Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Devil Site Victims Anonymous
pektel 03:05 PM 05-08-2012
Make up a code word. Just say "Cow" or something.
[Reply]
jluck 03:20 PM 05-08-2012
Cbid does have rules against price fixing. FYI
[Reply]
sevans105 03:44 PM 05-08-2012
Ok...bad idea. Blame it on all the drugs I take. :-)

No cbid collusion.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 04:18 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
Make up a code word. Just say "Cow" or something.
"The duck flies upside-down at midnight" always works.
[Reply]
jjirons69 07:13 PM 05-08-2012
I turned my golfing buddy's dad onto Cbid a little over a year ago. He gets up every morning, checks his bids, finds new ones to make, and goes to work. When he gets home he checks and doctors his bids. This is every day. The old man says it was the best advice anyone has ever given him - all those around him would beg to differ. He retires in a couple of years. Lord help them all then. He's a-buck-a-stick kinda guy and he'll need a walk-in.

Someone at CI is a marketing genius! Especially the guy that came up with the weekly shipping/combined shipping option.
[Reply]
cmitch 02:28 PM 05-09-2012
Just one more. One more and I'm done. I promise I'll quit!! After this time.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:39 PM 05-09-2012
Have only gotten a few things off of the devil site.
[Reply]
cmitch 10:02 PM 07-26-2012
I have relapsed. My addiction has expanded to buying sticks "off the streets" and other sites as well. I'm no longer safe because some brothers here have made sure that I've succumbed to temptation by listing great sticks for sale. I'm finished. I've joined others by sinking into the darkness of impulsive buying. And it feels great.:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Weeee 11:10 PM 07-26-2012
putting my name in there
[Reply]
shopkins82 06:57 AM 07-30-2012
Picked up 10 tins of Pirata Pequenos for just $2/tin last week. Great little 20-30 min hand-made (free-rolled) smoke and cost less than Swishers! Grabbed a 5er of Professor Sila for $3 since I like Baccarat, Diamondback and the like but these have a funny bit of sour aftertaste which doesn't mesh well with the sweet tip.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:02 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I have relapsed. My addiction has expanded to buying sticks "off the streets" and other sites as well. I'm no longer safe because some brothers here have made sure that I've succumbed to temptation by listing great sticks for sale. I'm finished. I've joined others by sinking into the darkness of impulsive buying. And it feels great.:-)
Congrats on giving into temptation! You knew it was going to happen, sooner or later!
[Reply]
whodeeni 11:10 AM 07-31-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Have only gotten a few things off of the devil site.
Namely those LHCDC's you bastit!:-) Got me started again!:-):-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:25 AM 08-01-2012
Funny Story, in Dec/January i picked up brick of victor st claire 55 corojo
red cigarillo's. I had a tin in my car for short smokes. They were kind of dry
but everybody loved them! I would never buy anything else from him but
i've found that its hard to mess up a cigarillo/petite corona.

The Cohiba Pequeno's are actually the best stick in the Cohiba Red Dot
line!
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:50 AM 01-07-2013
Haven't been to CB in quite a while, but I have golfing buddies that are tired of smoking Thompson and want something a little better. They asked me to do their purchases, so I'm going back to score them some deals. I love buying cigars and I like it even more when it's not my money. Now if the devil site just had a free shipping code!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:17 AM 01-07-2013
Originally Posted by maconusmile:
You can try but you won't succeed. It will bring you down lol...just sayin
You know, I do not understand this. If you watch your pricing, there are not really any specials there - at least not on anything I have ever really wanted. I have looked, and looked, and looked, and never found anything worth offering a bid on.

Maybe I'm just a tightwad, but when I order something, I want a deal.

I have yet to find a "deal" there.

I have seen a few deals that others posted about, over which I was mildly envious, but never have I seen a deal on a cigar I was searching for at a price I couldn't get regularly elsewhere.

Of course, I don't go over there every day. I did at one time, but now I go over there rarely - it was such a waste of time to look and not find anything that I thought was "worth" bidding on.

I guess everybody's experience and approach is different. I just don't get it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
[Reply]
363 07:20 AM 01-07-2013
It took me a good while to back off of the site. Been clean for a good while, moved on to bigger & better pastures :-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 08:44 AM 01-07-2013
I've noticed you do have to watch as the deals sometimes aren't really deals (as Todd mentioned above). I have been fortunate enough to save 50% on a mazo of 20 here and there but you have to be aware of prices through other retailers.

That said, my new ashtray should be coming in the mail from them today or tomorrow :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:16 AM 01-07-2013
I have been clean for about a year now, thanks for the support!
[Reply]
iaMkcK 11:14 AM 01-07-2013
Was big on CigarMonster, but never auction sites. Don't use credit, so all purchases are generally "OK, I got money now.. Buy something before I spend it on food.. Go go go!!"

Now? I barely even look at CigarMonster. When I get my new humi, I'd rather it be filled with all premium sticks.. My pocketbook and GF don't agree sadly :-D
[Reply]
jjirons69 12:03 PM 01-07-2013
My golfing buddies have started me out with $200. They want variety, decent golf gars, at a reasonable price. CB offers plenty of 5ers and small lots so that should give them the variety and hopefully a week's worth of selective shopping will give them quantity with some quality. I often see Thompson house brands, JR knockoffs, and Quorums in their carts. In this instance, they are the ones complaining about what they smoke, doesn't matter to me in the least. I guess they're tired of not hearing me complain.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 45 > Last »
Up