Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: How does you Significant Other view your cigar hobby?
She loves it! 39 19.80%
She hates it! 40 20.30%
Somewhere in the middle. 118 59.90%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars and your Significant Other
icehog3 01:27 PM 07-30-2012
My ex-wife hated cigars, and by the end, I hated her. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 01:28 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by lenguamor:
until one night when we got home and were overcome by passion and didn't clean up a bit first; and when I kissed her it was like "Oh, hey, grandpa! Didn't know you were back from the dead!"
:-)

Hey, IME if you've had enough to drink it cancels out, hehe.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 01:37 PM 07-30-2012
My wife doesn't mind, heck she even let's me have te spare room for my cigar rolling. She has had the occasional cigar like a Java or acid.

She just doesn't like me buying cigars... And now that I have hit the slippery slope everything is shipped to my parents house.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:41 PM 07-30-2012
My wife is fine with it, although she worries a little about potential health risks. But she used to worry about my motorcycles too.

Of course she usually gives me a hard time if she sees a package arrive, just because she hates to miss taking advantage of a good opportunity. So I just make sure she doesn't see packages arrive. :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:44 PM 07-30-2012
My wife supports my habbit/hobby but does not like the smell on me. The smell of cigars being smoked does not bother her, it's the breath and the smell of the clothes after.
[Reply]
yachties23 01:48 PM 07-30-2012
My girlfriend is Cuban, and actually loves that I am into cigars. Total score for me.
[Reply]
jluck 01:51 PM 07-30-2012
My wife is pretty good about it but occasionally I get a text or talk after she checks the bank statement. "STOP BUYING CIGARS FOR A WHILE" I get. So now I have a personal checking account for my play money.:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:53 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
My wife doesn't mind, heck she even let's me have te spare room for my cigar rolling. She has had the occasional cigar like a Java or acid.

She just doesn't like me buying cigars... And now that I have hit the slippery slope everything is shipped to my parents house.
It seems that most have a method, luckily I am home first (90% of the time) and can put everything away quickly. Just gotta get lucky and have no packages arrive on those 10% days.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 01:56 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by yachties23:
My girlfriend is Cuban, and actually loves that I am into cigars. Total score for me.

JACKPOT!
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 01:57 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
It seems that most have a method, luckily I am home first (90% of the time) and can put everything away quickly. Just gotta get lucky and have no packages arrive on those 10% days.
Wow. There are some real sneaky bastages around these parts :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 01:59 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed:
Wow. There are some real sneaky bastages around these parts :-)
Guess I am lucky, I dont have to hide anything. Leigh knows I dont go overboard anymore!!!:-)
[Reply]
Shadow 02:07 PM 07-30-2012
I am very fortunate. My wife smokes cigars and has two humidors of her own! Also both of my kids smoke cigars.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:28 PM 07-30-2012
My wife does not hate it but she does not love it either. She was the one who suggested I pick up some cigars for a golfing vacation we took many years ago. Before that, I only smoked at golf tournaments when the vendors provided the cigars. Sometimes she regrets that suggestion :-)

On the other hand she gets to buy shoes (or purses) when I buy cigars, so she has no probloem with my purchases :-)
[Reply]
Bax 02:36 PM 07-30-2012
She hates everything about it but tolerates it since I could have so many vices that are waaaaaaay worse :-)
[Reply]
Kevin(n)tn 02:49 PM 07-30-2012
It depends on her mood at the time. She has many and I just hope I smoke one on a good mood day.
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 03:00 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Shadow:
I am very fortunate. My wife smokes cigars and has two humidors of her own! Also both of my kids smoke cigars.
[Reply]
Malakai 03:56 PM 07-30-2012
My GF doesn't mind. Only after I have smoked in the apartment and didn't air it out enough. She always tells me more cigars!! I always tell her more Shoes!! It's a nice trade off.
[Reply]
jovenhut 03:58 PM 07-30-2012
I ve been pretty lucky as she enjoys Cigars alot. Problem is she loves Opus X!
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 04:07 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by jovenhut:
Problem is she loves Opus X!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:11 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by md4958:
My wife bought me my first box of cigars... little did she know it was a shove down the slope.
Same here, well 2nd box.

She doesn't care that smoke but she does care that buy! :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 45 > Last »
Up