Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 30 of 37
« First < 20282930 3132 > Last »
Sports>Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010
auburnfan1980 04:20 PM 11-27-2010
Just thought I'd share this with you guys....

I'm sitting at my local shop, and there's a customer who just walked in that comes in who's an Alabama grad and his son even played basketball for the Tide, so needless to say, they're rabid Bama fans. We stuck up a friendship through cigars when I ran the store about a year ago and he's introduced me to Richard Todd and some other famous Bama athletes from years past. The customer comes in, shakes my hand, gives me a hard time about the game and then says, "...to the victor goes the spoils" while handing me a My Father Limited 2010. VERY classy gesture from a classy guy and even though he's not a member on here, just thought I'd share the story of a fine example of a good sport! :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 04:39 PM 11-27-2010
Look at Arkansas getting work done!
[Reply]
Pass 05:29 PM 11-27-2010
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOIIIEEEEEEE!!!! My Hogs win it 31-23 in regulation!!! That should wrap up the Sugar Bowl bid AND bring the Golden Boot trophy home where it belongs!

WOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOIIEEEEEEE!!

PS: Time to burn up that Opus X that I've been saving for this win!!
[Reply]
hammondc 05:38 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOIIIEEEEEEE!!!! My Hogs win it 31-23 in regulation!!! That should wrap up the Sugar Bowl bid AND bring the Golden Boot trophy home where it belongs!

WOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOIIEEEEEEE!!

PS: Time to burn up that Opus X that I've been saving for this win!!
THAT game was a thing of beauty. Congrats to them. I am always happy seeing LSU go down.
[Reply]
Pass 05:39 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by hammondc:
THAT game was a thing of beauty. Congrats to them. I am always happy seeing LSU go down.
You and me both, brother! You and me both!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:17 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
You and me both, brother! You and me both!
Me, Three!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:17 PM 11-27-2010
My season is officially a giant turd.
[Reply]
ir13 11:50 PM 11-27-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
Helloooo? Anyone seen Joey? He suuure is quiet today! :-)
Been watching some great football for the last two days.

Should be a good game next week and the better team will prevail.

PM me your addy and ill get your winnings out to you.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:37 AM 11-28-2010
My mighty mighty Gamecocks got that work done on Clemson last night. Now...time to avenge September 25th and hand Auburn their first loss of the season next week.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 03:06 PM 11-28-2010
Originally Posted by ir13:
Been watching some great football for the last two days.

Should be a good game next week and the better team will prevail.

PM me your addy and ill get your winnings out to you.
Tis not necessary, sir....just thought I'd give you a hard time :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:04 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I hope I don't hear Saban, in next week, say anything about players NOT giving 60 minutes of play, because Nick only gave 30 minutes of coaching! Why take a winning pln in the 1st half, and go 180 degrees away from it in 2nd?????? Great plan for 2nd half- Pass, pass, pass to Julio Jones. And, by all means, in the second half, let's not Blitz!!!!!!! WTF. This loss was a coaching loss, not a player loss.
Originally Posted by longknocker:
I Agree; Nick Was Outcoached. I Know He's Conservative By Nature, But Do Something Different "Occasionally"!:-)
You know, and I hate to say it, but we were outcoached more than once this year. I just can't figure out why we refuse to keep our foot on somebody's neck when we've got them right where we want them. They did the same damn thing last year with Texas and it almost cost us. Bama left at least 17 points on the table early in the game and then in the second half just completely lay an egg.

Oh well, congrats to the barn, good luck against the cocks, and if you make it to the dance against the ducks, there ain't no way the ducks win that game. Go get 'em.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 08:29 AM 11-29-2010
Bowl Eligible! From a season that started out as a an absolute turd! My Vols finished out strong!
[Reply]
longknocker 08:56 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by BloodSpite:
Bowl Eligible! From a season that started out as a an absolute turd! My Vols finished out strong!
Yes, They Did! Congrats!:-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 02:05 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by BloodSpite:
...and in the process, I think you guys found your QB. Bray has shown some flashes of great potential!
[Reply]
OLS 10:08 AM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My season is officially a giant turd.
Well we know why that was, don't we old man.....FIRST, I would like to officially congratulate the HOG
FANS, one in particular, too. I forgot to come in here and humbly do that after the game, but I had a
butt pucker going on directing a particularly scary webcast that day. The next day I was BEAT. SO I hope
my congrats today suffice. Second I'd like to congratulate the LSU Tigers for doing a whole lot with very
little. Nice job.
Auburn....ehh. They whipped OUR a$$ for sure, but I am not all that excited about where that goes from
here. Even for the SEC. I will cheer them on in whatever bowl they find themselves in. But I am not happy
we lost by a freaking tiny touchdown. But we won by just as little this year ourselves, so good work.
[Reply]
Pass 04:23 PM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Well we know why that was, don't we old man.....FIRST, I would like to officially congratulate the HOG
FANS, one in particular, too. I forgot to come in here and humbly do that after the game, but I had a
butt pucker going on directing a particularly scary webcast that day. The next day I was BEAT. SO I hope
my congrats today suffice. Second I'd like to congratulate the LSU Tigers for doing a whole lot with very
little. Nice job.
Auburn....ehh. They whipped OUR a$$ for sure, but I am not all that excited about where that goes from
here. Even for the SEC. I will cheer them on in whatever bowl they find themselves in. But I am not happy
we lost by a freaking tiny touchdown. But we won by just as little this year ourselves, so good work.
Woo Pig Sooiee!

I'll admit, that game had me nervous for the first about 10min or so. Both the Hogs and LSU seemed to be suffering fluke-itis or something. I've never seen so many rare screw-ups at one time. Fumbles, dropped kicks, slippery ball syndrome during that one punt where NO ONE could seem to get ahold of it. Bad snaps from both teams and missed FGs from both teams on consecutive drives. It was just odd.

Glad things settled a bit, though. It did seem like a typical LSU/ARK game after that... We both left a lot of points on the table. Of course, there were also some magical moments for the Hogs (I'm lookin at you, Mallet & Hamilton & Adams). It was a great game!!
[Reply]
OLS 07:41 AM 12-01-2010
I only lament missing wins, but three years running now I have been working the kart race while
this game is on. I am not sure, I know LSU has lost at least two of the last three. Maybe all of em.
But since they lost, I am glad I missed it. It is also the ONLY other game where I have failed to wear a
LSU shirt. They lost both. The other was the Auburn game. I tried throwing one on in the 4th Quarter of
that one but it was no use. I need to be more concious of my part in the wins and gear up properly.
[Reply]
Powers 07:50 AM 12-01-2010
Yeah, I wish I could blame the Gators performance this year on not wearing my lucky orange n' blue underwear.......
[Reply]
hammondc 09:00 AM 12-01-2010
Anyone else here think my Mighty Mighty Hell Chickens will take down AU this saturday? I am seeing upset IF they contain Cam Newton and IF fumble/Int Garcia does not show up.
[Reply]
BloodSpite 09:07 AM 12-01-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
...and in the process, I think you guys found your QB. Bray has shown some flashes of great potential!
When this year set out I think most Vols knew it was going to be The Suck. I won't lie i figured it was going to be painful to watch and it was.

However if these last few games are any bit of a indicator next year should be really good for us, and the year after that has no excuse to not be phenomenal

As for the Hogs? I live 2 miles from the Arkansas line and less than 30 miles from Fayetteville. Great work by'em!! They earned it after the Nutt debacle!
[Reply]
Page 30 of 37
« First < 20282930 3132 > Last »
Up