Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 30 of 111
« First < 20282930 31324080 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:30 PM 10-27-2010
6er Founders Red Rye PA
6er Bell's Two Hearted
4pack Founders Breakfast Stout

Also, they had a 4pack of Nemisis but it was $18. Can anyone tell me if its worth buying?
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:49 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:

Also, they had a 4pack of Nemisis but it was $18. Can anyone tell me if its worth buying?
If you like barley wines then I would say pick it up. It's good now and will keep getting better.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:55 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
If you like barley wines then I would say pick it up. It's good now and will keep getting better.
Thanks for the advice Dave. I'm not the biggest barley wine fan, so I think I'll pass.
[Reply]
Lumpold 09:23 AM 10-28-2010
Ciders (L-R):Knight's Premium Reserve Cider, (2x) Thatcher's Green Goblin, (2x) Thatcher's Single Variety Cox's Cider, Thatcher's Old Rascal, Brother's Toffee Apple Cider

Beers (L-R): J.W. Lee's Moonraker, Whychwood King Goblin, Green King IPA Export, Titanic Stout, Holt's 1849, Bateman's Dark Lord
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:38 AM 10-28-2010
I see you got your own Dark Lord Lumpy. :-)

Another great looking lineup Lumpy.
[Reply]
Lumpold 09:59 AM 10-28-2010

Cheers :-)

I should see if I can find some of yours and do a side by side! :-)

You know, looking at it... Knight, Green Goblin, King Goblin, Greene King, Old Rascal, Dark Lord, Moonraker*... it would seem my drinking choices are strongly influenced by the Fantasy Fiction genre.

*Hell, this one is all about Bond :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:02 PM 10-28-2010
Bond Beers. James Bond Beers.
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:46 PM 10-29-2010
I happened to be in the store today when the delivery guy brought in the Surly Darkness. I had pretty much written off finding one. The store got one case, and almost all of them were spoken for before they were sold. I happened to be there at the right time. :-)

I also picked up some Nosferatu, a bottle of Eric's Ale, both of which are excellent beers. But, I wasn't paying attention and grabbed a bottle of "Southern" Henisphere Harvest rather than "Northern." Not sure how fresh this will be. :-)

[Reply]
warren G. 01:54 PM 10-29-2010
Got a case of Spaten Optimator and Abita Amber.
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:17 PM 10-29-2010
Very cool and lucky Warren. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 09:16 PM 10-29-2010
Dammit, Warren! What about your local brothers here?!?!

:-)
[Reply]
Lumpold 07:54 AM 10-31-2010
Greene King's Suffolk Springer, Morland's Old Crafty Hen, Weston's Old Rosie Scrumpy, Thatcher's Old Rascal
[Reply]
icehog3 07:56 AM 10-31-2010
Bond Beers. James Bond Beers.
[Reply]
Lumpold 03:09 PM 11-02-2010
ImageImageImage
A couple of old favourites, a new favourite, and some more to try out!

Also, just bought £30 of bottles, you'll get photos when they come in, but Lumpy found a decent stockist for American beers - got a DFH Raison D'Etre and a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:37 PM 11-02-2010

O_O whenever anyone says Dark Lord I keep thinking Three Floyds :-).
[Reply]
Lumpold 05:06 PM 11-02-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
O_O whenever anyone says Dark Lord I keep thinking Three Floyds :-).
Yeah, I can't get the Three Floyd's one over here :-)

The Bateman's one I get is very nice, although with everything I hear about the other, I want some of that too...
[Reply]
Bill86 05:13 PM 11-02-2010
Yeah the dark lord is an exclusive need ticket event......such a pain. Getting bottles on ebay sucks. The cost is like 3-5 times the MSRP. I refuse to pay it, for now. Someday maybe.

I cannot get Three Floyds short of a serious road trip. When my parents were in Indiana I had them get me a case of Dreadnaught...it was EPIC. Also 6 of robert the bruce and 6 of alpha king. It's was all gone within a month -_-.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 05:14 PM 11-02-2010
I'm the same Bill. I can get consistently good beer where I'm at but none of the HTF or low production stuff. One of these days though I'll try some Dark Lord and some Surly and some 3 Floyds and and and........ lol
[Reply]
Bill86 05:30 PM 11-02-2010
To make it worse I cannot buy beer online! :-) Tennessee!

Someday....I have a huge beer wish list and damnit one day I'll make it all happen. Due to the liquor store remodeling I haven't had a beer in about a month, although once its done they'll have a full refrigerated room from what I gather. The beers definitely going to be stored cold either way :-).

List of breweries I haven't had any of beers from.
Russian river
Surly
Alesmith
Bells
Founders
Cigar City

I'm going to work on that though once I get employed again. I'm thinking a Kentucky run is in order. Definitely gotta get on those Imperial stouts from bells/founders/alesmith.
[Reply]
Lumpold 05:41 PM 11-02-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
To make it worse I cannot buy beer online! :-) Tennessee!
That bites! I just dropped approx $50 on beer online! Liquor stores here sell a million types of lager, and few ales. Supermarkets sell more ales, but only bigger breweries. Online is where I get a lot of the smaller batch stuff I drink!
[Reply]
Page 30 of 111
« First < 20282930 31324080 > Last »
Up