Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>do you eat or drink anything while smoking?
Blak Smyth 11:38 AM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by BnBTobacco:
I usually have it during snacktime. I have Tacos.
You have tacos at snack time? How awesome is your life!
<---Colored jealous!
[Reply]
mikebchipper 12:53 PM 12-06-2011
I like a coffee (mocha), sweet red table wine, or sometimes a soda (cherry coke), but prefer the coffee. I've tried chocolate (dark) with the wine and cigar. Good combo, but it depends on your taste.
[Reply]
yourchoice 01:21 PM 12-06-2011
I don't always drink beer when I smoke a cigar, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. :-) With the recent thread bump, I thought it was appropriate. :-)

Seriously though... Bourbon, Scotch (all whisk(e)y's for that matter), rum, beer, coffee, water, and soda all work fine for me. Rarely, but occasionally, I'll eat while smoking. Usually it's at a cookout or something similar (like a herf at TriShield's...man the food!).
[Reply]
jsd 12:12 PM 12-07-2011
RC Cola to drink. Nothing to eat.
[Reply]
mikebchipper 01:03 PM 12-07-2011
@ jsd....RC cola is the best man!!!
[Reply]
Sam Leccia 10:21 AM 12-15-2011
If I am trying a new blend, or want to taste just the cigar, then I drink water, on an empty stomach.

If I am just enjoying myself, or hanging with friends, I love coffee, a good whisky, dark or spiced rum, or a full flavored beer. If i'm not into drinking any alcohol a good cigar can taste great with a Dr. Pepper, root beer, or cream soda.

My ultimate favorite pairing is a nice port. To me, nothing pairs better.

clear spirits don't work well for me when pairing, but it certainly won't ruin may day either!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:24 AM 12-15-2011
I like port with cigars as well, really pairs well with "earthy" smokes for me.

Patron XO tequila is nice to sip with a cigar as well.
[Reply]
DaBear 10:59 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I like port with cigars as well, really pairs well with "earthy" smokes for me.

Patron XO tequila is nice to sip with a cigar as well.
Was just about to ask about tequila with cigars. Want to get into tequila as its one of the few hard liquors I can drink straight and enjoy. Need to get some Patron.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:07 AM 12-15-2011
I'm a coke guy when smoking a cigar, or bourbon/ beer when I feel grown up, Cream soda is also a winner.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:08 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Was just about to ask about tequila with cigars. Want to get into tequila as its one of the few hard liquors I can drink straight and enjoy. Need to get some Patron.
I've found this too! All my friends hate it. But with the exception of good bourbons, I can drink tequila straight with no bother, no burn. It's almost dangerous and I stay away from it purely for the reason of how smooth it goes down.
[Reply]
South Shield 11:15 AM 12-15-2011
Cabernet Sauvignon, Hot Coppa, cheese.
[Reply]
Sam Leccia 11:18 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by South Shield:
Cabernet Sauvignon, Hot Coppa, cheese.
I totally flaked on the wine....YES a good red goes well everytime.
[Reply]
DaBear 12:44 PM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
I've found this too! All my friends hate it. But with the exception of good bourbons, I can drink tequila straight with no bother, no burn. It's almost dangerous and I stay away from it purely for the reason of how smooth it goes down.
Same, my roommates refuse to purchase anymore after Cinco De Mayo this year. Some cheap tequila in some palmer is one of my favorite mixed drinks(surprisingly works well as a palate cleanser between cigars thanks to the light bitterness from the palmer).
[Reply]
ucla695 01:14 PM 12-15-2011
Coffe, wine, port, water...it's all good to me!
[Reply]
chaase321 01:45 PM 12-15-2011
Usually its Bourbon, Cabernet Sauvignon, or water...this whole cream soda or root beer thing looks really tempting though. I may give it a shot
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:02 PM 12-15-2011
I've been on a cream soda kick for a while after reading this thread. Like it much better than the root beer. Iced tea out Pendleton with coke are the norm for me.
[Reply]
HumanAsh 02:12 PM 12-15-2011
Absolutely no food at all, but I like a cold beverage for sure. I prefer a nice craft IPA, some of my favorites are Stone IPA, 21st Amendment Brewery "Brew Free or Die IPA" or Bear Republic Racer 5. When I'm puffing on the job, I stick to good old h2o!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:18 PM 12-15-2011
I had a hot chocolate with a cigar the other night. It was pretty good.
[Reply]
Flounder 02:30 PM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
I had a hot chocolate with a cigar the other night. It was pretty good.
I thought of this the other night. Sounds delicious. I'm going to try it this winter. Stand outside with the thermos of hot chocolate and a cigar, should be bearable.
[Reply]
lenguamor 03:02 PM 12-15-2011
'Hot Choklat'?

http://www.newschoolbeer.com/2011/12...er-warmer.html
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up