Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Okay, lovers of the LEAF, step right up...
Hippi3Slay3r 12:02 PM 02-11-2014
CC
Mild - LGC MdO#3
Med - PLPC
Full - Boli BF

NC
Mild - 5Vegas Gold Maduro
Med - Cubao natural corona
Full - Curivari Cafe petit
[Reply]
icehog3 02:28 PM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by mikesr1963:
I discovered when I quit smoking at 23 that smoking dulls the taste buds a great deal. Since I've picked cigars back up I am not going to smoke so often as to let that happen again. I'm staying away from anything that may be a quick smoke and could turn into a more often smoke. I smoked cigars for 7 years before I stopped at 23. I was in the military at 19 and got to enjoy a good variety of smokes. I love tasting a cigar with a clean palate.
Smoked slowly, a corona or PC can last 40 or more minutes, and like Adam said, you might find some flavors that are more pronounced in the smaller format. I can understand you noty wanting it to be similar to someone with cigarettes, but you can make that happen with smaller format cigars. Do you find yourself to be a "fast smoker"?
[Reply]
Zanaspus 09:48 PM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Smoked slowly, a corona or PC can last 40 or more minutes, and like Adam said, you might find some flavors that are more pronounced in the smaller format. I can understand you noty wanting it to be similar to someone with cigarettes, but you can make that happen with smaller format cigars. Do you find yourself to be a "fast smoker"?
Heck, I can nurse a TPC out to 40 minutes. :-)
[Reply]
mikesr1963 07:20 AM 02-14-2014
I actually have kind of picky pace (OCD even). I don't want it to burn to hot and I don't want the cherry to get so low as to take to many starter puffs to get my preferred burn. I'm comfortable in the RG of 43 to 52. Before or after my hiatus I didn't/don't smoke a cigar down beyond or much beyond half way in lengths from 5 1/2 to 7 inches. That's the flavor range and pace I prefer that gives me much joy.:-)
Originally Posted by icehog3:

[Reply]
Blueface 07:24 AM 02-14-2014
That's the great thing about cigars.
So many to choose from.
So many ways to smoke/enjoy them.
All perfectly OK as totally personal.
The main thing is the relaxation they bring.

In 25 years or so, I have evolved so much and gone through repeated stages of varying ring preference. While I enjoy them all, I do find myself going for robustos and toros more often than not.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up