Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Project Of The Day : Weeze's Office
shilala 12:59 PM 07-11-2013

[Reply]
shilala 01:01 PM 07-11-2013
Some of those pics are awful, sorry. You should get the gist of it.
Weeze didn't get moved into it last night, I'm guessing we'll get that done this weekend. I'll post before and after pic when she's all moved in.
I only have a dozen more pieces to make for the office. At the rate I'm moving I should be all done by 2020. Stay tuned!!! :-)
[Reply]
stearns 01:05 PM 07-11-2013
thats puurty :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:12 PM 07-11-2013
It weighs about 800 pounds, Ben. It should survive any laser beams that get thrown at it.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 01:13 PM 07-11-2013
Awesome work.
[Reply]
Dave128 01:18 PM 07-11-2013
Very nice work, Scott!
[Reply]
shilala 01:20 PM 07-11-2013
Thanks guys!!! :-)
I'm just glad it's out of my shop and my scooter is back in. I think I might sneak out for a little ride later. I still forget it's here cause I waited so long to bring it home. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 01:29 PM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
It weighs about 800 pounds, Ben. It should survive any laser beams that get thrown at it.
definitely most of the smaller lasers :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 01:34 PM 07-11-2013
Scott that is truely a beautiful piece of furniture! I hope someday to have the tools and a shop area to be able to make stuff like that. Awesome work sir!
[Reply]
pektel 03:55 PM 07-11-2013
Very nice work, Scott. :-)

Looks like you put that CNC machine to use on the cathedral "wainscot panels", eh?

I wish I had the extra time to work on fun stuff like this. My most "fun" project recently was refinishing a wagon for my kids. In fact, still needs one more coat or paint, decals/stencils, and reassembly.
[Reply]
shilala 10:46 AM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by pektel:
Looks like you put that CNC machine to use on the cathedral "wainscot panels", eh?

I wish I had the extra time to work on fun stuff like this. My most "fun" project recently was refinishing a wagon for my kids. In fact, still needs one more coat or paint, decals/stencils, and reassembly.
Sure did, Peter. Most every piece was cut on the CNC machine. It does a very nice job holding dimensions and doing multiple operations at once.
I mostly use the table saw for sizing rough lumber and making odd pieces that aren't worth setting up on the machine. I use it for adjustments to large pieces when necessary, too.

There's just as much fun, if not more, in short projects than these big ones. Stuff like this tends to hang over your head, especially when it drags on for 6 months. :-)
I like stuff that takes a month or so. As I get better designing and building, it should take far less time to get things done. Making each panel out of skinny lumber is labor-intensive, slow and boring, and the hours of sanding are brutal, but it is what it is. The final results are outstanding, so it's worth the effort.

I've considered using planes because I've saved so much sanding time by using my chisels, but good planes are around $350 each. I'd need at least 3 kinds to make any headway, and a thousand bucks for 3 hand tools is really, really tough to lay down.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 06:22 PM 08-19-2013
That's pretty amazing right there!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:29 PM 08-19-2013
Amazing work Scott. I'm sure Lisa is extremely happy. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:18 AM 08-20-2013
Scott,
Let me know when you take your furniture building on the road, to take advantage of some "southern" woods, like in South Florida. I'll be waiting.
I wish I could do stuff like that.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up