Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 30 of 54
« First < 20282930 313240 > Last »
General Discussion>iphone 4 just announced.
Samsquanch 04:31 PM 06-25-2010
Stood in line for 20 minutes this morning, glad I didn't waste hours in line yesterday! Loving this phone, of course my productivity at work today dropped to practically nil.

No yellowing of the screen. No reduced signal when holding it, no matter how hard I try. I have seen some reports of broken phones though, so be careful and buy a case. I'm avoiding the Apple "Bumper" case, $29 for a piece of molded rubber that probably costs $.25 to make?? Crazy, plenty of aftermarket options headed our way.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 04:33 PM 06-25-2010
Wondering who out there has a good iPhone Cigar app? Something with inventory controls, info on cigars, ratings perhaps. It would be sick if we could take a picture of a cigar and it would look it up...
[Reply]
J0eybb 04:36 PM 06-25-2010
Will it blend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLreo24WYeQ
[Reply]
Blueface 05:50 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by andpeo23:
Stood in line for 20 minutes this morning, glad I didn't waste hours in line yesterday! Loving this phone, of course my productivity at work today dropped to practically nil.

No yellowing of the screen. No reduced signal when holding it, no matter how hard I try. I have seen some reports of broken phones though, so be careful and buy a case. I'm avoiding the Apple "Bumper" case, $29 for a piece of molded rubber that probably costs $.25 to make?? Crazy, plenty of aftermarket options headed our way.
That's great.
Where on Earth did you manage to get one today?
[Reply]
sikk50 06:47 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by andpeo23:
Wondering who out there has a good iPhone Cigar app? Something with inventory controls, info on cigars, ratings perhaps. It would be sick if we could take a picture of a cigar and it would look it up...
Our own KenS. It's called Mobile Stogie
[Reply]
WyGuy 07:32 PM 06-25-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Our own KenS. It's called Mobile Stogie
:-) Great app!
[Reply]
The Professor 06:17 AM 06-26-2010
Interesting theory abouft the antena issue.

http://nyti.ms/d3CUAA
[Reply]
shilala 07:55 AM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
Interesting theory abouft the antena issue.

http://nyti.ms/d3CUAA
Dokk, there's a link on page about colors.
Wanna bet the next rev is funky colors? It makes sense. Makes the design change make a lot of sense, too. Since the hardware is so far ahead of the curve, there's plenty of time to add colors and an OS update.
[Reply]
The Professor 08:17 AM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Dokk, there's a link on page about colors.
Wanna bet the next rev is funky colors? It makes sense. Makes the design change make a lot of sense, too. Since the hardware is so far ahead of the curve, there's plenty of time to add colors and an OS update.
I don't think they'll do it. Apple's move in recent years has been *away* from bright, flashy things and *toward* minimalist, industrial design. They did the flashy colors years ago with the iMac ... and then they stopped. Their push has been to do a few things and do them well -- don't overwhelm the consumers with too many choices at the top level; just offer a few models make them well.

I was surprised, honestly, to see so many options with the bumpers since they've basically left the colorful accessory market up to 3rd parties.

Anyway, I could be wrong about all that. Based on everything I've seen, though (recently and going all the way back to Steve Jobs's return to the company), I can't see them going beyond black, white, and metal (aluminum and stainless steel, for the time being).

:-)

PS, and I think there's going to be an iOS 4.0.1 update on Monday or Tuesday at the latest, which will fix the antenna and possibly the proximity sensor sensitivity (I face-dialed someone yesterday when the phone angled away from my ear). Appleinsider has a story about the software fix: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._ios_4_01.html
[Reply]
shilala 09:00 AM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I don't think they'll do it. Apple's move in recent years has been *away* from bright, flashy things and *toward* minimalist, industrial design. They did the flashy colors years ago with the iMac ... and then they stopped. Their push has been to do a few things and do them well -- don't overwhelm the consumers with too many choices at the top level; just offer a few models make them well.

I was surprised, honestly, to see so many options with the bumpers since they've basically left the colorful accessory market up to 3rd parties.

