workout :-)
You have no idea! :-)
Genetic Defect 02:04 PM 12-10-2008
:-)
Mugen910 07:25 AM 12-11-2008
Nothing crazy last night...went to the gym and did all upper body till failure. Legs still a bit sore from the 5k jog.
Starscream 07:52 AM 12-11-2008
It's been a week since I last did a leg workout. My legs have just now returned to feeling normal (no ache and pain). Ready for round two this afternoon.
icehog3 10:17 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
It's been a week since I last did a leg workout. My legs have just now returned to feeling normal (no ache and pain). Ready for round two this afternoon.
Hope you cut your recovery time a little on this one, Andy! :-)
Starscream 10:38 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hope you cut your recovery time a little on this one, Andy! :-)
I'm guessing it'll be a lot shorter. I should be able to get back to working legs every other day.
Chris. 11:46 AM 12-11-2008
try not to work them so hard and your recovery times will be a lot shorter. I work legs twice a week and incorporate a little leg workout every time I go to the gym. My problem is with squats and deadlifts, I get lightheaded and short of breath. I can't figure it out or get it to stop unless I take a good 1 minute break between sets...:-)
Starscream 01:46 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Chris.:
try not to work them so hard and your recovery times will be a lot shorter. I work legs twice a week and incorporate a little leg workout every time I go to the gym. My problem is with squats and deadlifts, I get lightheaded and short of breath. I can't figure it out or get it to stop unless I take a good 1 minute break between sets...:-)
Long recovery time was due to it being my first time working those muscles seriously in almost two years.
Chris. 01:56 PM 12-11-2008
oh, yea, I understand that! Been there just a few months ago. But take it easy(lighter weight or just don't do one thing until failure) for a few workouts and your muscles will get used to the work again.
Mugen910 02:02 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Chris.:
oh, yea, I understand that! Been there just a few months ago. But take it easy(lighter weight or just don't do one thing until failure) for a few workouts and your muscles will get used to the work again.
my problem is I don't go to the gym more than 2-3x a week so when I go I feel that I have to do all upper body and assume jogging will help the lower body.
Genetic Defect 02:07 PM 12-11-2008
You can go to the gym 3 times a week and get legs in there
Chris. 02:10 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
my problem is I don't go to the gym more than 2-3x a week so when I go I feel that I have to do all upper body and assume jogging will help the lower body.
thats all I go too. Between school and work it is really hard to get in the gym more than 2x/week for me. Now that school is out for the holidays, I'll be in there 3 to 4 times a week I hope.
smitdavi 02:12 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I drove an old 77 pick-up in high school that was a manual with no power steering lol. Talk about a beast. When I would get done lifting for football it was always a trip to try to drive that thing home with noodle legs and arms

Been about 3 1/2 months straight (4+ days in the gym a week) now for me in the gym. Finally starting to loose weight. Def picked up some bulk in my arms and chest, my suit jackets are a little tight in through the arms and chest this year :-)
Genetic Defect 02:20 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by smitdavi:
I drove an old 77 pick-up in high school that was a manual with no power steering lol. Talk about a beast. When I would get done lifting for football it was always a trip to try to drive that thing home with noodle legs and arms

Been about 3 1/2 months straight (4+ days in the gym a week) now for me in the gym. Finally starting to loose weight. Def picked up some bulk in my arms and chest, my pants are a little tight ithis year :-)
I would love to get to the gym
Page 30 of 350
« First < 20282930 31324080130 > Last »
Up