jluck 08:24 PM 02-23-2012
Nub Cameroon kicked my rear.
[Reply]
smitty81 08:28 PM 02-23-2012
1926 padron?
[Reply]
neoflex 08:29 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by Islayphile:
I smoke LFD DL Chisels often, especially the maduro. :-)
If you smoke these regularly you may have a hard time finding something to give you that kick in the jaw your looking to get. You may want to give the Cu-Avana Punisher a try although it may not give you a nic buzz but will give you some spice.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:25 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo:
The old Litto Gomez Diez. ...
This. OMG that thing about knocked me out!
[Reply]
billybarue 09:28 PM 02-23-2012
Of the LFD DLs I think the Lancero is the most potent.
[Reply]
Islayphile 04:53 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by neoflex:
If you smoke these regularly you may have a hard time finding something to give you that kick in the jaw your looking to get. You may want to give the Cu-Avana Punisher a try although it may not give you a nic buzz but will give you some spice.
Yeah, that's why I'm asking here to see if I'm missing the hammer of all cigars.

Punishers...BTDT

:-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 05:41 AM 02-24-2012
I can pretty much smoke anything I want as early as I want these days. Having a Tat Black at 7:30 am now. I know that a fresh FFOX Power Ranger caused my head to spin once. Never really got the sweats from any Triple Maduro, LFD DL, JdN Antano, or a Tat Cojonu. Tolerance is pretty high I guess.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:24 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Lung a Macanudo. It'll kick your ass.
Maybe yours, but I do it all the time; I smoke cigarettes too, so I have tough lungs. :-)
[Reply]
Reaver2145 06:29 AM 02-24-2012
A cuban punch punch on a empty stomach is quite nasty.

Same goes for oliva V double coronas even after a heavy meal it made me feel sick.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:21 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Maybe yours, but I do it all the time; I smoke cigarettes too, so I have tough lungs. :-)
for now.........
[Reply]
Ervsuperb 07:29 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
LFD Double Ligero
JDN Antano

Those are the only two I have actually felt ill from. Particularly the Antano.
These and the Cain F lancero.

That particular LFD along with some Grand Marnier actually had me paying tithes to the porcelain god once:-)
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:32 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by Reaver2145:
A cuban punch punch on a empty stomach is quite nasty.

Same goes for oliva V double coronas even after a heavy meal it made me feel sick.
I've yet to try the PP however an Oliva V with a dram or four of Lagavulin is an excellent way to wind down the day.

Although full bodied, I don't find them all that strong
[Reply]
shilala 07:41 AM 02-24-2012
I chew a can or two of snuff a day, so it's real tough for me to get a nic buzz.
A couple nice, full bodied cigars are El Cobre (Oliva) and El Original Maduro (House blend from Island smoke shop in Key Largo, get the Toro).
The only cigars that I can think of off the top of my head that gave me a nic buzz were a particular Anejo (big ring, 50+) when I was going to see my tax guy a few years ago and more recently a Padron Family Reserve 46 Anniversary Maduro. It kicked both me and my buddy in the ass and we're both nicotine whores of the first degree.
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:44 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
I chew a can or two of snuff a day, so it's real tough for me to get a nic buzz.
A couple nice, full bodied cigars are El Cobre (Oliva) and El Original Maduro (House blend from Island smoke shop in Key Largo, get the Toro).
The only cigars that I can think of off the top of my head that gave me a nic buzz were a particular Anejo (big ring, 50+) when I was going to see my tax guy a few years ago and more recently a Padron Family Reserve 46 Anniversary Maduro. It kicked both me and my buddy in the ass and we're both nicotine whores of the first degree.
The only time I thought I was going to hurl was after putting in a dip of Kodiak while I was at the very tail end of smoking a 601 Green. (cigar lounge bet)

I'll hunt down The El Cobre and give her a whirl

[Reply]
shilala 07:54 AM 02-24-2012
The only time I thought I was going to hurl was after putting in a dip of Kodiak while I was at the very tail end of smoking a 601 Green. (cigar lounge bet)

I'll hunt down The El Cobre and give her a whirl

The El Original is the better of the two, if you're looking for strong. They're real similar in taste. The El Cobre used to be stronger, but now it's produced for the masses, so it's not as nasty as it used to be. It's still real good, though. Kind of a milder El Original.
Seek out that El Original Toro Maduro. It's got a finish that'll stick with you for two days. You'll LOVE it. :-)
Linky.
[Reply]
Islayphile 08:06 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
The El Original is the better of the two, if you're looking for strong. They're real similar in taste. The El Cobre used to be stronger, but now it's produced for the masses, so it's not as nasty as it used to be. It's still real good, though. Kind of a milder El Original.
Seek out that El Original Toro Maduro. It's got a finish that'll stick with you for two days. You'll LOVE it. :-)
Linky.
Thank you oh BOTL!

[Reply]
SJS 08:28 AM 02-24-2012
How about a Diesel Unlimited ??? I've had that one kick me in the head on an empty stomach....But the JDN,, El Cobre, 601 LaBomba, Cain F & LFD all get a vote for me. I love strong sticks as well. The only problem is all the mild sticks I stocked up on when starting my slide down the slippery slope !!
[Reply]
Islayphile 08:43 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by SJS:
How about a Diesel Unlimited ??? I've had that one kick me in the head on an empty stomach....But the JDN,, El Cobre, 601 LaBomba, Cain F & LFD all get a vote for me. I love strong sticks as well. The only problem is all the mild sticks I stocked up on when starting my slide down the slippery slope !!
I didn't care for the Diesels flavor, so quite honestly I didn't pay any attention to their strength.

The El Cobre is the only one you listed that I've yet to try.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 08:46 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by Bad Finger:
Surprised I didn't see the Camacho Triple Maduro in this list.
+1.

11/18 is a knee knocker.
[Reply]
SJS 08:57 AM 02-24-2012
I didn't care for the Diesels flavor, so quite honestly I didn't pay any attention to their strength.

The El Cobre is the only one you listed that I've yet to try.

That's too bad, I love all the Diesels & they all have a nice kick !!!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up