Anyway, I could be wrong about all that. Based on everything I've seen, though (recently and going all the way back to Steve Jobs's return to the company), I can't see them going beyond black, white, and metal (aluminum and stainless steel, for the time being).

:-)

PS, and I think there's going to be an iOS 4.0.1 update on Monday or Tuesday at the latest, which will fix the antenna and possibly the proximity sensor sensitivity (I face-dialed someone yesterday when the phone angled away from my ear). Appleinsider has a story about the software fix: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._ios_4_01.html
You oughta see the ipods, Dokk. The innovation has really slipped since they added umpteen colors. They even make special colors for special causes.
Apple cycles. Right now they have all their minds on the ipad and the iphone 4. Now that they're loosed up, I expect they'll roll out tons of these ideas in ipod. Ipod touch is due for an update, too. Facetime and OS 4.0 will be huge on the touch. It'd sell a billion units. Any kid worth their salt has a touch, and if they aren't carrying one, they want one.
At second thought, Facetime might be a little scary with ipod touch with all the issues about kids getting sexy over broadband. It'd probably meet a lot of controversy, so they may stay away from camera-ing up the touch. Jobs has been in love with colors since the Mac. I think he likes colors even more cause Gates made foolish of him for it. He said something like "So Purple is an innovation in computing?"
iPhone is so hot right now that I can't see colors real soon, but I'd bet on it for the next rollout. The design allows for it now, it didn't before. Even if it doesn't happen, it's had to be on their minds when they went with the like front and back.
I'd totally rock a dark red 4Gs. :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 12:23 PM 06-26-2010
Got an email last night that my phone shipped! 5days ahead of schedule!
[Reply]
Samsquanch 12:55 PM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
That's great.
Where on Earth did you manage to get one today?
Apple store- they released all the reserved ones that didn't get picked up on Thursday.
[Reply]
smitdavi 02:55 PM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Got an email last night that my phone shipped! 5days ahead of schedule!
Damn.....I keep checking to see if I will get mine shipped out early.

crossingfingers
[Reply]
Wanger 06:55 AM 06-28-2010
We stopped at the store yesterday to play with them a bit, and realized that I wasn't on a reserve list. I am now. :-) After playing with one for a bit, I definitely like the functionality of it. Hopefully I'll get the e-mail relatively soon that I need to go pick it up, but I won't be holding my breath.
[Reply]
sikk50 09:28 AM 06-28-2010
Two more days!
[Reply]
Blueface 04:08 PM 06-29-2010
Picked up my phone on day one last Thursday and used it with the charge it came with.
Since then, I have used it non stop.
I just charged it for the 3rd time since getting it.
This new battery is amazing!!!

On a funny note, my 3 yr old grandson, who always plays with my iPhone, immediately notices I have a new one and was handing him the old one to play with.

He repeatedly insisted on seeing the new one and I kept telling him they were both the same. Eventually, I gave in. The moment he turned it on, I swear his response was "Wow". His eyes lit up and immediately told me, I really like this new iPhone. He went on to repeat it over and over.

Moral of that story.......................even a 3 year old can figure out the new iPhone rocks!!!
[Reply]
sikk50 04:26 PM 06-29-2010
Mines on it's way from Memphis to LA right now. Schedualed to be in my hand by 10:30am tomorrow!
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:33 PM 06-29-2010
I was not going to get an iPhone 4 right away -- but I dropped my 3GS this weekend and the screen shattered... The InvisiShield is all that is holding it together... I went in to the AT&T store today and picked one up. Now I just need to get a case :-)

Just finished syncing it, so I have not really spent any time using it, but am looking forward to it!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:45 PM 06-29-2010
Figures, I just ordered a Iphone 4 today. All in all though, I can't complain too much about AT&T's service/coverage.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...one-in-January
[Reply]
Samsquanch 09:06 PM 06-29-2010
Yeah, I figure the iPhone wouldn't be the best selling phone in history if AT&T was that bad. I'm a new iPhone user and AT&T subscriber and have no complaints thus far (after 5 days)...
[Reply]
Page 30 of 54
« First < 20282930 313240 > Last »
Up